Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK! So, ordered a Model Y LR on 6/29/2021, nothing fancy. Already have an M3; the Prius is going to the daughter.
On 7/1/2021, The State of New Jersey decides that BEVs costing less than $55k get rebates; in particular, this car would have gotten one for $2k.
But it turns out that the rebates are only for cars bought on or after 7/1/2021. So, talked to the SA.
SA says: Buy another MY LR, same specs, right this very instant. When the first one gets a VIN, move the VIN to the second order and all will be good. Cancel the first: We don't get the $100 down payment back, but a $1900 rebate is better than none at all.
Pulled the trigger on the second order on 7/12/2021.
You all will be happy to know that the S.O. and I stopped being VINless yesterday, 9/12/2021. Today, one phone call and an email to the pertinent people in Springfield, NJ, resulted in the swap and the second order is $2k less than the first. A quick call to the insurance company got us an insurance card, by email no less; finished filling out the info on Tesla's web site, and paid for the car.
EDD is 9/21-9/27, but the guy on the other end of the phone call this morning said it would probably be right around 9/23.
Speaking of EDDs: First EDD back when we did the first order was 9/1-9/30; it then shifted to August a couple of weeks later (!), then slid back to 9/15-10/15, then slowly slid up until both dates were in September, then stayed that way all last week. On Sunday, it tightened up to 9/21-9/27 when the VIN came through. Sure does sound like a September end-of-quarter rush.
The second order initially overlapped the first order by a week; before cancelling the first order, dates on the second order had moved even further back to late October to mid November.
Finally, ignoring the fol-der-rol with swapping between order numbers, car was ordered on 6/29/2021; VIN number appeared on 9/12/2021, 75 days later; and we'll nominally get the car on 9/23/2021, 85 days after ordering. Not too bad, and not as bad as some of the others around here have reported.
Seeing as we've got a TWC in the garage already, and it's the Gen 2 version with a 24' cable, we're good to go with charging, especially since we've had solar on the roof since 2008.

Wow, I just got off the phone with the most incredible and supportive SA. She was in Raleigh - I guess my call was re-routed there as I called Richmond, VA. Anyway, she said she could see MY MY on a truck in San Jose and that it is on the way. She said I will not lose my VIN. She also said that the best way to pay for the car is by Wire Transfer. Once I have inspected the car I can then call my bank and complete the transaction then and there... Wow she was helpful!! Her name is Michelle..... She is going to have my SA call me to confirm.
I live within 15 miles of this Service center. They have some nice people there.

OK! So, ordered a Model Y LR on 6/29/2021, nothing fancy. Already have an M3; the Prius is going to the daughter.
On 7/1/2021, The State of New Jersey decides that BEVs costing less than $55k get rebates; in particular, this car would have gotten one for $2k.
But it turns out that the rebates are only for cars bought on or after 7/1/2021. So, talked to the SA.
SA says: Buy another MY LR, same specs, right this very instant. When the first one gets a VIN, move the VIN to the second order and all will be good. Cancel the first: We don't get the $100 down payment back, but a $1900 rebate is better than none at all.
Pulled the trigger on the second order on 7/12/2021.
You all will be happy to know that the S.O. and I stopped being VINless yesterday, 9/12/2021. Today, one phone call and an email to the pertinent people in Springfield, NJ, resulted in the swap and the second order is $2k less than the first. A quick call to the insurance company got us an insurance card, by email no less; finished filling out the info on Tesla's web site, and paid for the car.
EDD is 9/21-9/27, but the guy on the other end of the phone call this morning said it would probably be right around 9/23.
Speaking of EDDs: First EDD back when we did the first order was 9/1-9/30; it then shifted to August a couple of weeks later (!), then slid back to 9/15-10/15, then slowly slid up until both dates were in September, then stayed that way all last week. On Sunday, it tightened up to 9/21-9/27 when the VIN came through. Sure does sound like a September end-of-quarter rush.
The second order initially overlapped the first order by a week; before cancelling the first order, dates on the second order had moved even further back to late October to mid November.
Finally, ignoring the fol-der-rol with swapping between order numbers, car was ordered on 6/29/2021; VIN number appeared on 9/12/2021, 75 days later; and we'll nominally get the car on 9/23/2021, 85 days after ordering. Not too bad, and not as bad as some of the others around here have reported.
Seeing as we've got a TWC in the garage already, and it's the Gen 2 version with a 24' cable, we're good to go with charging, especially since we've had solar on the roof since 2008.
Congrats.
The purchase date is the order date?

Just a friendly reminder...

Please update your order details when you get a VIN or receive delivery!​

It helps the rest of us maintain our sanity. ;)

I definitely foresee myself making up excuses to “go for a drive” once mine arrives lol
Dunno why this reminded me but... my grandfather used to go for drives every day. By the time I was around and remembering, it was because he was a secrete cigarette smoker. In his younger years, I'm sure he had plenty of other reasons to "go for a drive." The shock and disbelief in his normally jovial face when I told him that my fancy new electric car allows me or my husband to track where the other is... among the funniest memories I have of him!

I feel your pain…I have a MYLR with an OD of May 8th and an EDD of Nov 23 - Dec 13. The waiting continues…
I feel like you and I are the only two (posting on this forum anyway) that has a May order with a Nov/Dec EDD. I'm told by our SA that we are supposed to be in September, but the EDD scares me since it hasn't moved in a while. Plus, I feel like we should be seeing a VIN by now if this was going to happen.

I feel like you and I are the only two (posting on this forum anyway) that has a May order with a Nov/Dec EDD. I'm told by our SA that we are supposed to be in September, but the EDD scares me since it hasn't moved in a while. Plus, I feel like we should be seeing a VIN by now if this was going to happen.
Totally agree…I do not have high hopes for an EOQ VIN. It’s looking like Thanksgiving.

An update re: my VIN assignment today. My order page is showing 9/16-9/18 EDD and I will be across the country until the end of the month and unable to take delivery.

Followed up with SA and explained the situation. Discussed my concern about being pushed to the end of the line and he assured me that would not happen. I must've asked 3 to 4 times to ensure this was the case and he told me that if I was unable to make delivery my VIN would just be given to someone else and I'd be reassigned, "keeping my place in line".

I'm assuming this is what some people have referred to as "Priority waiting list" but not sure.

Additional context: my order was assigned to NJ delivery which explains the text I received a few weeks ago re: Paramus SC damage. Also, I told my SA I would not be back until 10/1 and according to him this won't cause any complications despite being outside current quarter.

My SA has always been super knowledgeable and seemed very confident this won't be an issue at all but I've read so many conflicting reports of how these "missed deliveries" are handled i.e. "moved to the back of the line". He repeatedly told me that this will not happen to me so that's all I have to go off for the moment...

So I called Tesla again today since two weeks ago they told me my VIN should come within…two weeks.

I got a totally different answer this time. Instead of “ignore the EDD, you should take delivery around the end of September”, I got “all I can see is your current posted EDD of 10/31-11/20.” It’s so frustrating to call the same number two weeks apart and get two wildly different answers.