Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, kind of sad; I just put my order on hold. It was easy, I just called the number listed for Tyson's Corner but apparently it's a generic national number. I got an answer right away. All he asked was how long I wanted to put it on hold, I said about three months while I finish my move, and he said fine. Twenty seconds of clicking and it was done. Just to be sure I confirmed with him that it would stay on hold until I called and he said 'yes'. So somebody somewhere waiting for white on white just moved up a notch. I wanted to do it before I got a VIN and make it easier for everybody.

The price increases aren't surprising I guess. Supply is hard to come by and demand is through the roof. Econ 101 says they should raise prices to hit equilibrium. The good news is that Tesla is so agile, they can drop prices in an instant if they want to - if, say, sourcing parts gets easier/cheaper in the future, production capacity goes up from new factories, or demand goes down.
From an investing POV I'm taking it as sort of bad news; it just indicates to me that they're continuing to struggle with the 4680, and pretty much everything depends on them getting the 4680 up to scale. IMO a lot of the bull case depends on them getting that battery into mass production, with all the capacity and range increases and cost decreases that entails. It's the step increase Tesla needs to continue to produce cars an order of magnitude more valuable than the competition. So they keep raising pricing to tamp down demand while they try to figure it out.

Same here. Not the exact same config (and thus price) but the package I have coming to me at the price it is is far, far gone. ($7k FSD for example.)
I love how you keep rubbing your $7k FSD in all our faces! Ha! That is a very tempting price point.

I'm sort of in the same boat. My $51,490 base price is now looking more and more like a steal.

I love how you keep rubbing your $7k FSD in all our faces! Ha! That is a very tempting price point.

I'm sort of in the same boat. My $51,490 base price is now looking more and more like a steal.
Hey man, I'm a second-time purchaser of FSD and the first vehicle will be traded back to Tesla before I ever got a taste of it. So I earned it ;)

Now if Tesla would please delivery within my Y's lifetime that would be great.

From an investing POV I'm taking it as sort of bad news; it just indicates to me that they're continuing to struggle with the 4680, and pretty much everything depends on them getting the 4680 up to scale. IMO a lot of the bull case depends on them getting that battery into mass production, with all the capacity and range increases and cost decreases that entails. It's the step increase Tesla needs to continue to produce cars an order of magnitude more valuable than the competition. So they keep raising pricing to tamp down demand while they try to figure it out.
Glad you got the hold placed easily! My second Model Y order supposedly wasn't holdable...but looks like in typical Tesla customer service fashion, you never know what you're gonna get, and sounds like you got ahold of someone super helpful.

You're not kidding about 4680 being the linchpin to EVERYTHING. Semi, Roadster, Cybertruck, Model S Plaid Plus (maybe), Model X Plaid Plus (maybe), and the yet to be released Van (or whatever it'll be). We're now years behind schedule for Semi and Roadster, and while I get that Roadster is pretty much useless besides being awesome (and a marketing exercise), Semi on the other hand will be the most important vehicle for Tesla's goal of advancing world's transition sustainable transportation. These are trucks that will get driven million+ miles, replacing some of the dirtiest vehicles on the road, while giving Tesla performance/longevity data from seriously heavy users. So yes, I can't wait for Semi to be EVERYWHERE on our roads/highways.

Anyone know, if you can’t make it to pick up, how long would you normally wait for a second date and car?
This happened to me as well. If you've actually received a VIN and cant make delivery, they will reassign your VIN to someone else and begin to match you with another. It typically takes 2-3 weeks. I couldn't make delivery on 9/24, put on hold until 10/1, have EDD of 10/7-10/20 now

Reactions: PatrickTM