Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, figured I would drop an update here to keep the thread going with the most recent orders. Ordered my MYP (white with black interior) on November 2nd. First update to come through on delivery timing is estimating 12/29-12/31. Obviously I don't want to take delivery until 1/1 (new EV incentives going into effect) so I let the advisor I had chatted with know that and was told that once it lands at the location I have to pick it up within 72 hours of it being ready or they will cancel my order. Suggested I put the order on hold by marking me "ineligible" until 12/31 so the earliest a vehicle would land would be 12/31 but it could arrive 12/31 or March, he couldn't tell me which. I basically laughed at him, you can't make me pick up the vehicle, if I am out of town visiting family and the car arrives you're going to force me to reorder? Doesn't make any sense. A buddy of mine who owns a M3P was saying not to worry about it because the car won't come before the delivery estimate and will likely be at least a couple weeks later than the initial estimate because "it always is". Wondering if anyone has had an experience with this. First off in the delivery timing related to the initial estimate, secondly delaying delivery for a week because you are unavailable, etc. My worry is that with the infrastructure bill passing that everyone is going to want to delay until 1/1. If a bunch of people get marked ineligible in front of me in line and I get moved up is that going to be a problem?

I am assuming that since this got pushed through that the other bill will as well. They are just fighting back and forth about paid family leave.
I wouldn’t assume that. Several in both chambers are saying they want to see more detailed estimate of cost before they’ll vote. That’s a red flag that whatever estimate they get from the CBO they will say is too much and they will go cutting. A lot. GOP meanwhile has been hammering at the EV credits aimed at union shops as a way of attacking the EV credits generally. And foreign governments are making threats on trade over the built in USA stipulations for the add-on credits above and beyond the base $7,500...... and it feels like ALL the EV credits could become collateral damage because of association with these add-ons. Because there will be more cutting. If the bill passes at all. Manchin got what he wants with the infrastructure bill passing and now can look like a hero back home by blocking this bill entirely.
The thing is all we need here really is restoration of the credits for certain manufacturers. So, who knows. I’d say odds are 75 percent against credits surviving.

Picked up Black Panther yesterday! 15 minutes to look around the car and another 15 minutes for SA to go over a few items and pair phones and keys. Had 42 miles on it so it had a few break in trips, but it’s over 100 now. 😂 Took neighbors for ride this afternoon. Must have missed the update but now all the USB ports except the glovebox are the smaller USB-C…more Amazon packages arriving tomorrow.
Congrats, and thanks for the USB-C info. I haven't been following these things closely so I would have been annoyed to try to change over my set up for Sentry/Dash cam from my Model 3 only to find it not fit and be out for a few days while I ordered.
Oh wow! Mine still stuck on the same EDD..45 days and counting...
Soon!
I saw that in the news, and I promise I tried to read it, but I'm not into politics and it didn't make sense to me besides that it was passed and part of it would go towards electric networks amongst other items.
Heh, even if you're "into politics" the process of writing, negotiating, and passing a bill is super hard to make sense of. In my humble opinion.

I wouldn’t assume that. Several in both chambers are saying they want to see more detailed estimate of cost before they’ll vote. That’s a red flag that whatever estimate they get from the CBO they will say is too much and they will go cutting. A lot. GOP meanwhile has been hammering at the EV credits aimed at union shops as a way of attacking the EV credits generally. And foreign governments are making threats on trade over the built in USA stipulations for the add-on credits above and beyond the base $7,500...... and it feels like ALL the EV credits could become collateral damage because of association with these add-ons. Because there will be more cutting. If the bill passes at all. Manchin got what he wants with the infrastructure bill passing and now can look like a hero back home by blocking this bill entirely.
The thing is all we need here really is restoration of the credits for certain manufacturers. So, who knows. I’d say odds are 75 percent against credits surviving.
The assembled in USA is only $500, that won’t tip trade agreements as it’s a small percentage of the $7500 base rebate. It’s the $4500 union made that is threatening the trade agreements and the party politics. Leave it at $7500 as it already is for everyone except Tesla and GM and move on. Everyone is happy and there’s no shady back room politics involved.

Hey guys, figured I would drop an update here to keep the thread going with the most recent orders. Ordered my MYP (white with black interior) on November 2nd. First update to come through on delivery timing is estimating 12/29-12/31. Obviously I don't want to take delivery until 1/1 (new EV incentives going into effect) so I let the advisor I had chatted with know that and was told that once it lands at the location I have to pick it up within 72 hours of it being ready or they will cancel my order. Suggested I put the order on hold by marking me "ineligible" until 12/31 so the earliest a vehicle would land would be 12/31 but it could arrive 12/31 or March, he couldn't tell me which. I basically laughed at him, you can't make me pick up the vehicle, if I am out of town visiting family and the car arrives you're going to force me to reorder? Doesn't make any sense. A buddy of mine who owns a M3P was saying not to worry about it because the car won't come before the delivery estimate and will likely be at least a couple weeks later than the initial estimate because "it always is". Wondering if anyone has had an experience with this. First off in the delivery timing related to the initial estimate, secondly delaying delivery for a week because you are unavailable, etc. My worry is that with the infrastructure bill passing that everyone is going to want to delay until 1/1. If a bunch of people get marked ineligible in front of me in line and I get moved up is that going to be a problem?
Following…
I’m in a similar boat, but my edd is 11/29-12/27. After 106 days of waiting I’m actually hoping it will slip just a little bit.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Amigos just a few post delivery notes FWIW:
1- No mudflaps or PPF (backdoor) for me. So it is likely a random DC event
1b- Don’t go in expecting panel gaps or paint defects hahaha. I talked with few recent deliveries- NONE had any body issues to report. But again do your diligence as always but expect to see nothing. I think their QC is pretty good now. I see more gaps in other vehicles haha
1c- Check your home WiFi strength around the area where you are going to park the car. I park it outside so had to add an xfinity pod to increase coverage
2- Once you take delivery go on a 5-10M drive on a highway for cameras to calibrate well. I drove around on local poorly marked roads for 100M+ (also cloudy/rainy days). Camera wouldn’t fully calibrate so couldn’t activate the cruise control/autopilot etc. So don’t get upset if it happens to you. Just take it to the highway preferably on a bright sunny day and it calibrates in <5 miles!!
3- The autopilot feature is fabulous on highways but pretty scary on local roads!!!
4- If I could go back in time - I would cancel the FSD. Haven’t tried it much but doesn’t seem to be worth the $10K by any means.

Otherwise the car is amazing. I specially like that I now have the complete control in my app/phone irrespective of the location.

Has anyone who've taken delivery of a
So if I plan to pay my down payment with plaid / checking account, how far in advance do I need to add my bank details? Can I do it just before taking delivery? Can I wait until I'm 100% sure I want to take the car?
this may already be answered (still catching up on the new posts) but you can do as late as you want. We did it in the parking lot next to the MY when we picked up my wife’s. They want you to do it sooner but we wanted to inspect the car first. We didn’t use our bank credentials though. We chose the bank not found option and entered routing and account number. The money came out of the bank account immediately.

3- The autopilot feature is fabulous on highways but pretty scary on local roads!!!
4- If I could go back in time - I would cancel the FSD. Haven’t tried it much but doesn’t seem to be worth the $10K by any means.
Thanks for sharing!

As a reminder, you don't have FSD yet. If you're using enhanced autopilot, it's not meant for local roads so it being scary makes sense to me. Opt into SafetyScore/FSD Beta and if you earn a 99 or 100 after at least 100 miles, then you might be given FSD Beta for local roads. (It might still be scary, but will be way better than what you attempted now.)

Has anyone who've taken delivery of a

this may already be answered (still catching up on the new posts) but you can do as late as you want. We did it in the parking lot next to the MY when we picked up my wife’s. They want you to do it sooner but we wanted to inspect the car first. We didn’t use our bank credentials though. We chose the bank not found option and entered routing and account number. The money came out of the bank account immediately.
Yeah, I plan to do ACH in the parking lot as well. It took some clicking around but I found the sequence to get to the screen where you enter account and routing numbers. Thanks for verifying!

Congrats, and thanks for the USB-C info. I haven't been following these things closely so I would have been annoyed to try to change over my set up for Sentry/Dash cam from my Model 3 only to find it not fit and be out for a few days while I ordered.
To be specific, yes, all Model Y have USB-C charging ports, in addition to wireless charging pads. However, the Sentry/Dash port continues to USB-A, and is now relocated to the glove box. Furthermore, every car comes with a basic USB drive so you don’t need to bring your own USB drive initially. But it is a very basic cheap drive so you probably want to use your own.

If you purchased a new iPhone or iPad within the last year or two, they all comes with USB-C to Lightning cables now. Life with non-Apple devices is even easier, since they use USB-C to USB-C cables.