Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, just to add since Tesla service tends to get knocked here now and then, and probably rightly so, but I took my test drive at a service center and the the experience couldn’t have been any better. I have been in many dealerships for test drives over the years and this was by far the best experience I have ever had. All the employees were great, especially the guy that walked through everything with us. Was well worth my time even thought this service center is 1.5 hours from my house.

So something else to keep in mind, the Gemini's look much better with the aero cap removed. I still think the Inductions look better personally, but if I had known how nice the Geminis look sans cap the practicality of the 19" might have won out over the aesthetics. But I would agree with @Prax , you would definitely come out ahead buying aftermarket or used Inductions rather than facing a price reset and / or losing your place in line. There are a lot of nice aftermarket options out there.

This is what the Gemini looks like without the cap:

tesla-gemini-wheel-cap-kit.jpg
I agree. They don’t look bad in person. The inductions just look so great. I honestly would be fine with just the geminis so not to worried, especially knowing I have options (aftermarket wheels/covers, etc)

I probably didn’t word it correctly. Before today’s price chang the base price had increased $3,000 since I ordered. After today the base price is now $4,000 more but the MSM color dropped by $1,000. So it sounds like if I switch to inductions I would have to pay $2,000 for inductions and another $3,000 for the price increase. Not worth $5,000. Will either get aftermarket wheels or aftermarket wheel covers.
Oh, true. I omitted the previous price hikes. Definitely look elsewhere then.

I agree. They don’t look bad in person. The inductions just look so great. I honestly would be fine with just the geminis so not to worried, especially knowing I have options (aftermarket wheels/covers, etc)
Another option is to Plastidip the aero covers and/or Gemini wheels themselves. Ultimately, I went with the inductions rather than the DIY option, but I also ordered when the base price was 5k(!) less. Here's a thread with some pictures as an example. Black Model Y with Black Plasti Dip Gemini Wheels

I'm guessing in NY you'll want a set of snows anyway, right?
Possibly, and if so then I could get the inductions as my second set. However, I was hoping to not have to deal with 2 sets of tires/wheels anymore and just get a good set of all seasons with good winter ratings. Even though I have usually had a set of winter wheels, most people around here get by fine with all seasons.

The Costco has the cheapest gas around, and the longest lines around. I'm too cheap to fill up elsewhere, but I can't wait to skip those lines - at least some of the time.
Which Costco do you go to? I was at the Charlotte one today, hoping this is one of my last 3 fill ups…

Which Costco do you go to? I was at the Charlotte one today, hoping this is one of my last 3 fill ups…
Brentwood, I live maybe 10 minutes away from that one. The times I've been to the one on Charlotte it seems so much less crowded, though maybe it's just the times I've went. There are random days when the Brentwood Costco isn't crowded, but most times it's slammed. The parking lot is a lot smaller / cramped than the one on Charlotte too, so the gas lines get more complicated to navigate.

Did anyone get VIN if your OD was around 7/26?

MYLR External White/Interior Black/5 Seats/Wheels 19 inch/No FSD.
I just wonder how long I need to wait. My EDD is November 13 - December 11
Ordered - 7/27
LR Y, Red paint, Black interior, 19 inch wheels, 5 seat, no tow, no FSD

Estimated Delivery Date was December to start
Then EDD was October 20 - November 09
Was January for a few days
Then Oct 24 - Nov 13 for a while
Nov 4 - Nov 24
Nov 4-24
Oct 23 - Nov 12
Nov 4 - Dec 2

No VIN yet.

Also, just to add since Tesla service tends to get knocked here now and then, and probably rightly so, but I took my test drive at a service center and the the experience couldn’t have been any better. I have been in many dealerships for test drives over the years and this was by far the best experience I have ever had. All the employees were great, especially the guy that walked through everything with us. Was well worth my time even thought this service center is 1.5 hours from my house.
Funny. I got an overnight test drive vehicle last night and they walked me through almost nothing. And that’s exactly how I wanted it. I even picked it up an hour earlier than scheduled. It was really nice to get the extended test drive and really try it out.

Long time lurker, first time posting. I'm considering doing my own full front PPF. If it was a brand new car, did you clay bar it prior to installing or was it fine with just a simple wash? Thanks!
I did it with just a simple wash but I washed and rinsed 3 times. It was good that I did it fairly soon after purchase. I didn’t have to buff out anything. After the washes, I ran my hands across the entire surface to make sure there weren’t any bumps not visible. I had a few air bubbles for a couple of days after but I went over them with the squeegee on the 3rd day and they cleared up. I had to pop a few but it looks better then I thought it would.

I'm guessing in NY you'll want a set of snows anyway, right?
All seasons and common sense winter driving works well. It’s always those in SUVs with AWD that they think they can defy the laws of physics.

I did those summer/snow tire swaps with my BMWs. Ordered a cheap set of wheels/snow tires from tirerack. Having a winter setup helps with the decrepit NYC roads.

What’s going on…. Is Tesla trying to price like Lucid?
Nope, just Elon making good on his claim that Tesla’s are appreciating assets. ;) The 3 also got a hike and I checked the KBB trade-in value for my former 2019 SR+ is now up to $42.3K. I made a $1400 profit when I sold it to CarMax for $41K. And now someone has it on hold to buy it for a whopping $47K. Just nuts and glad I got in when I did.

On the other hand, maybe he knows the tax credit is coming and wants all of us who took delivery this year to feel like we at least got $5K (for me) discount off a new one. Of course the base LR used to be $8K less that it is now, oddly the same amount for the new tax credit, coincidence??

You make a very good point. I misspoke in my earlier post saying I received my “VIN email”. It was in fact just an email saying “Your Model Y Final Payment is Ready”, which prompted me to check the app and my account, where the VIN was then displayed.
I have wondered this, when you first get your VIN, and you went to check your account page or the app, (I guess this may be for those with another Tesla) is the VIN right under the order number, or do you have to go "in" to that car to see the VIN?

Brentwood, I live maybe 10 minutes away from that one. The times I've been to the one on Charlotte it seems so much less crowded, though maybe it's just the times I've went. There are random days when the Brentwood Costco isn't crowded, but most times it's slammed. The parking lot is a lot smaller / cramped than the one on Charlotte too, so the gas lines get more complicated to navigate.
You are definitely right with the way the parking lot is setup at Brentwood. I am hopeful my last gas up has past me at that one. Most of the time when we go to Brentwood it is a family trip, and all of those are in my wife's Model 3.

Weird, mine was assigned a VIN today and I got an email to make the final payment. I didn't do it yet, but now when I login again the VIN is gone as well as the option to make payment.
Hope you aren't one who "received a VIN in error". They have been known to first giveth and then take away.