Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, here's one for the books. Order 6/18/21. I'm on the east coast of FL. On August 17th EDD was 10/21-11/18. By 8/30 they had moved the timeline up to 10/7-10/27 and a week later on 9/7 the MYLR was to be delivered between 9/22-9/30. Moving right along with a basic white with black int, 5 seat, 19 wheels, no frills.
Set back one occurred a week later on 9/12 when EDD slipped back to 10/7-10/27 and a week later showed no change. By 9/23 hope was rising with a 10/1-10/20 EDD. By Oct 2 I was one day into my EDD window so I checked and was floored to find the EDD slipped by more than a month to 11/10-11/30 :( . Imagine my surprise this morning (11/3) at 9am (I'm retired so it woke me up; my alarm has NO settings prior to 9am)! ;) when I receive a text from Tesla saying final payment is ready for review. Through blurry eyes I confirmed the text had been sent this morning and was not an errant text from a previous car. Check my account and I have a VIN (yes, it is still a 2021 from Fremont) and a delivery date from 10/14-10/20.
Don't know if any of that helps anyone because sometimes there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what is happening. I know it's frustrating waiting for your first Tesla (I only had to wait 5 weeks for my first; the second was from the Tesla lot). But I don't think the wait for this is necessarily easier. It's still frustrating despite still driving one of the best and most carefree cars we have owned. So, I feel for all of you waiting and wondering. The only thing I can say is: it's worth the wait!
Congratulations @Ciaopec! What a wild EDD ride... your EDD didn't contract below the 20 day range at all, which many say is the pattern to be aware of indicating an incoming VIN. I am still VIN-less, but the Homelink and extra key fob got delivered today (along with the winter wheels/tires and a bunch of accessories yesterday)! Keep us posted how delivery goes.

Reactions: Ciaopec
My dates just slipped to the right by a few days, now Oct 17 - Nov 4. I'm guessing they're finetuning the post EOQ rush and I'll probably get a VIN pretty soon. Which I've pretty much decided I'm going to put on hold until I complete my move back home to North Carolina. I current only have a one-car garage and three cars. one of which is a plug-in hybrid, so it needs to be plugged in pretty much every day, which means it'll live in the garage. I don't really want the Tesla to live outside and it'll be a pain trying to swap the two plug-ins back and forth all the time.

I'm also going to pay off my current VA loan first so that I can free it up so I can buy the next house before I sell this one and be able to move straight into it. So I need to scrape together as many pennies as I can so I don't have to incur too much capital gains tax when I pull money out of the market to pay off the current loan.

So I'll just put it on hold and wait a few months. Right now the back of the line is April; I should be close to situated by then. And maybe I'll bumble into a tax credit and a better car by then, too.

Good for you, my friend almost became a victim walking in the wrong neighborhood while at work. Media doesn't like to report news about that part of our society. Anyways let's not turn this wonderful forum in a political discussion.
Lol, making a political comment while saying not to turn it into a political discussion is a great microchasm of certain folks mindsets these days… also your grasp of the definition of “supremacist” seems tenuous at best. Good luck with your car!

This is a bummer but I’m guess DCU will get more business, so good for them. I’m just crossing my fingers interest rates stay low into early 2022, sub 2% loans are just crazy and I’d love to pay a little more in interest if it means the economy continues improving.
Yep, agree on both. It’s actually hard to justify paying cash when rates are that low. DCU seems like more work than just going through Tesla, but worth it for the lower rate — assuming they stick around for another month or two (or however long I wait!).

Reactions: BTVev
My EDD has been November 6 through November 26 for a month now, it finally has moved, sometime during the night while I was sleeping, to Oct 22nd to Nov 11th. Woo! My original order is July 24th and profile completion July 25th. MYLR 7 seater, midnight silver, induction wheels, black interior, and no FSD.
I’m still stuck at Nov 4 - Nov 24

Hey everyone, wanted to give a quick update:

I had an initial service appointment to fix my rundown of issues on 9/24. The only thing she fixed was the hole in the fabric covering the mirror.

I was told I'd get a call back from the service manager but have received nothing, despite calls, texts, and app-based requests. I am currently writing a final notice to Tesla to take action as is required by the NJ Lemon law.

My 3 remaining issues are:
1. Shaking feeling/shaking noise when driving, sounds like broken or defective strut
2. Defective driver side mirror
3. Rust underneath interior seat frames

Fair notice to everyone: the customer service issues do not go away.

I had an initial service appointment to fix my rundown of issues on 9/24. The only thing she fixed was the hole in the fabric covering the mirror.

I was told I'd get a call back from the service manager but have received nothing, despite calls, texts, and app-based requests. I am currently writing a final notice to Tesla to take action as is required by the NJ Lemon law.

1. Shaking feeling/shaking noise when driving, sounds like broken or defective strut

This is what I am afraid of, but sure this happens with other manufacturers as well. What service center are you dealing with in NJ?

Ugh, sounds like a PitA, sorry you have to deal with that. Unfortunately, this type of lax customer service is everywhere - we bought a XC90 a few years ago that would shut itself down and lock you in due to a malfunctioning proximity sensor. Literally locked my 2 year old kid in at one point, even the emergency key didn't work. Had to smash a window to get him out. Happened 3 distinct times and Volvo hemmed and haw'd for weeks until I threatened legal action with corporate. They finally agreed to swap out the car (3+ months long process), and then it turned out the new model had a faulty something-or-other from the factory that was causing these issues. The stealership didn't know about it and didn't want care to investigate or listen. I hope you get your issues resolved in speedy fashion @te$laWhy.