Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you sir! How/where did you get these installed? The “how” in the question is mostly about the TPMS - I’m having a heck of a time figuring out how (and where by me) to coordinate swapping the wheels/tires.
Any idea if the wheel/tire packages at TireRack are any good and if anyone’s used their service to have them install the TPMS and wheels?

I just bought new sensors and had them installed, mounted, balanced, etc prior to shipping. Wheels/tires came ready to throw on. Had a local shop do it.

I went through CariD.com

Reactions: dfiz1
I couldn't resist. I clicked the blue button. II have a VIN and an estimated delivery date of September 23-28. They are asking for bank account information for the payment. Is this normal? Does this mean they will initiate an ACH bank transfer for payment? I expected I would need to bring a certified check. It says that they will keep my bank account information on file for future transactions, which makes me nervous.
You can pay online since that’s Tesla’s preference, you can pay with a cashiers check since that‘s most buyers’ preference. Know that sometimes Tesla will just do an ACH bank transfer on the spot using your check’s info anyway. Your DS should be reaching out, or you can call your DC. They’re going to be much more responsive now that they have a car they need to sell, and they need your money.

Was able to take delivery today! It was a home delivery even though I selected pickup at first. Window was 12-4pm, but no sign of the car at 4. I contacted my SA and she said they deliver until they are done with all the cars scheduled for that day.

I heard a quiet "whirrrr" noise at around 5pm and there aren't any other Teslas on my street. I went down and saw the guy drop off the vehicle.

Got to go over the car and play around with it at 5:30pm as I was getting bit by those stupid ankle biter mosquitoes in my area.

Unfortunately there are some issues.
  1. Front headlight has a gap with a panel that the other side does not have.
  2. Rear tail light has a gap with the trunk that the other side does not have.
  3. Driver side pillar column thing has a wider gap than passenger side.
  4. A plastic cover fell off of the second row seat adjustment handles (I have a 3rd row).
  5. Definitely some low frequency noises/boominess coming from the rear of the vehicle.
  6. Some other miscellaneous things.
But overall I'm happy with the car!! I have a service appt for the 14th of October (yikes!). I've made some of the adjustments to the trunk stoppers and the low frequency noises/boominess has improved a bit, but not all the way. I've only got 30 miles on it though so there's literally been no break in period yet. 😂
Classic Stockholm Syndrome haha- induced by the long wait and awareness that hundreds of thousands are desperately spending their time in the prison of waiting lol…

I couldn't resist. I clicked the blue button. II have a VIN and an estimated delivery date of September 23-28. They are asking for bank account information for the payment. Is this normal? Does this mean they will initiate an ACH bank transfer for payment? I expected I would need to bring a certified check. It says that they will keep my bank account information on file for future transactions, which makes me nervous.
Hi. You can pay by bank check if you want. Or you can set up an ACH or a debit of your account. congrats on getting VINned!

Reactions: JeffSanDiego
I just sold my 2017 Highlander to CarMax (today) and they honored the online quote. I was on the same fence and decided to sell to them rather than trade in to Tesla. Process took about an hour and I had a check in hand when I walked out the door.
Sold my 2020 CRV to CarMax last month on anticipation of Tesla delivery…gave me $1k more than we paid for it 15 months prior….they honored the online price quote with no questions…

Thank you sir! How/where did you get these installed? The “how” in the question is mostly about the TPMS - I’m having a heck of a time figuring out how (and where by me) to coordinate swapping the wheels/tires.
Any idea if the wheel/tire packages at TireRack are any good and if anyone’s used their service to have them install the TPMS and wheels?
When I first got my Model 3, I bought Michelin x-ice tires from Costco for a good price. They installed them and swapped them out a few times for $65, including TPMS. I didn’t buy another set of wheels, only the tires. Last Spring I had Tesla swap them and they charged $150 because I only had one set of wheels. YMMV.

Reactions: dfiz1
EDD change few minutes back. New EDD Oct 1-20

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.39.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.39.35 AM.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 95
I almost stopped checking EDD, made no sense when 9/16-9/30 EDD jumped out of Q3 to 10/3-10/23 on 9/17.

Today, just a random EDD check I see a 2 days windows, 9/28-9/30; there is no VIN or Blue button yet.

I am not falling for this, could be a glitch in their system else I am going to waste whole day refreshing account page and I refreshed it 2 times already, oh man, I hate Tesla!

I almost stopped checking EDD, made no sense when 9/16-9/30 EDD jumped out of Q3 to 10/3-10/23 on 9/17.

Today, just a random EDD check I see a 2 days windows, 9/28-9/30; there is no VIN or Blue button yet.

I am not falling for this, could be a glitch in their system else I am going to waste whole day refreshing account page and I refreshed it 2 times already, oh man, I hate Tesla!

Mine is almost exact scenario. Was 9/23 -9/30 and pushed out to Oct 4th - 24th. But it hasn't been changed since. Good luck with yours. Kinda give me hope mine moves up to get it delivered this month as well but highly unlikely for me.

Mine is almost exact scenario. Was 9/23 -9/30 and pushed out to Oct 4th - 24th. But it hasn't been changed since. Good luck with yours. Kinda give me hope mine moves up to get it delivered this month as well but highly unlikely for me.
I am not super +ve about this, just to get over another day while we wait, I come up with theories. My new theory, it's possible they are not going to assign VIN until they load them on trucks/trains or wait till they make it to Texas or any far away place than Fremont. Worst case scenario i.e. they can't arrange transportation, sell it as inventory or deliver to nearby CA locations before 30th in the name of EOQ rush.

I will keep you guys posted, never imagined I will short list my own case for study; for future theories.

Hello
Partner, so my OD is 7/17 and just Monday my EDD moved from November to September 30th, I do not have a vin number either which makes me believe it’s just a joke that Tesla is playing 😂 cheers mate

Reactions: Ladybugn and chand
When I first got my Model 3, I bought Michelin x-ice tires from Costco for a good price. They installed them and swapped them out a few times for $65, including TPMS. I didn’t buy another set of wheels, only the tires. Last Spring I had Tesla swap them and they charged $150 because I only had one set of wheels. YMMV.
For what it's worth, the model 3 initially shipped with a common type of TPMS sensor. The new model 3's and all model Y's ship with a bluetooth based one that's specific to Tesla (because of course they do). They're a little harder to source, and a fair bit more expensive.

Posted this as well in the Performance Thread.

Delivered about 2 weeks ago. Everything was perfect, minus a loose spoiler. 40% tint on the front windows, 5% strip on the windshield, and some new wheels/all seasons (some 20s) for the Rhode Island winter. Getting her XPEL matte/satin wrapped in about a week, as well as a custom 10" sub for the sub trunk space (I had it in my Model 3 as well. Doesnt lose range. Makes low end bass remarkable). A few other small additions like rebadging with T ES L A on the back in black, dual motor in black as well, Tesla "T" in black on the front, blue foot wells in the front and back, mud flaps have all been done.

I think Im done making her my own after the wrap! YAY!

View attachment 712903

View attachment 712902
Beautiful!!! hell of a job!

• Love
Reactions: JaeTheDev
Sold my 2020 CRV to CarMax last month on anticipation of Tesla delivery…gave me $1k more than we paid for it 15 months prior….they honored the online price quote with no questions…

You inspired me to check the price on my car and WOW it went up about $1500 from a couple months ago. I probably added about 1k miles since my last quote so by this logic... I should drive it around nonstop to add more miles! How much did they inspect the car when you brought it in for the final quote? I have a couple things I want to fix but if they barely check anything maybe I don't have to.

I think I have to pull the trigger on this sale asap. I have my parent's old crappy hyundai I can suffer through until the tesla comes in.

Reactions: Icebowlpacker