Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla deliveries appear to have 2 speeds, glacial and warp speed….I went from a 28 day window to a 10 day window yesterday and after 191 days since my order (drumroll)…Today, I finally have my VIN with an EDD of Nov 30 - Dec 3. What a long, strange trip it’s been…
I'm so glad you finally got your VIN!

@mdchen3
As long as you take care of payments and such, and accept delivery, which is all online and via your cell, you should be good, and maybe have someone inspect the exterior of the car at least in your absence, to have that out of the way.

I literally could have driven away with my car, without dealing with anyone at the SC. They had paperwork in the car, but if I wouldn't have known, nothing was stopping me from driving away. Since my payments were clear and I was able to accept the vehicle online.

I would call Tesla and ask if that is the best option for you, unless they can hold your car for a week.
Wishing you all the best! 🤗

Just got "the" text. Delivery is scheduled for 11/24 at 1:00pm. I was given a choice of Wednesday, Thanksgiving, or Friday. Are they really doing deliveries Thursday? Fortunately we aren't traveling for the holidays.

Picking a time was tricky. Options were 12, 1, 2, 3, 4... We decided it would be unfair to get the car without our 3 year old. Mid day is better for traffic, but not for his nap (which at daycare is far from guaranteed anyway.) So we picked 1:00pm. Will send him to daycare, work in the morning, pick him up after his lunch and head down, hoping for a late snooze once we get home.
Congrats...

Thank you!

My brother's order hasn't been delivered in full either, which is for the M3. He received only one item out of the full set.

I do remember seeing one email so far from the owner I believe.
Not sure if you’ve seen this, but the 7 seat version of the mats actually look pretty great:

Did anyone get their loan check to Tesla 2 weeks before delivery and in that case did you just sit on it or went ahead to the delivery center and paid it in advance. I’m trying to decide because as far as I’m concerned I’m starting to incur finance charges and the loan is funded and I have my check. Thinking why not give it to Tesla so atleast they can put the money to use!!

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
So Tesla deliveries appear to have 2 speeds, glacial and warp speed….I went from a 28 day window to a 10 day window yesterday and after 191 days since my order (drumroll)…Today, I finally have my VIN with an EDD of Nov 30 - Dec 3. What a long, strange trip it’s been…
1637009968956.gif

The one benefit of not having the car, not worrying about accessory arrivals just yet.
In my time of waiting, I just went back to count everything I have bought for this not yet existent vehicle. Now not all of these things are actual accessories, ie. car wash items: microfiber towels, buckets, spray bottles, etc. But since ordering, I counted 53 separate purchases (and no, I am not counting individual microfiber towels)....
I think if I linked all of mine, it would take up a full page. Much to my wife's dismay. 😆
I guess I wasn't lying....

In my time of waiting, I just went back to count everything I have bought for this not yet existent vehicle. Now not all of these things are actual accessories, ie. car wash items: microfiber towels, buckets, spray bottles, etc. But since ordering, I counted 53 separate purchases (and no, I am not counting individual microfiber towels)....

I guess I wasn't lying....
Wowza! That's impressive...

I am scheduled for a Home Delivery this Friday, 11/19, even though I am trading in my 2020 M3 SR+.
The rep said "...Tesla wants to move toward more home deliveries..."
Strange, they want a photo of my odometer, even though Tesla has electronic access to everything in my car's history.
What is Tesla offering for it? As a data point CarMax offered me 41K for my 2019 SR+ whereas Tesla offered $31.7K. Might want to shop around, as used prices continue to climb and for whatever reason Tesla doesn’t offer competitive prices at least in my area. Good luck.

I am traveling for the holidays and it is likely going to impact my delivery :( I am really bummed.

Trying to work with the Tesla Service & Delivery team now to delay ~1 week (until 11/29) for when I am back. I'm not optimistic.

Question: what happens if/when you go back in the Queue? How long could I be waiting for another vehicle?

MYLR - Midnight Silver - 20" Induction - 7 seater - no tow - no FSD - OD 7/28/21, EDD 11/18-11/20 << when I am out of town :(

Update: they're canceling my VIN and putting my order back in the queue. Kind of unbelievable, and not a great customer experience.

I spoke with a rep, and asked him "was there anything I could have done differently? Informed you of my travel plans, etc.?" He said: "Nooo we're all kind of just at the mercy of the manufacturing." And while he assured me that my order would likely be fulfilled soon ("within a month") he couldn't give me any certainty.

Morale of the story: Don't go on vacation. 🤦

What is Tesla offering for it? As a data point CarMax offered me 41K for my 2019 SR+ whereas Tesla offered $31.7K. Might want to shop around, as used prices continue to climb and for whatever reason Tesla doesn’t offer competitive prices at least in my area. Good luck.
In Phoenix (home of Carvana) there was minimal difference between, Tesla, Carvana, Carmax or VROOM....and certainly not worth the hassle of trying to guess the true delivery date, and dealing with paying sales tax on the entire $57,000 for the new MYLR.

Trying to get insurance is becoming problematic. Apparently Progressive does not recognize my VIN. Tesla advised me my car was produced yesterday, and that the vin is accurate - progressive needs to update their system…

My insurance guy tells me I have up to 30 days after purchase to get the car added to my policy. I explain that Tesla requires proof of insurance with the vin, but he doesn’t agree…

I may simply have to photoshop something.

This is odd.