Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations.
Off topic, I see the insulation on your garage door. What do you have and how do you like it?
Thank you!
Well, I had mentioned about it before in a different context, let me put that here:

I am still in planning stage and already done with 2 rounds to HomeDepot. I have decided not to start without VIN. My installation is going to be little complex as I want to fix it on the opposite wall, which is alright, just running conduits, but major issue; we had chosen to include garage for the exterior walls spray foam insulation at the time of construction (Here in Texas! we had wood working interest, we thought winter shouldn't stop us. The garage is so hot most part of the year, even early hours, heat never gets out and then there two ICE engines radiating heat when they are back in the evening, we had no idea). Anyway, now I have to cut open the dry wall on top of breaker box for running new line, can't see bunch of cables on the back, because there is spray foam. I have Installed/replaced electric box inside home on interior walls, that's the only electrical experience I got.

I am still deciding on the wall connector, I will mostly give up and let a professional handle it.

Congratulations.
Off topic, I see the insulation on your garage door. What do you have and how do you like it?
curious myself - i actually have small gaps around my garage frame which i am looking to cover up - can't figure out the right product for it .. probably explains why my garage gets colder than usual in winters. Although in this case are your referring to the foam boards he has on his garage door or at least that what i think it is?

curious myself - i actually have small gaps around my garage frame which i am looking to cover up - can't figure out the right product for it .. probably explains why my garage gets colder than usual in winters. Although in this case are your referring to the foam boards he has on his garage door or at least that what i think it is?
Yes, doors are normal, no padding or foam. Only the walls are spray foamed, usually garages are not covered for insulation, which was an option in our case for god knows why, it does not help much in the winter unless door frames are sealed tight, even if we do it, the summers get unbearably hot, makes it pretty useless unless we run A/C duct, which would be more expensive.

Yes, doors are normal, no padding or foam. Only the walls are spray foamed, usually garages are not covered for insulation, which was an option in our case for god knows why, it does not help much in the winter unless door frames are sealed tight, even if we do it, the summers get unbearably hot, makes it pretty useless unless we run A/C duct, which would be more expensive.
I see what you mean .. thanks for the revert.

Most houses in Philly have neither a garage nor a driveway. So parking is always a challenge. I'm lucky to have both but they both only hold one car, meaning you can't have one in the garage and one in the driveway, unless you feel like playing musical cars. And even if you do insist on your car in the garage, it's a tight squeeze:

I actually have video evidence but must apologize that of all the videos I made, this one actually does have a short ad. Boo
(Edit: the thumbnail shows the garage size so you don't even have to watch, lol)

My wife isn't happy after hearing AP can't do it, we will need FSD. We locked FSD at $7k for CT which we doubt even fits our driveway( it has to be built first I know ...). I wonder why don't they split FSD so we can buy just the auto park feature, $1k extra maybe, everybody wins, adds to their revenue, just some part of software if they could enable.

Nice! That's awesome. Vegas would be a great place for solar, obviously due to how much sunshine you guys get. I'd love to solarize at some point too, MA is a state with super high electric prices ($0.26 per kWh, and they import electricity), but not sure if we'll stay long enough to make it worth it.

The forthcoming Model Y will primarily be her daily driver, our weekend car. I'll sacrifice myself (specifically sacrificing my butt due to uncomfortable seat) and take the Prius as my daily driver.
Head out west! We got all the sunshine...just no rain.

I applaud your sacrifice. I don't think I'd want to take a Prius if my options were that or a Model Y. Even from my short test drive, the fun factor is just way too high.

Most houses in Philly have neither a garage nor a driveway. So parking is always a challenge. I'm lucky to have both but they both only hold one car, meaning you can't have one in the garage and one in the driveway, unless you feel like playing musical cars. And even if you do insist on your car in the garage, it's a tight squeeze:

I actually have video evidence but must apologize that of all the videos I made, this one actually does have a short ad. Boo
(Edit: the thumbnail shows the garage size so you don't even have to watch, lol)

That is seriously impressive. I would hate to play musical chairs as I always have a changing work schedule which means I come and go at all hours depending on the day/week/month.

Do people use street parking out there for their Teslas?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Heh, no. If I'm being honest, I was always a little bitter we got no swag when we picked up our Model S in 2014. Not only was it still a new company with relatively low sales, and not only did most others seem to get swag (mugs, a shirt, scarves wrapped around the headrest) but it was December! As in the holidays. Not even a red bow

Sorry, can't help but be reminded of this :)

Congrats
I think this is the largest vin I’ve seen
C1647064-56B8-4525-8EA1-542FCD457A5E.jpeg