Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was your rate? Just so I understand, you selected tesla financing and they just happen to be using BOA? I ask because I was planning on getting financing through BOA as I bank with them and can get the preferred rewards rate. But I wasn’t sure how it all works if I set my own financing up through BOA instead of Tesla financing.
Start your application earlier, because its BOA :)
You can get approved in seconds online, then upload MVPA to that application, then wait.
Eventually the loan will appear on your account (takes several days).
I think that's it, but I will update if other actions will be required

Start your application earlier, because its BOA :)
You can get approved in seconds online, then upload MVPA to that application, then wait.
Eventually the loan will appear on your account (takes several days).
I think that's it, but I will update if other actions will be required
Like how earlier. My EDD isn’t until February. Should I start before I get a VIN?

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Getting my MYP Thursday at 10am. I had the quickest turn around time I've seen yet. Still kind of stunned as the original EDD was Jan-Feb.
OD: 11/9
DD: 11/18

I did financing through the Tesla website and was approved with BOA. Does Tesla and BOA work that out between themselves or am I supposed to be involved somehow? I am hoping I can just show up with the final payment (down payment and taxes).
That’s bonkers! Congrats. I ordered MYP just behind you, and my app currently says Feb 3-March 3. I guess I’d better have my ducks in a row in case they’re like, surprise, it’s a Tesla!

White w/black interior model y long range with no other options:
OD 4/30
DD 11/29, scheduled

Original estimate was late May to mid June.

Price $50,990 compared to $58,990 today. Mysteriously my trade in value dropped by $6000 after I got my vin. And here I thought used car prices were continuing to rise. It's almost like they're trying to make up some of the current price increases on my trade in.

Last edited:
Trying to get insurance is becoming problematic. Apparently Progressive does not recognize my VIN. Tesla advised me my car was produced yesterday, and that the vin is accurate - progressive needs to update their system…

My insurance guy tells me I have up to 30 days after purchase to get the car added to my policy. I explain that Tesla requires proof of insurance with the vin, but he doesn’t agree…

I may simply have to photoshop something.

This is odd.
Send the MVPV to the agent. Mine sent it to the company (Travelers) and they were able to add the new vehicle to my policy. I then uploaded the proof of insurance card (downloaded from Travelers website) to Tesla and they are all good.

VIN assigned today, Nov 17. Delivery appointment made, Nov 25. Order date Aug 8.
I really hope my USB-C ports are not missing.
MYLR5/WHT/BLK/19/No tow no FSD
Yay! I ordered the same day! I wonder if my VIN will post in the next few days. I am on the east coast (not sure if that makes a difference. I debating this tax credit though. Should I hold off?

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Now that’s overkill. Just adjust the height of the hatch.
This is what I did after my hatch hit the garage door, but then I spent the first week with a perma-scab on my bald head from smacking it on the lowered hatch. I back in the garage now. The garage door only goes back about 2/3 into the garage ceiling, so there's plenty of "head space" for the hatch when backed in.

OD 4/30
DD 11/29, scheduled

Price $50,990 compared to $58,990 today. Mysteriously my trade in value dropped by $6000 after I got my vin. And here I thought used car prices were continuing to rise. It's almost like they're trying to make up some of the current price increases on my trade in.
Don’t trade to Tesla problem fixed.

How do you become a member?
You can have an existing member like myself refer you. Or you can pay a cause on their site to become a member. Someone here was kind enough to refer me and that’s how I became a member.

Process took one day for membership and loans and I had the check the next day.

OD 4/30
DD 11/29, scheduled

try to sell it to carvana or carmax and just pay the difference. You may still get that 6K

That’s my concern as well. Might just select Tesla financing to make it easier but I am afraid the Tesla rate will be significantly higher that what I can get at BoA
I wanted to see what Tesla financing could offer and very quickly was approved for a loan through U.S. Bank when placing my order. I am a BoA customer and afterwards realized I may be able to do better with a reduced rate through preferred rewards. As rate matches have been discussed in other forums, I contacted Tesla financing and this was their response to a rate match on 11/15: "The offer in the account is the lowest we will be able to obtain on the application as all of our other lenders have a floor rate of 2.49%. If you are able to obtain a lower rate from a third party lender, you can also proceed directly with them as none of our lenders currently offer rate matching." Not saying I have given up on obtaining a lower rate, just letting you know my experience so far. Good luck!

MYP MSM White Int, No Tow or FSD. OD: 10/12/21, changed to White interior 11/2/21. EDD: 12/3/21-12-31/21