Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I'm starting to get closer (hopefully) to my EDD and pickup.

Since I have a trade, I decided to take my sportbike to the Devon, PA location where my pickup is to be. (Why risk putting 100+ miles on the car thats to be traded just to stop by and give them a reason to knock a few bucks?) Saw a new trailer of 3s and Ys coming in so there will be a few more lucky people with deliveries. I was very surprised that I ran into my same SA who let me test drive the Y at the King of Prussia mall AND having him actually remember me too (he mentioned specific details of our conversation.) It was a very pleasant surprise.

After just taking little tour of the place and verifying my order is still setup correctly, I got to say, this wait for me is like being locked in a room in solitary and you begin to hear the voices of doubt. I'm not sure if I should listen to that voice in my head saying, maybe I should try a M3 out?

So...

Thats what I did today. It was just as fun as my first Y test drive, just a little lower but not that much. I used to have an Audi A5 and that felt so low like I was two inches from road rashing my butt. With the 3, I did like being able to see out the back with the rear mirror and I do like the Sport 19" rims better on the 3 than the Ys 19" Geminis. But damn, losing that taller cargo space and some practicality... Not sure if I'll regret losing space for something that is nearly the same car without it.

And to add salt to the wound, the SA said it would only be like a $300-$500 increase than my current order if I do find one out there (due to price increases to orders and the car itself.) Insurance for me is a little higher on a 3 than the Y w/ Progressive. All in all, its close enough to level for me.

Going to let the weekend go until I make a decision. If, in the mean time, I do get the Y VIN, the question will be answered then.

BTW, do the 3s come with Bio Defense mode now? I didn't see it on the 3 tester I tried.
No, they don’t. Not enough room, Elon says…

I'll be picking up my MYLR7 in KCMO in 2-3 months based on my current EDD. Glad to hear your delivery process went well.
You’re gonna love it! And I don’t think you’ll have to wait that long either. The guy that helped us said they’ve been busy all week long on deliveries - one after another - as fast as they can get them out the door. I called them this morning to see if they could get us in before our 3:00 pick up and were told no way, they were too tight on their schedule. Apparently the KC location had 40 cars delivered on Labor Day and two were Plaid’s. Their parking lot was full of new Tesla’s. I know not everyone has the best experience with Tesla, but for us it was the best car buying experience I’ve ever had.

MY arrived today!!! Stunna! 🤩 only issue I’ve found is I cannot access the controls on the LCD screen while charging unless my door is slightly open. Does anyone know of this issue? Hoping it’s just user error.
A627A2D2-36C2-412E-80B2-2716854AAFE1.jpeg

My charger arrived today, it’s going to mock me until I get my car. 😂😂View attachment 707878

For me, after $5800 to get all the electrical work for it (I have a seperated garage so I had no choice but to trench the yard and run the cable), every time I come home from work I stare at that little, single, green light on it knowing I still don't have a car to plug into. Sigh...

For me, after $5800 to get all the electrical work for it (I have a seperated garage so I had no choice but to trench the yard and run the cable), every time I come home from work I stare at that little, single, green light on it knowing I still don't have a car to plug into. Sigh...
We should start a thread for the lonely Tesla Wall Connectors our there. Our daily reminder of our empty garage with no Tesla to plug in. Lol

Attachments

• 6AF99FAA-BCC1-431E-B93F-0F61EF08BDD1.jpeg
    6AF99FAA-BCC1-431E-B93F-0F61EF08BDD1.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 53
My charger arrived today, it’s going to mock me until I get my car. 😂😂View attachment 707878
I ordered my wall charger for my May 31 MY order the first week in June and it was installed before the end of June. It’s September and I still don’t have my car. But I do have a fancy green nightlight in my garage!

Hey fellas - as I drool at all the images of model Y that you have received / taken delivery of and I dream about receiving mine… been thinking about:
(1) what glasses in the car need to be tinted?
(2) will adding a yoke wheel void warranty?

thoughts?

Hey fellas - as I drool at all the images of model Y that you have received / taken delivery of and I dream about receiving mine… been thinking about:
(1) what glasses in the car need to be tinted?
(2) will adding a yoke wheel void warranty?

thoughts?
We are going to tint the fronts and darken the factory tint on the rears and hatch. We are not doing the roof. That’s happening ASAP after we get the car because I hate feeling like I’m in a fishbowl 😂