Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To me, I think about it as if I was buying a car from a regular car dealer, and the salesman told me I’m required to pay them 24 hours prior to picking up the car, would I do it? Probably not.

Somehow by having an all-online set up we suspend our normal business rules and are completely comfortable doing things we’d otherwise never do. I understand it makes thing easier for Tesla, but paying for the product at time of sale is sort of a basic courtesy to customers.
This. Back in 2019 I had home delivery for a Model 3 and I didn't pay until delivery day.. Same deal this time around...I got a text just now to "prioritize your Model Y delivery by completing your final payment task as soon as possible" but I'm not going to until delivery day.

Same boat with the M3. I have a 2019 SR+ with 21K miles. Even though Tesla has increased by $4K since May ($27K to now $31K) it is still $8K less than KBB “Good” trade in value. Haven’t gotten a recent quote from the usual suspects (waiting until I get a VIN), but have received $38-$39K offers in the past. Not sure if it will be a bait and switch when it comes right down to handing over the money for it though. Being in CA no tax benefit of trading to Tesla so I’ll be going the Carvana, CarMax route. Timing could be a challenge but will be able to make it work.

You’d think Tesla would give more competitive offers and slap FSD on them and up the price $10K ;)
They are offering $30k for my 2020 SR+ with 25k miles. Agree on them being able to pay more since they have a free $10k bonus they add to everything now.

Reactions: kjyam99 and TatisJr
Update: I got a phone call from a very helpful customer advisor in Boise who confirmed my appointment time, said they will make sure the car is good to go and charged up so I can hit the road back home. She said they have sold several cars to folks from out of state, so they know how to handle the paperwork so the state tax charge is applied to the state you live in, along with giving you a packet of all the registration papers for your state of residence. As I said to my wife, I feel like Tesla is fully capable of giving you good customer service, but the challenge is getting someone to dedicate their time to helping you out, as they are just swamped with work. The two people I spoke to today were very helpful, so I think everything is set for my little Tesla pickup road trip adventure.
So excited you’re finally getting your car!! One way or another it all works out and it’s so worth it!

I assume its just banking preference. I too had Tesla switch me from US Bank to Chase. The DCU APR is actually 1.24% but that includes direct deposit with them. I was approved by DCU and was able to get Tesla to match the APR.t
To get the direct deposit discount, do you know if you can sign up for it, get the lower rate, have Tesla match it, then cancel direct deposit? That’s my plan but I’m not sure if that works.

Great news, friends, I’ve got a VIN!

I got an email about 2 hours ago, but I decided to do yard work today and stop checking every 5 minutes.

I’ll provide details after finishing my yard work.
Congrats! Great to see Red/White getting delivered. Hopefully more ready to be delivered soon.

WATERMELON has arrived. Picked it up yesterday in Richmond around 2 PM. As we arrived our license plate was on the car- a permanent one not a temporary one as I was expecting. The car was gorgeous! I will send pictures once I figure out how to get them from my iphone to some format I can attach them to a message for this forum. We looked over the car and it was absolutely perfect - nothing wrong with anything. We walked into the Tesla Center and talked to someone who was very helpful. He came out and walked us through some basic things and answered all my dumb questions. He helped set up two separate keys - Iphone for me and Key Fob for the other half. People were crawling all over the place buying cars and picking up cars. Two couples actually peeked at our car and then went inside and bought a red Model Y. Tesla guy said the most popular car right now was the M3 which was surprising. He said they were delivering 60 cars this weekend and staying very busy. A truck pulled up with 9 (I think) new cars.

The process for us was super simple, we paid in advance via Wire Transfer and that was acknowledged in the paper work. We had to both sign 6 things which I have no idea what they were but I am guessing they were legitimate. He asked if we had any questions and we had only one --- how to turn off the radio :). And then we drove off. I was amazed at how easy it was and how simple the process was for us.

I asked about the whole SA thing. He said that is evolving as everything Tesla and that it is going to morph into something else here in the near future. So if you don't like or don't have an SA not a big deal. I think Tesla wants everyone you talk to to have knowledge about your car and that you do not need to depend on one person. I know when I called Tesla they had my phone number on file so the person on the other end knew my name and car order before I even said a word.

How does the car drive...... OOOOOOLLLLAAAAALLLLLAAA. What a charmer. It is stiff which I will need to get used to but it is solid. You get a lot of car for the money. The rear view mirror is dark but everything is very visible. The ride is high which helps getting in and out and you see so clearly. The smell is fabulous :) The car can move, there are a lot of bells and chimes you can set up. It is addictive (so I can replace my addiction to checking my account with my new addiction of driving MY MY).

Yes it is worth the wait. I am happy we went through what we went through and that I got an opportunity to come on here and learn from all of you. I loved this whole process and will miss my routine of checking in, looking at my account and trying to be positive. I feel pretty lucky.

Congratulations on all the VINS Welcome to the Tesla Family!!
I’m so happy you and Watermelon are one now! I’ll miss your amusing updates but glad you’ll be able to turn your addiction to Watermelon. It looks great! And awesome to see so many other reds getting delivered.

Great news, friends, I’ve got a VIN!

I got an email about 2 hours ago, but I decided to do yard work today and stop checking every 5 minutes.

I’ll provide details after finishing my yard work.
Yay!! Happy for you my fellow red buddy 🚘
Hopefully mine not far long…

Had to update my profile picture with us in the Model Y instead of in the Model 3. We enjoyed our 3, very much so. The Y gives us so much more though in terms of space, practicality, and all-around fun. Spent a few hours on the road today getting to know the car and just enjoying it.

Thanks to all of you in this forum to getting us through the 3 month wait!

Attachments

• C7A8DB4A-4962-467D-B61C-A28733929803.jpeg
    C7A8DB4A-4962-467D-B61C-A28733929803.jpeg
    413.3 KB · Views: 70
WATERMELON has arrived. Picked it up yesterday in Richmond around 2 PM. As we arrived our license plate was on the car- a permanent one not a temporary one as I was expecting. The car was gorgeous! I will send pictures once I figure out how to get them from my iphone to some format I can attach them to a message for this forum. We looked over the car and it was absolutely perfect - nothing wrong with anything. We walked into the Tesla Center and talked to someone who was very helpful. He came out and walked us through some basic things and answered all my dumb questions. He helped set up two separate keys - Iphone for me and Key Fob for the other half. People were crawling all over the place buying cars and picking up cars. Two couples actually peeked at our car and then went inside and bought a red Model Y. Tesla guy said the most popular car right now was the M3 which was surprising. He said they were delivering 60 cars this weekend and staying very busy. A truck pulled up with 9 (I think) new cars.

The process for us was super simple, we paid in advance via Wire Transfer and that was acknowledged in the paper work. We had to both sign 6 things which I have no idea what they were but I am guessing they were legitimate. He asked if we had any questions and we had only one --- how to turn off the radio :). And then we drove off. I was amazed at how easy it was and how simple the process was for us.

I asked about the whole SA thing. He said that is evolving as everything Tesla and that it is going to morph into something else here in the near future. So if you don't like or don't have an SA not a big deal. I think Tesla wants everyone you talk to to have knowledge about your car and that you do not need to depend on one person. I know when I called Tesla they had my phone number on file so the person on the other end knew my name and car order before I even said a word.

How does the car drive...... OOOOOOLLLLAAAAALLLLLAAA. What a charmer. It is stiff which I will need to get used to but it is solid. You get a lot of car for the money. The rear view mirror is dark but everything is very visible. The ride is high which helps getting in and out and you see so clearly. The smell is fabulous :) The car can move, there are a lot of bells and chimes you can set up. It is addictive (so I can replace my addiction to checking my account with my new addiction of driving MY MY).

Yes it is worth the wait. I am happy we went through what we went through and that I got an opportunity to come on here and learn from all of you. I loved this whole process and will miss my routine of checking in, looking at my account and trying to be positive. I feel pretty lucky.

Congratulations on all the VINS Welcome to the Tesla Family!!
Congrats!! That watermelon looks tasty! 😋