Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y Red with White Interior. Induction wheel. Ordered date 6/19. EDD has changed from 9/13- 9/30 to 9/23-9/30. Still no VIN. My car shipped date has changed from Sept 7 to 8 to 9 to 13 to 14. Most recent one is its supposed to be shipped today as per my SA. But I doubt that since there's no VIN assigned.
Just got a call from my SA. He's saying now your shipping date changed to 10/2. After pushing one day out for entire September until now they pushed it until October 2nd. This is getting ridiculous. So annoying.

I’m sure this has been asked but does anyone know how long the DCU approval is good for? Also do I need a VIN for application? My EDD is 9/20-9/30, (7/1 OD). I was thinking about applying now so that I’m prepared for when I get VIN. I don’t want any last minute holdups due to financing. Thank you in advance.
45 days

Reactions: LATimes

Attachments

• 65CF3E8D-F578-4C7D-B537-231F0C9EBB29.jpeg
    65CF3E8D-F578-4C7D-B537-231F0C9EBB29.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 55
Looks great. I’m also in a northern suburb and if you don’t mind me asking, who did your I stall and how much was it? Thanks!
Smart charge America. $3600 all in, including the WC which they have in stock. Definitely more expensive than the others. I got a few other quotes and all the others wanted to go through the drywall in my finished basement but their electrician found a way around the finished parts to route the conduit. I had a 110’ run from breaker in my basement to my garage and then another 10’-15’ to the mounting point. Very clean work, highly recommend them. If your not interested in cutting corners and want a master electrician to do the work call them. Message me for my info you can get a discount if you have a referral.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Out of curiosity, are non-demo inventory vehicles generally "defective" in some minor way? Are they delivery rejects? Is there a reason (maybe they don't want to ship it to another SC?) why they wouldn't just be matched to the closest customer with the same loadout that's waiting for a custom order?

Out of curiosity, are non-demo inventory vehicles generally "defective" in some minor way? Are they delivery rejects? Is there a reason (maybe they don't want to ship it to another SC?) why they wouldn't just be matched to the closest customer with the same loadout that's waiting for a custom order?
that's a good question. I suspect some are "troubled" builds, but I think most are probably just cars where the person who ordered couldn't take delivery All deliveries need to be inspected with a fine toothed comb, and inventory cars are no exception. I'd hate to have to pay a delivery fee and have to reject a car, so that's one thing that slows me down on pulling the trigger on an inventory car.

I think that's a short term way of looking at it. We need the successful companies to succeed and the poor ones to fail. It'll never get better if we just keep propping up poor and unresponsive companies. The best way to make the transition to EVs quickly is to let the companies good at it grow and the ones poor at it go away.
True to a certain extent. Yes, we need market competition to create better businesses, better jobs, and better product/services for the customer. And which strengthens our country by developing greater resiliency. But from an economic perspective, shuttering businesses is not easy. It can be traumatic for the employees, surrounding business community, and even the city as a whole. This effect is magnified for giant businesses. One of the greatest inventions in our country is the set of bankruptcy protection laws, which allow failing businesses to consolidate debt and survive in some form or fashion, and give the company, employees, etc. a second chance. It’s not “you’re bad at running a company, go away” it’s “you’re bad at running a company, what can you do to get better?” The old system, prior to modern bankruptcy protection laws, even in Western societies, was that if you owed money and couldn’t pay, you went to prison. Our laws set a positive example and encourages future entrepreneurs to take risks, invent, and start new businesses.

Also, we gives tens of billions of taxpayer dollars to fossil fuel companies every year and no one bats an eye. Well, I do, but that’s not the point. But for some reason for EV incentives are controversial even among Tesla buyers. Is it the fact that incentives go directly to individuals that’s hard to swallow?

True to a certain extent. Yes, we need market competition to create better businesses, better jobs, and better product/services for the customer. And which strengthens our country by developing greater resiliency. But from an economic perspective, shuttering businesses is not easy. It can be traumatic for the employees, surrounding business community, and even the city as a whole. This effect is magnified for giant businesses. One of the greatest inventions in our country is the set of bankruptcy protection laws, which allow failing businesses to consolidate debt and survive in some form or fashion, and give the company, employees, etc. a second chance. It’s not “you’re bad at running a company, go away” it’s “you’re bad at running a company, what can you do to get better?” The old system, prior to modern bankruptcy protection laws, even in Western societies, was that if you owed money and couldn’t pay, you went to prison. Our laws set a positive example and encourages future entrepreneurs to take risks, invent, and start new businesses.

Also, we gives tens of billions of taxpayer dollars to fossil fuel companies every year and no one bats an eye. Well, I do, but that’s not the point. But for some reason for EV incentives are controversial even among Tesla buyers. Is it the fact that incentives go directly to individuals that’s hard to swallow?
Why is it that every time I write on here it sounds like alphabet soup. Yet when you write it sounds like the most thought out idea ever.

Great explanation here.

Smart charge America. $3600 all in, including the WC which they have in stock. Definitely more expensive than the others. I got a few other quotes and all the others wanted to go through the drywall in my finished basement but their electrician found a way around the finished parts to route the conduit. I had a 110’ run from breaker in my basement to my garage and then another 10’-15’ to the mounting point. Very clean work, highly recommend them. If your not interested in cutting corners and want a master electrician to do the work call them. Message me for my info you can get a discount if you have a referral.
Thank you!

Why is it that every time I write on here it sounds like alphabet soup. Yet when you write it sounds like the most thought out idea ever.

Great explanation here.
No subsidies were needed for Tesla or any EV buyers.

Subsidies are good but should be carefully monitored. If subsidies are provided to generate clean energy then yes great but subsidizing expensive cars lol may not be a great approach but again so long as we can borrow and print what the heck. Let them do it who cares. I am perfectly fine with shutting down lights, driving less to go green rather than satisfying the unquenchable consumerism of modern western world. Green can never coexist with excessive consumerism. It’s simply a lopsided economic theory. If just all green proponents like us drive 1000 miles less per year using our old cars that’s a tremendous improvement. EVs are the future but subsidies should be tied to a limit. Either the cheapest car or something of that nature. Or just for the battery makers. It’s just unbelievable that we get 8K/person to buy expensive vehicles. Anyways leaving this discussion for those who follow these issues more. I am anxious to get my MYLR without any subsidies!!

But at some point if you're serially bad at running a business, you do need to go away. GM may be headed for bankruptcy #2 now. I don't know if they are, or if they aren't, that's up to them. As far as EV credits go I'd prefer we don't have them at all, but if we're going to have them they should be fair across the board so that they support the innovation and emergence of the EV industry as a whole, not government selected winners (and losers). But if you HAVE to choose, and you don't, but if you HAVE to choose, why in the world would you choose to subsidize the laggards and penalize the innovators?

And if that means GM goes bankrupt again, that's ok. The demand for cars won't go away, and the demand for workers to build cars to meet that demand won't go away, only the demand for GM as an institution will go away. And if they're going to fail yet again, it probably should, and free up those workers and resources to flow to a company that's actually able to make good use of them.

No subsidies were needed for Tesla or any EV buyers.

Subsidies are good but should be carefully monitored. If subsidies are provided to generate clean energy then yes great but subsidizing expensive cars lol may not be a great approach but again so long as we can borrow and print what the heck. Let them do it who cares. I am perfectly fine with shutting down lights, driving less to go green rather than satisfying the unquenchable consumerism of modern western world. Green can never coexist with excessive consumerism. It’s simply a lopsided economic theory. If just all green proponents like us drive 1000 miles less per year using our old cars that’s a tremendous improvement. EVs are the future but subsidies should be tied to a limit. Either the cheapest car or something of that nature. Or just for the battery makers. It’s just unbelievable that we get 8K/person to buy expensive vehicles. Anyways leaving this discussion for those who follow these issues more. I am anxious to get my MYLR without any subsidies!!
So just to be clear, if it were available today, you wouldn't claim the tax credits?

In the Refreshed Model S LR and Plaid delivery threads the are several “rejects” and “bastard’s” lots at Fremont for the new refreshed MSs often discussed. There is even a guy who posts weekly drone flyover footage of the “bastard’s” lot cars. No joke. Not sure there is such a lot for MY rejects, or cars waiting parts, exists, however. I was very thankful that my Plaid didn’t originate in one of those Godforsaken Fremont lots! VIN tracking and analysis is an art form over there!

Last edited: