Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For everyone getting 7SA 2022 VINs (10th digit is N), when are your EDDs? Recent reports have suggested that Tesla will not deliver any 2022 VINs until 2022 and won't put them on cars until they come off the assembly line in 2022. Curious if they are starting to assign VINs to customers much earlier in the process instead of waiting for cars to be built then matching VINs.
My scheduled delivery is 11/19 and I have a 2022 VIN.

Attachments

• 5EDC4B53-DE56-45C4-8F09-947736E3EC3B.jpeg
    5EDC4B53-DE56-45C4-8F09-947736E3EC3B.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 243
For everyone getting 7SA 2022 VINs (10th digit is N), when are your EDDs? Recent reports have suggested that Tesla will not deliver any 2022 VINs until 2022 and won't put them on cars until they come off the assembly line in 2022. Curious if they are starting to assign VINs to customers much earlier in the process instead of waiting for cars to be built then matching VINs.
The average VIN to Delivery is only 12 days according to the Teslike Survey Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker

My EDD hasn't moved either. I'm not too worried about it because the one SA I did talk to (after a cold call) must have seen something because he said my car is expected to reach my delivery center on a date that is the start of my current EDD range. So I'm guessing it holds. When I started taking my order off hold estimates were October but the few days later when I finalized, new orders were estimating November.
Mine ended up being 103 days from order date to vin

I just got email #2 (no email #1). Not sure who to talk if I want to hold it for January. No one has ever reached out to me yet.
I'm 3 days from delivery and I still have not yet had one conversation initiated by anyone from Tesla. You'll probably have to be proactive about this. I generally had great luck with the online chat.

I'm 3 days from delivery and I still have not yet had one conversation initiated by anyone from Tesla. You'll probably have to be proactive about this. I generally had great luck with the online chat.
I was on travel all week, just got back today and had a missed call, an email, and received the next call from them to talk about my delivery Monday, and then to ask if I wanted to pick it up earlier because my car is already there. Trying to get all my ducks in a row to head there tomorrow!

I was on travel all week, just got back today and had a missed call, an email, and received the next call from them to talk about my delivery Monday, and then to ask if I wanted to pick it up earlier because my car is already there. Trying to get all my ducks in a row to head there tomorrow!
That's awesome! I hope I get a similar call! VINs on the same day and yours went further.

I installed the front bumper ppf today on my wife’s MY and yikes, it was a lot of work. I did it solo but will recommend having someone at least while you get the film off and have it set. Biggest issue was aligning the corners and sensor holes. It was easy to do one side but then I tried to do the other side and it would reach. I realized it needs a little pulling so I did it a quarter length at a time. It’s a pain to steer but again as a one man show. Next time (I have another set for my MY), I’ll make sure my wife is available to help.
Now I get why it costs a lot for ppf. It’s not the material, it’s the labor. I’m sore. Lol but I enjoyed it though. I’ve tinted car windows in the past so I have an idea of the process
Long time lurker, first time posting. I'm considering doing my own full front PPF. If it was a brand new car, did you clay bar it prior to installing or was it fine with just a simple wash? Thanks!

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker