Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to numerous SA’s Rhode Island is one of a handful of states that cars cannot be purchased and registered by an out of state person for pickup. Tesla could transport the vehicle but will not at the moment due to the logistics of end of quarter push.
Interesting...I never would have thought that was a thing. Good to know b/c Rhode Island is one of the states I'd be willing to drive to if one with my specs came up!

Reactions: ParadigmShift
This happened last quarter too. I booked a test drive at the end of June and they texted me letting me know they sold all their demos. I ended up realizing I should just place an order and test drive later if I wanted this thing. I didn’t test drive until more than a month after ordering 😅
Thankfully I already test drove both the P and LR and had an overnight with the LR. I was supposed to have an overnight with the P so I could finally make up my mind, but that's the one that got cancelled. I'd be super nervous buying a car without driving it first!

Received an automated phone call this morning to confirm my delivery tomorrow at 2pm! 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳

I am awaiting an email or call from my insurance agent saying he was contacted by the DC and has completed the binder.

Pile of stuff I have been gathering for the last 3 months waiting to go, but what to start with!
Matte screen protector
RPM Tesla Performance Plus V-style CF spolier
RPM Tesla GT CG mirror caps
RPM Tesla CF side camera caps
RPM Tesla CF interior switch covers
RPM Tesla CF dash cap
RPM Tesla CF stalk covers
Xpel precut 20% tint
Xpel precut enhanced rear door PPF
Teslashield floor mats
Performance pedal covers
Dead pedal cover
Frunk interior hood panel
Valentine Mirror Mount

I am also a hobbyist detailer so I plan on detailing it before mid-Oct and ceramic coating both the exterior and interior. Not sure on the MY build date but want to ensure the paint has enough time to harden before working it.

Yeah I don't think necessarily it is harder from an assembly perspective to change rims/wheels, moreso that IF (big if because no one has clarity) delivery date is based off one mystical profile completion date, changing wheels is likely to reset that completion date and has the potential to deprioritize delivery based on your earlier completion date and prioritize it based on the new completion date when the wheel change was made instead

This just appears to be the trend from what we've seen here but it could be completely wrong. Based on this many have chosen not to change anything in their profile, and use schemes like purchasing the wheels they want after delivery and selling the wheels they take delivery with. It's all about risk and if this person is willing to take an unquantifiable (is this a word?) risk of potentially getting pushed out 2 months
Oh no doubt. it's not a risk I'm willing to take either. I realized after ordering that the geminis are actually pretty attractive with the hubcap taken off, but no way I'm changing my order now on the chance it would reset me back to 0. Also I actually prefer the look of the Inductions, but the Gemini's are more practical.

That’s great news! Mine has been rock steady at 10/26-11/16 for at least 3 weeks now…..it’s my birthday today, I was hoping Tesla would notice and move my date up….😂😂
Yeah who knows if it holds - I have a 1 week trip in there which I know a lot of people have juggled and I'm nervous about my delivery falling into that time and if I'll end up missing the car. I've heard varying reports of how flexible an SA will be with adjusting the delivery window.

Yeah who knows if it holds - I have a 1 week trip in there which I know a lot of people have juggled and I'm nervous about my delivery falling into that time and if I'll end up missing the car. I've heard varying reports of how flexible an SA will be with adjusting the delivery window.
Yeah, I gave my SA 2 upcoming stretches where I will be out of town and unable to pickup. He said he put that into my account notes, but like others have said I think sometimes they just tell you what you want to hear to get rid of you…

I made a configuration change and it didn’t effect my imaginary EDD. But I called and asked. I told the rep I didn’t want to change my EDD but wanted to know if I could change the wheels. She put it in and said it would not change my date (the fact that it has changed three times I am assuming has nothing to do with the change and everything to do with mw being on the EDD roller coaster).

Interesting. We ordered the day after you did and have basically the same EDD range offset by exactly one day.