Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But they also want to avoid a potential customer coming to the configurator, seeing July, and going somewhere else. So the default config is now white/white/induction. So that the customer coming in still sees April. That's a lot of effort spent in getting a customer to spend a tiny bit more. :)
I did see that and immediately thought the price jumped again. Then questioned if that was a previous config I had played with, as I’ve noticed sometimes it hold on to quirky things like that. How interesting!

Reactions: leaftoy
I’m pretty heartbroken right now - my EDD pushed from a 20-day window starting next week and is now a 28-day window pushed out about two weeks. I’m this 🤏🏽 close to canceling my order and grabbing a Polestar 2.
Just a little more.....You have made it this far, you are in the endgame!! 🙏

"If you don't pay at least $1k over base price, you will get the car 3 months later"?
Yeah kind of hard to believe they would push out orders just because they are lowest priced. Makes me wonder if they just landed some big deal with a taxi company or police departments that ordered a boatload of base Ys.

Not sure if someone’s already mentioned this, for those of us in TX it looks like Tesla is now offering insurance here. The premium and coverage was crap compared to Progressive though.
The premium is totally dependent on driving score, and could go up or down every month. Initially it assumes a score of 90 to start. On Electrek a chart was posted for score vs premium for that month. As with anything Tesla, I expect premiums and scoring algorithms to be regularly tweaked and edited.

Reactions: aditgarg
I’m pretty heartbroken right now - my EDD pushed from a 20-day window starting next week and is now a 28-day window pushed out about two weeks. I’m this 🤏🏽 close to canceling my order and grabbing a Polestar 2.
I looked at the Polestar 2 and it just didn’t have enough interior room. Hard to understand why it has a hump in the backseat floor with no transmission or exhaust system.

Reactions: dwh13
The premium is totally dependent on driving score, and could go up or down every month. Initially it assumes a score of 90 to start. On Electrek a chart was posted for score vs premium for that month. As with anything Tesla, I expect premiums and scoring algorithms to be regularly tweaked and edited.
Yup, even with a 90 the premium was too high. Worth keeping an eye on though when renewals come around.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Well I did a thing yesterday. I had been regretting not ordering the inductions with my LR so I signed up for the Tesla inventory discord. Yesterday one came up with my preferred config with the inductions in Texas, so I snagged it. $1000 delivery fee, but oh well. I get the config I want and it should be coming next week! I’m not cancelling my original order till the car is in my garage though 😂

If anyone is really wanting their car now, I highly recommend joining the Tesla inventory discord. At least a few come up every day and if you set notifications on your phone you can grab the one you want quickly (they don’t last more than a few minutes if that).

OD 8/31. EDD changed today from Dec 17 - Jan 2, to Jan 8 to Feb 5

I have lost my EDD in the past and moved around different dec - jan ranges, so this is the first really big set back. Hoping I take delivery in 4th quarter but I was really thinking honestly that it was going to updated to a Nov - Dec range prior to this set back.

MYLR 7, white/black, induction. No tow, no FSD

Posted this in the MYP thread too, but just had my EDD pushed back 2+ months to Jan 6 - Feb 3. Ugh.
Also a x-post but as an update, my EDD updated yet again to 10/28 - 11/11 this morning.
This is the 9th EDD change in 76 days so taking it all with a grain of salt, but it is interesting how volatile their manufacturing chain is right now, if the customer facing algo can swing 2+ months in both directions within 24 hours.