Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting my MYP Thursday at 10am. I had the quickest turn around time I've seen yet. Still kind of stunned as the original EDD was Jan-Feb.
OD: 11/9
DD: 11/18

I did financing through the Tesla website and was approved with BOA. Does Tesla and BOA work that out between themselves or am I supposed to be involved somehow? I am hoping I can just show up with the final payment (down payment and taxes).

Just wanted to jump back in here with a warning for new MY owners. It concerns opening the back hatch in a garage. Mine almost hit the garage door overhead when the garage door was open. The hatch opens much higher than any vehicle I have owned including my Honda Pilot. I had to grab on to the hatch to stop it.

I have done the process to limit the hatch opening in the owners manual but still intend on putting some kind of cushion on the garage door in case this resets.
I set the trunk opening limit to my midget height on pick up date, before I sat in.
I should check if it will be a concern. I usually park nose out, avoiding the garage opener entirely, but should watch it for those occasional days. The garage seems smaller now that both cars are here, or maybe I need to throw out everything..... 🤷‍♀️ 😂

I have delivery tomorrow and now I see plaid is saying dcu connection is down. I heard they can do ACH transfer. Does anyone know if that also use plaid? It will be hard for me to goto dcu before delivery.
Do the bank search of gibberish, select "not found", enter bank account details manually.

Getting my MYP Thursday at 10am. I had the quickest turn around time I've seen yet. Still kind of stunned as the original EDD was Jan-Feb.

I did financing through the Tesla website and was approved with BOA. Does Tesla and BOA work that out between themselves or am I supposed to be involved somehow? I am hoping I can just show up with the final payment (down payment and taxes).
They will work it all out. You should receive the info packet from BoA soon. I got mine through Wells Fargo.
Just prep the down payment, is all you need to take care of.

In that video above with the German test drive, he shows a way where you can have the hatch open less far. Will rewatch at some point and see how he did that. But apparently there is some way.
once it opens all the way up, bring to the desired height, manually, then press and hold the trunk close button for about 5 seconds, till you hear a beep. All done!

Funny enough.. they did check and see if someone else (Family or Friend) could take delivery for me, lol. Unfortunately that's not an option for me.

My SA proposed doing a whole notary/power of attorney route; the fact that Tesla would rather go through all that legal/paperwork hassle rather than hold on to this car for me for a week is bananas.
Awww I hope they come through with something for you. :)

I originally order a MYLR August 22, then deleted the tow hitch on 9/20. My EDD has changed from January to April and now to June since then. Considering switching to a MYP as they are showing January EDDs, if I felt confident about a January EDD I would do it right now, but I’m a little hesitant based on my current EDD changes
MYPs are delivered faster, than the MYLRs.

I picked up Tes today!!! (Creative right?! 🤣)
She is flawless cosmetically and has all USB ports! It even came with front AND rocker PPF, front mud flaps and rear bumper PPF (why- I don’t know 🤷‍♀️)
Interior is the exact same as my 2021 MYLR
I’m so happy right now!!!! 🎉🍾🥂
Congratulations!!

Glad to hear everything was perfect! Regards to front and rear bumper PPF, are you sure that's not paint spray lines? Tesla has been known to have pretty serious and noticeable spray lines. A good PPF job shouldn't even have lines, it should be neatly tucked.

Heard back from the SA that I talked to yesterday and Tesla will not accept my 2020 Bolt as a trade-in since it is under recall for the recent battery fires. I wasn't really surprised and have made financial arrangements so I can pay the full price of the car in cash.

On a related subject, has anyone used the Instant Cash Offer feature of the Kelly Blue Book site? Is the offer they give you a locked in number or just the starting point for negotiation with one of their participating dealers? Will also be checking Vroom, Carmax, and Carvanna as well, but would really appreciate feedback from anyone who has used KBB.
I can attest to Carvana being awesome! Selling my second car thru them this week and they have been fantastic to deal with! Along with their quote being thousands higher than anyone else. Picked up the car, no hassle (15 minute ordeal) and money deposited to my account the next day. Highly recommend them

Heard back from the SA that I talked to yesterday and Tesla will not accept my 2020 Bolt as a trade-in since it is under recall for the recent battery fires. I wasn't really surprised and have made financial arrangements so I can pay the full price of the car in cash.

On a related subject, has anyone used the Instant Cash Offer feature of the Kelly Blue Book site? Is the offer they give you a locked in number or just the starting point for negotiation with one of their participating dealers? Will also be checking Vroom, Carmax, and Carvanna as well, but would really appreciate feedback from anyone who has used KBB.

I used them a few weeks back. They gave me a quote that was higher than Vroom/Carmax/Carvana, but then all of their participating dealers gave me quotes that were lower than those three; none would match KBB's estimate. And they wouldn't stop calling to see if I changed my mind to go with them! I sold the car private party (more than all of the others) last Tuesday, same day that I got my MYLR. And I got another email yesterday. I emailed and called and told me to lay off, but I doubt it'll work.

yeah I just received my VIN about 2 hours ago. Have to figure out how the financing will work with my bank. Doesn't sound like it will be easy from what I'm reading.
I had no problems. I wired the down payment to Tesla. My bank refunded the $15 fee. My credit union sent a cashiers check to Tesla and gave me a copy of the check and the overnight tracking info. Tesla credited my account immediately! It was all done in one day.

What was your rate? Just so I understand, you selected tesla financing and they just happen to be using BOA? I ask because I was planning on getting financing through BOA as I bank with them and can get the preferred rewards rate. But I wasn’t sure how it all works if I set my own financing up through BOA instead of Tesla financing.

yeah I just received my VIN about 2 hours ago. Have to figure out how the financing will work with my bank. Doesn't sound like it will be easy from what I'm reading.
That’s my concern as well. Might just select Tesla financing to make it easier but I am afraid the Tesla rate will be significantly higher that what I can get at BoA

That’s my concern as well. Might just select Tesla financing to make it easier but I am afraid the Tesla rate will be significantly higher that what I can get at BoA
Check out all your options. In my case, even though Tesla doesn't rate match any longer, they still offered the best rate. I was approved with them for 2.49 with US Bank, then looked at a local credit union (advertising 1.99) and emailed my SA to reset to 3rd party financing. Turned out that didn't work (1.99 was for 36 not 72months) so I emailed my SA again and he reset it to Tesla financing. Ended up with the same original quote. Even if you don't have a SA to work with, anytime I've emailed [email protected] they got back to me within minutes.

Check out all your options. In my case, even though Tesla doesn't rate match any longer, they still offered the best rate. I was approved with them for 2.49 with US Bank, then looked at a local credit union (advertising 1.99) and emailed my SA to reset to 3rd party financing. Turned out that didn't work (1.99 was for 36 not 72months) so I emailed my SA again and he reset it to Tesla financing. Ended up with the same original quote. Even if you don't have a SA to work with, anytime I've emailed [email protected] they got back to me within minutes.

I've looked around too and so far I'm getting the best rate of 2.49% for 60 months from Tesla too. I can find other banks & credit unions who match that 2.49% but none to beat it.

What was your rate? Just so I understand, you selected tesla financing and they just happen to be using BOA? I ask because I was planning on getting financing through BOA as I bank with them and can get the preferred rewards rate. But I wasn’t sure how it all works if I set my own financing up through BOA instead of Tesla financing.
2.49%. And I don't know how BOA ended up with it. They called me within a few hours of me applying on the Tesla website and I was approved very quickly, so maybe they were just the first to jump on it.

2.49 for 72 months doesn’t seem bad. I usually pay cash for vehicles so 72 months seems like a long loan but with these low rates I think I would rather keep the money invested.