Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After waiting over 100 days, I finally picked up my MY. Is it bittersweet that the wait is over? No more anxiety filled multiple times a day profile refreshes. Do I have to leave this thread now?

The MY drives really smooth. It has that German car solidity on the freeway. It’s also not as noisy as what I expected, based on reviews. The 20” inductions are not as rough or firm as my XC90 with 21” wheels/tires. I had only test drove the MY once, back in May, for like 20mins. I guess every sensation is considered somewhat new to me.

Now another type of anxiety has manifested. I installed the mud flaps and the rear rocker ppf. But is that enough? I ordered the ppf for the headlights and fog lights. Now I want to ppf the full hood, bumper, and fenders. I told myself I wouldn’t. Installing the rear rocker ppf was simple. It’s always like this with every new car. The first few months are the worst.
I am happy you found the MYLR drive as being smooth. I am curious what car did you drive/own before you bough this MYLR.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
After waiting over 100 days, I finally picked up my MY. Is it bittersweet that the wait is over? No more anxiety filled multiple times a day profile refreshes. Do I have to leave this thread now?

The MY drives really smooth. It has that German car solidity on the freeway. It’s also not as noisy as what I expected, based on reviews. The 20” inductions are not as rough or firm as my XC90 with 21” wheels/tires. I had only test drove the MY once, back in May, for like 20mins. I guess every sensation is considered somewhat new to me.

Now another type of anxiety has manifested. I installed the mud flaps and the rear rocker ppf. But is that enough? I ordered the ppf for the headlights and fog lights. Now I want to ppf the full hood, bumper, and fenders. I told myself I wouldn’t. Installing the rear rocker ppf was simple. It’s always like this with every new car. The first few months are the worst.
We have so many similarities, lol. I currently drive a XC 90 with 21" wheels too. Ride on MY 20 is no where as firm. Did the first test drive for about 20 minutes in May too and you ordered 4 days before I ordered mine on 7/16. I did get a VIN and had a pickup range for this week but I've decided to put it on hold till late december. We already picked up a MY for my wife so not in a rush for mine and will wait to see what happens with EV credits. Oh and your profile pic involves elephant which is my favorite animal. lol

We installed mudflaps and rear rocker ppf on my wife's MY and you can see the splatter pattern that the rear rock does get hit a lot even with a mud flap so imagine without one. I also did front bumper PPF and now my wife wants me to do the mirror and head lights. I'm tempted to do the hood too once and for all but not decided. We're doing window and windshield tinting on thursday. Bumper PPF was a pain and it took me 5 hours but I think my mistake was I needed a heat gun to help stretch the film and I didn't have one. It's hard to do solo so I'll suggest you get help if possible.

Where did you get your headlight PPF from??

Funny thing happened this past week. My wife had been dropping the kids off at school but I had to drop them on Friday. My wife drives a MY and I have a Volvo XC 90 (turbo and super charged so a little loud). I get the boys in the car and I start driving. My 4 year old goes, "what's that noise?" and I'm like "what noise" as I'm stepping the gas. He says "that noise" and that's when I realize he's talking about the engine noise revving up.
Like really?? He got used to the quietness of the MY that my car was now a noise maker. He wasn't lying though, it hurts my ears starting up and revving up the car whenever I drive my wife's MY for a couple of days.

So one further question: How does one report a delivery defect using the app? I scheduled service within 24 hours and there are less than 100 miles on the clock, but I saw nothing specific in there to denote that it had the problem on delivery (rattly passenger seat). Also while scheduling the service it noticed a fault condition with the passenger side restraint system. Possibly related, not sure. Anyway, earliest appointment at the local SC was Friday the 19th... a little worrisome. From a cursory glance at the forums, sounds like it might be a loose wire.
I emailed my SA the day after delivery and he got me right in to the service center. Hopefully you have an awesome SA??

I did it under rattle / squeak and noted it was in the front passenger seat. They've already sent me an estimate of $0 for the repair, so I guess it should be fine either way.
That's really all it is. No special service for delivery but I believe when it comes in, since it's within 24hrs and under 100 miles, it's considered delivery issue. Not any different from a warranty issue so I really wonder what the difference is.

Just installed mud flaps. In hindsight, really wish I had ordered aftermarket for all four
I emailed my SA the day after delivery and he got me right in to the service center. Hopefully you have an awesome SA?
I don't have an SA. Well, technically I do, but he's never once reached out to me or responded to an email. I only discovered I had an SA after calling the hotline, and he sent me the guy's email address. Not that it did me any good. Literally the only communication I've had with Tesla has been initiated by me, outside of automated text messages, automated emails or the one automated phone call confirming my delivery appointment. The only email I've gotten a response from has been [email protected], but now that you mention it I might try them to see if they can expedite.

Most July orders are done and now August MYLR orders are starting. Some MYLR Red, MYLR 7 seats have been pushed around. Happy visit to IL or MN:)
Still waiting 🥲 OD:07/22 WHITE WITH BLACK INTERIOR MYLR7
Estimated Delivery: November 20 - December 04

I am without car since school started, my senior in high school takes my car. I drop my wife to work whenever I need a car. Feeling really handicapped.

I am happy you found the MYLR drive as being smooth. I am curious what car did you drive/own before you bough this MYLR.
I had a 2018 Volvo XC90 T6 with 21” wheels wrapped in 275/40 tires. It was a good car but some vibrations when driving over a certain speed on the freeway. Seemed like a common issue with many owners. Coming from a 2012 X5 to the XC90, the first thing I noticed was how firm and bumpy it was. It did handle really well for such a big car.

My previous BMWs and my wife’s 2021 CX-5 are all very solid and smooth on the freeway. I am very impressed by the Mazda though. I owned some Japanese cars before and they never felt stable/solid while driving in certain speeds. The reviews for the CX-5 are spot on.

Funny thing happened this past week. My wife had been dropping the kids off at school but I had to drop them on Friday. My wife drives a MY and I have a Volvo XC 90 (turbo and super charged so a little loud). I get the boys in the car and I start driving. My 4 year old goes, "what's that noise?" and I'm like "what noise" as I'm stepping the gas. He says "that noise" and that's when I realize he's talking about the engine noise revving up.
Like really?? He got used to the quietness of the MY that my car was now a noise maker. He wasn't lying though, it hurts my ears starting up and revving up the car whenever I drive my wife's MY for a couple of days.
That 4 in the Volvo just does not sound refined at all. It does accelerate the XC90 pretty quickly, unless you have to downshift, which sometimes takes longer then required. I wished they didn’t use the Aisin transmission.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
We have so many similarities, lol. I currently drive a XC 90 with 21" wheels too. Ride on MY 20 is no where as firm. Did the first test drive for about 20 minutes in May too and you ordered 4 days before I ordered mine on 7/16. I did get a VIN and had a pickup range for this week but I've decided to put it on hold till late december. We already picked up a MY for my wife so not in a rush for mine and will wait to see what happens with EV credits. Oh and your profile pic involves elephant which is my favorite animal. lol

We installed mudflaps and rear rocker ppf on my wife's MY and you can see the splatter pattern that the rear rock does get hit a lot even with a mud flap so imagine without one. I also did front bumper PPF and now my wife wants me to do the mirror and head lights. I'm tempted to do the hood too once and for all but not decided. We're doing window and windshield tinting on thursday. Bumper PPF was a pain and it took me 5 hours but I think my mistake was I needed a heat gun to help stretch the film and I didn't have one. It's hard to do solo so I'll suggest you get help if possible.

Where did you get your headlight PPF from??
My profile pic is from Rick and Morty. They had an episode with Elon Tusk, voiced by Elon Musk, and he owned a car company called Tuskla. Great show. “Keep summer safe”

So the front bumper is no where as easy as the rocker panels. I also have front plates, NY thing, that I have to remove. I didn’t realize it had to be stretched. Where did you buy from? I ordered the headlight ppf from tesbros.

Still waiting 🥲 OD:07/22 WHITE WITH BLACK INTERIOR MYLR7
Estimated Delivery: November 20 - December 04

I am without car since school started, my senior in high school takes my car. I drop my wife to work whenever I need a car. Feeling really handicapped.
The only issue is the 7 seater. That is the main reason. They tend to schedule L7 in a batch production. So these dates can move radically either way.

Hi. Still haven’t gotten my car 🙃
Yikes! You have a June order date, too. I like the looks of your 3-day EDD range that starts tomorrow. Hopefully you get it soon. My EDD doesn’t start until 11/21 (OD: July 23). My MY is blue like yours. Hoping to get a VIN soon. Inner peace.

Just installed mud flaps. In hindsight, really wish I had ordered aftermarket for all four

I don't have an SA. Well, technically I do, but he's never once reached out to me or responded to an email. I only discovered I had an SA after calling the hotline, and he sent me the guy's email address. Not that it did me any good. Literally the only communication I've had with Tesla has been initiated by me, outside of automated text messages, automated emails or the one automated phone call confirming my delivery appointment. The only email I've gotten a response from has been [email protected], but now that you mention it I might try them to see if they can expedite.
That totally sux! My SA is defintely a rockstar compared to most I hear of on here. Maybe this time he’ll be useful? 🤞
Other than that, I hope you’re enjoying your new ride!!!!!

That totally sux! My SA is defintely a rockstar compared to most I hear of on here. Maybe this time he’ll be useful? 🤞
Other than that, I hope you’re enjoying your new ride!!!!!
The catchall Nashville email address has been useful at least, and they already responded back saying they've already started virtual diagnosis - I guess more the fault code than the seat rattling - and they'd do their best to squeeze me in sooner.

That 4 in the Volvo just does not sound refined at all. It does accelerate the XC90 pretty quickly, unless you have to downshift, which sometimes takes longer then required. I wished they didn’t use the Aisin transmission.
I always have to put it in dynamic mode to get the boost. My kids used to get a kick when I do that and floor it but after experiencing the 0-60 in the MY, they stopped asking for it in the xc90.
Oh another similarity with us - we have the same year. Don’t tell me yours was amber pine color too.