Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you may be right on this. I had been worried that after nearly 100 days, that my delivery window would fall during the period I am out of town and that is exactly what ultimately happened. Based on everything I had read, there seemed to be 2 different ways this would be handled:
  1. If you put your car on hold, it would essentially reset your "order date" to the day you released the hold. This is the "moved to the back of the line" theory that keeps coming up.
  2. I also found a few examples of those who rejected cars for defects who reported being put on some sort of "priority waiting list" that allowed them to rematch to a VIN after a few weeks.
However, I hadn't seen many examples of those who had to push delivery because they were unavailable to take delivery, like in my situation. I explained my situation to my SA yesterday and he said he would pass my VIN on to another person and we would rematch when I returned. I told him I was worried about be pushed back months and he told me this would not happen.

Since my VIN had not been released from my account right away I got a few text and email reminders to schedule delivery. My last email stated:

When I logged onto my account I saw that the VIN had been removed from my order, my order was now on hold, and I had the blue "I'm Ready" button. I had a brief panic because I was worried this would result in scenario #1 above, i.e., clicking this would release my hold and my EDD would reset to another 90+ days of purgatory.

I emailed my SA to double check this wouldn't happen and this was his response:

Hopefully, this helps someone else in the same situation since I haven't seen a lot of examples. I'll follow-up on how long it "actually" takes once my hold is released.
Ah, this is useful information. Thanks for sharing.

So this won't really work either. But if they do nothing the credits will expire for everyone and then it's a fair playing field for everybody, which means it's game over for the legacy automakers.
I know I'm in the minority supporting the extra incentive for the union shops (aka Legacy) but my reasoning is for exactly what you just said! We are quite literally in a virtual waiting room because Tesla can't meet demand as it is. If any one of the Big 3 go under, it's no good for anyone! We need all of them to succeed in the EV space in order to meet Tesla's own official mission.

Hey guys!

Former member of CDTA, here! (Current Delivery Times Anonymous) Took delivery of my car on 8/20 and couldn't be happier...until it had to go into service...ugh

Just wanted to vent! Just when I thought I didn't have to wait anymore to drive my Tesla, car's been in service for 2 weeks almost to fix a small door rock chip that was there when I took delivery. I thought my waiting times were all done when I got the car, but in good ol' fashion Tesla way, there's more waiting involved.

hehe Anyways, hang in there yall, car IS amazing....when you have it in your possession!

=)

Julian.

Stopped at Highland Park Tesla today for a 2nd test drive of MYLR. ( Actually just wanted to speak in person to someone about my current order- since callbacks are few and far between. But it had been 2 months since last test drive 😂). No update to delivery, still holding at 10/27 - 11/16…But was able to confirm with 2 SA’s that they would take a Cashiers check on day of pickup…it would just make my time at dealership longer that day….Also confirmed that Tesla’s in this Northern Market are being delivered with front mud flaps and PPF in front of back wheels. If they don’t come from Fremont that way the dealership will install…

Reactions: JeffSanDiego
Just wanted to wish everyone luck and happy VIN day. We took delivery on the 4th and after doing a few extra details on our Y I feel it is time to say goodbye to this immensely helpful thread that really made me feel better about all the waiting around and frustration. We still need to get the right rear door alignment fixed but overall the car is in great shape.

In case anyone is curious here are some of the things we did after delivery.

Tinted windows- side, rear and sunroof with llumar xlr ceramic tint 40 all around. It does seem to help with the heat buildup in the car.
paint correction and ceramic coating- this really cleaned up the poor detail job from the dealer, car is really slick now
spyder3d mats
tesla rpm mudflaps
teslarati- center console divider and metal pedal covers

View attachment 709685
Congrats!! I’m over here salivating over your pic bc this is my spec w/ the addition of the 7 seats lol she’s an absolute beauty!!
Tinting is definitely the first thing I’m doing after delivery. Are you considering a PPF eventually or are you pretty content with just the ceramic coat?

View attachment 708219
Car came perfect. Didn't find anything wrong at all. Such a fun day driving. Home delivery was cool. Lady dropped it off was there for about 10 minutes. Worth the wait!
Wanted to give an update. Car has been amazing. Waited 105 days..Longest wait of my life. well worth it. Living in Houston had no power so was a little nervous and charged it up to 90% before the "hurricane". had sentry mode off in the garage and barely lost any battery. I am finding any excuse to go out and drive the car. Best decision ever.

I think we should be paying the full price for such purchases. No public tax money should be spent on giving relief to Tesla or for that matter any EV buyers. MYLR costs us $72K which is equivalent to a decent luxury vehicle like Porsche. We therefore have chosen to spend such money and I don’t think the public should support our desires with rebates. It really doesn’t make any fiscal sense. Essentially borrowing heavily from many future generations already lol Hate to add more stress on the kids for my desires lol wink wink
Based on the current proposals on table, most Tesla won't qualify anyways. The car price (for EV credit) is capped at $55000. Any MY is more than that. Maybe, some M3 will qualify

Reactions: Oldguywaits
Based on the current proposals on table, most Tesla won't qualify anyways. The car price (for EV credit) is capped at $55000. Any MY is more than that. Maybe, some M3 will qualify
I think most of us MYLR won’t qualify but that’s fine. We take responsibility for the rest!!! I like that approach better than availing the subsidy. We guys are the trend setter the explorers:)) Don’t nee government handout for that

Anyone pick up recently here in the NY area and have ppf and mud flaps installed by the SC? Any luck asking them not to put the front plates on? I’m planning to get one of the front plate brackets for my front plates.

Got my VIN! See sig...

mad-max-fury-road (1).gif

Last edited:
I believe that would be for sedans, so the M3. The MY would qualify as an SUV, I think, which has a higher cap.

And to those who don't believe in the EV credit, it's also completely optional, no? So for those who believe it's a poor way for the government to spend money, you can certainly choose not to get those credits. That's an option too.

But like I said before, it's to incentivize those who may be on the fence and to increase EV adoption and lessen the dependence on ICE vehicles. As @PatrickTM said, it's an investment in the future.

x-post

Seems like the "tow" option is holding up newer and older orders... Not sure why Tesla doesn't note this on the order page so you can make an informed decision. Had I known, I would have just ordered the "tow" kit from the Tesla store for $1200.....
Really? I have the tow option on mine and my EDD is in line with some EDDs from orders a month before mine.

I would take it if you weren’t on the other side of the country. I ordered white/white/7 seater/no tow/FSD/20” wheels. Close enough! Lol
Actually i was thinking the same way until my SA bursted my bubble. If i were to take another car i would have to pay additional $500 for order change, pay the new current pricing and possible transit fees. My SA advised me not to go that route since my wait will soon be over… Just a little more patience is what she told ne.

Hey Guys,

Just got the below text. Is this even valid or a scam? Anyone got anything like this?

"Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in September. Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month...... Please reply DELAY if you want to delay......"

OD 6/17 |MYLR7|Red/Black|19"|No FSD/Tow
Haven’t received that one, but others are reporting they have in other threads.