Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This, along with their VIN batching, is why I suspect we're seeing a wider range of VINs than usual. I'd bet the VIN is assigned at the start of production but the manufacture date waits until all parts are installed.
THIS!!!! I believe this is exactly the case which will explain why you see a 293 Vin with a 10/10 build date and a 278 vin with a 10/11 build date. They are cranking the cars out and storing them and when they have the parts and complete it, that's the build date but the VIN was assigned at initial assembly. I don't know if tesla stamps VINs on chassis like other cars do. If they do, they would have to assign a VIN at the early stage of build but can't complete the build till later.

Only the Performance vehicles come with summer tires. LR comes with all seasons, which should be okay if the roads are dry. I would definitely get true winter tires though if you potentially could face snow or ice.
Yup. No rookie to snow here. I commute 20 miles to Vail throughout the winter and have experienced some... less than pleasurable drives with 4x4 and snow tires. Used to live in Maine as well. All-terrain tires are no match for Blizzak's or the equivalent.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Yup, 18” wheels will fit Model Y, but you would have to get new tires. Using Model 3 18” tires on a Model Y would result in overall tire diameter to be too small. So essentially you’d change your car’s gearing, causing your speedometer would be way off.
I read somewhere that there are settings for tire size, so it can correct the speedometer

Congrats on taking delivery! Always good to know Tesla is quick to fix any quality issues with new deliveries. I have the Tesla Shields on order too. I definitely prefer those over the standard carpet mats since the Shields are all weather & a perfect mold, and they’re a super clean look. Also got mud flaps & an under seat storage from them. Their customer service is A1 too, so I definitely don’t mind spending my money with them
Thanks! Yeah, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Tesla ones, but I may still keep the Tesla Shields ones when they arrive. I've only seen them in photos, but they look so sleek.

Delivery scheduled for 10/23....

Right now waiting for DCU to respond on my loan application. I thought some people got the loan approved from DCU in a few minutes with an online application, but I have not heard from them after filling the application. I tried to call but it was a 3 hours waiting on phone o_O I will visit them tomorrow if I dont get a response by EOD.

Reactions: Arkbird
Delivery scheduled for 10/23....

Right now waiting for DCU to respond on my loan application. I thought some people got the loan approved from DCU in a few minutes with an online application, but I have not heard from them after filling the application. I tried to call but it was a 3 hours waiting on phone o_O I will visit them tomorrow if I dont get a response by EOD.
I got a response via email the next day in my spam folder

I read somewhere that there are settings for tire size, so it can correct the speedometer
Interesting. That would be a neat feature! Because running smaller diameter tires would increase acceleration at the expense of top speed and high speed energy consumption. That’s an old trick from my younger days when we modded Subarus and other Japanese cars, which was just to use smaller wheels/tires.

It’s the poor man’s (or woman’s) acceleration boost.

Yup, 18” wheels will fit Model Y, but you would have to get new tires. Using Model 3 18” tires on a Model Y would result in overall tire diameter to be too small. So essentially you’d change your car’s gearing, causing your speedometer would be way off.
I ran some 18" Bilzzaks on my LRMY last winter that made the speedometer 3% off. Not a big deal.

Last edited:
1634310766596.png

This is today's silent update, the more we delay ordering, the more expensive it becomes.
Premium Connectivity Trial

As expected…..first day in EDD window (10/15 - 11/4)…just updated to 10/27 - 11/4…..based on others on here who said a narrowing window is better, and text message earlier this week from SA ( should see vin around 10/24, and they should see car at their location around 11/1), things seem to be progressing nicely….
I'm hoping this is what happens to me as well - my EDD window opens next Tuesday with no VIN in sight.

Reactions: TatisJr