Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm I thought way back when I was deciding between 3 and Y and sat in both of them, the 3 always looked like that and wasn't necessarily something "new". In other words, the white trim on 3 and Y have always been different
I believe the trim (first introduced in the China models) was folded in to the 3 design around May or so this year. Made in China Y’s have already been updated to the new design for a while as well. My 2019 M3 dash/trim is identical to the Y I just took deliver of.

I believe the trim (first introduced in the China models) was folded in to the 3 design around May or so this year. Made in China Y’s have already been updated to the new design for a while as well. My 2019 M3 dash/trim is identical to the Y I just took deliver of.
Ahh, I see. Yea I began hunting around May/June so that's prob why I only remember the new design. I do remember liking the 3 better than the current Y though, we'll see what they give us for the new "2022" Vins! (probably no changes)

According to my SA today when I picked up a 2021 model Y, he said the 2022 as of now has no physical differences except for model year but guess we’ll see in a few weeks
This makes sense too because there are no changes to the MY pics on the site. I've been watching the interior and headlamps on the MYLR hoping to see the updates. Looks like it's not gonna happen for me.

Wow… first time I’m seeing my exact spec in inventory for myself. If I snag an inventory at this point tho I’d be both missing out on a 2022 VIN and paying an extra $4k for it… I’m good! Lol
When I got that jump to February, I was tempted for half a second, but then thought...there is no way I am paying $3K more, with 11 months less of premium connectivity and loss of potential 2022 VIN because they are making me wait a bit longer.

Literally no one has reached out to me during the entirety of this process, and I stopped by the dealership where I'm taking delivery last thursday or so and they said they couldn't tell me anything. The guy was polite and chatty but I don't think he even looked up my order. I went on the web chat yesterday and tried to see if they had any additional information, and they said I'd need to wait until someone from the delivery team reached out. So I can't help but think there might be some snag somewhere along the way, because I was really expecting someone to be able to tell me something getting this close to a delivery. Maybe my expectations are just too high :D
This is interesting. I went to SC on Sunday and they were able to see where my car was on the travel. The SAs have access to that info - I saw their screen as well. The person (not my SA) actually scheduled my delivery time as I had issues to select a time.

Maybe try a different SC. Good Luck.

This is interesting. I went to SC on Sunday and they were able to see where my car was on the travel. The SAs have access to that info - I saw their screen as well. The person (not my SA) actually scheduled my delivery time as I had issues to select a time.

Maybe try a different SC. Good Luck.
I live 10 minutes from the Nashville SC, but the closest one besides that one is probably Knoxville which is maybe 3 hours away. Calling any of the local numbers seems to always punt to the national call center anyway, so I guess I'll just do my best impression of a person with patience...

I live 10 minutes from the Nashville SC, but the closest one besides that one is probably Knoxville which is maybe 3 hours away. Calling any of the local numbers seems to always punt to the national call center anyway, so I guess I'll just do my best impression of a person with patience...
I think that is the one thing with living close to a SC if you happen to have poor customer service, you are stuck. And, I am sure it comes as no surprise to you @boingolover, I have gotten no reply.

When I got that jump to February, I was tempted for half a second, but then thought...there is no way I am paying $3K more, with 11 months less of premium connectivity and loss of potential 2022 VIN because they are making me wait a bit longer.
There was a MSM this morning, and I was so tempted to buy it, but then told myself, it is 3 isk K more, and 11 months less on premium.

Our August orders are 1 year premium connectivity right?

The order agreement doesn't mention it, as far as I can tell, and I didn't screenshot the order screen.
My only fighting chance would be is that my brother ordered his M3 on the same day as me, and if he has the one year, I will have a word with the SA about it then, if mine shuts off after 30 days.

We know when the switch happened but unless you have documents showing you get one year of connectivity, it could be based on delivery date and not order date.
1635879789402.png

Then there’s no worry as long as Tesla considers ordered by to be your reservation date and not the date you pay for the car.
I went and looked through my account and there is no mention of the 1 year in my MVPA or any other official docs, or in my account page, but several people have taken delivery after October 15 and have had the 1 year trial, I have no reason to suspect we'll be any different. Hopefully I'll know for sure this weekend :)