Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't know we need a support group to take delivery of Tesla. :(
1637262055927.jpeg

Alright gang. Don't congratulate me yet, but I now have VIN assigned. Let me explain.

This morning, checked the app for EDD. Same as the last two weeks, Jan 17 to Feb 14. This afternoon, checked the app, and VIN appeared! 7SAYGDEE3NF310973, with a message that Tesla is making changes that impact my order, go to Tesla Account. I log in to the computer and lo and behold, the Big Blue Button is there (but VIN is hidden). Yes, we OG's get the BBB, all you recent orders don't get it because you ordered radar-less cars. I received no email, no text, no call (yet).

Dilemma: when I turned on my Model Y order, it was estimated to be March 2022. I specifically turned on my order back in September because we have been a one car family for nearly seven years, and only need the second car in March when spouse transitions career and need to attend school. So getting a car five months early is somewhat troublesome financially, and entirely unplanned. So do I just go for it or do I do the financially responsible thing and delay it more? That is the question. At this point, I choose to not decide and wait for a phone call. They may issue an ultimatum (take it now or we cancel your order), or they may be understanding, or they may never call and take my inaction as go-ahead to reassign to the next person in the 5,000 person queue for Mount Kisco delivery or throw it on Tesla Inventory and charge $8k more for it for someone else. I'm sure it'll be snapped up within minutes on Tesla Inventory.

I didn't know we need a support group to take delivery of Tesla. :(
I think of it more as of an enthusiasts' group. But kinda sorta a the same thing. I was part of the PNWAlfaRomeo Club for similar reasons with different underlying causes. I expect my MYLR to be as fun to drive, a whole lot more modern, safer, better, and more rewarding in terms of what I am consuming for transport and fun. Much better than the Italian attitude of motor oil being something of a flow through item.

Told you so!! You won't remember any checklists when you lay eyes on your car! 😁

Congrats!! 🎉
I plan on bringing a clip board with an attached pen/pencil and a printed out checklist. I may dress up and have a short sleeve button up the front shirt (preferably white) with a pocket and a pocket protector. And horn rimmed glasses too. And a small, LED flashlight.

Alright gang. Don't congratulate me yet, but I now have VIN assigned. Let me explain.

This morning, checked the app for EDD. Same as the last two weeks, Jan 17 to Feb 14. This afternoon, checked the app, and VIN appeared! 7SAYGDEE3NF310973, with a message that Tesla is making changes that impact my order, go to Tesla Account. I log in to the computer and lo and behold, the Big Blue Button is there (but VIN is hidden). Yes, we OG's get the BBB, all you recent orders don't get it because you ordered radar-less cars. I received no email, no text, no call (yet).

Dilemma: when I turned on my Model Y order, it was estimated to be March 2022. I specifically turned on my order back in September because we have been a one car family for nearly seven years, and only need the second car in March when spouse transitions career and need to attend school. So getting a car five months early is somewhat troublesome financially, and entirely unplanned. So do I just go for it or do I do the financially responsible thing and delay it more? That is the question. At this point, I choose to not decide and wait for a phone call. They may issue an ultimatum (take it now or we cancel your order), or they may be understanding, or they may never call and take my inaction as go-ahead to reassign to the next person in the 5,000 person queue for Mount Kisco delivery or throw it on Tesla Inventory and charge $8k more for it for someone else. I'm sure it'll be snapped up within minutes on Tesla Inventory.
Following on, adding one more thought:

I received a VIN exactly 2 months from the day I completed profile. Exactly, to the day!

I would say this is pretty much spot on from my own research as well. Unless your daily commute makes it so that you just REALLY need the wall charger
Or if you want a cool doodad to hang on your wall. Which is the case for me. (Actually, I didn’t have a 14-50 outlet near so I figured if I’m going to do an install, I might as well do it right.)

Just got a text from the local service center, they are pulling my home delivery ahead to today! Now of course I'm stuck at work giving an interview this afternoon...oh you have a pulse? You're hired!
I have a panel interview this afternoon. If I see someone looking at their watch a lot, I'm going to be thinking about you. lol.

Following on, adding one more thought:

I received a VIN exactly 2 months from the day I completed profile. Exactly, to the day!
If you're not ready, it's worth a shot calling and seeing what they say. If they are not giving ultimatums yet, you just may be able to hold it. One thing I'm learning with tesla is don't wait to call and request for something. They can cancel putting orders on hold effective tomorrow and you would kick yourself for not calling today.

I believe that went away.

Side note, I live 10 miles from the SC and was informed my area is not part of the home delivery. Maybe because I live too close?
Same here. I live about 3 miles from the SC and have dreamed of waking up to a shiny new car in my driveway…they are making me pick it up lol

Same here. I live about 3 miles from the SC and have dreamed of waking up to a shiny new car in my driveway…they are making me pick it up lol
Even if I lived next door, I'd be going to pick it up. Imagine the delivery guy getting into wreck just around the corner from your house and now they have to take the car back and you go back to waiting, lol. OK, that's pretty dark but the excitement won't let me do home delivery.

Today is day 97 of my wait, and 22 days until the start date of my EDD range. I had a dream last night that a Tesla rep (maybe my SA?) called me and told me my car had arrived, and I could pick it up the next day. I got so excited, and after I got off the phone I checked my account, but there was no VIN, and I couldn't get in touch with anyone at Tesla. So then I was so anxious - do I apply for financing, figure out the best trade-in option, and update my insurance? Or do I wait? Then I woke up. No change to EDD, so I guess I keep waiting.

Elon: you are now impacting my sleep. Please send my MY 😆

For any Washington residents looking at financing options: TAPCO CU currently has rates as low as 1% on a 60 month auto loan (for credit score of 730+), plus no payments for 120 days. The offer is only through the end of the month. Really hoping I get that VIN soon... Legendary Auto Rates | TAPCO Credit Union - Washington State, Tacoma & Pierce County
I think WSECU, back when I lived in Tacoma, and worked for the courts, had the best rates back then. Seeing as my EDD is well over a half year away, I better just cool my jets and wait. I may shop around and set up an account somewhere that looks promising, such as that digital federal credit union, and generate a few transactions, etc. And will look at more local credit unions for the same purpose in the meantime as potential options as well.

Tesla called me: hey uh... apparently the website is supposed to not allow you schedule to take delivery on Thanksgiving day cuz the store is closed...

I would Suspect that the last 2 weeks in December are also going to be a vary bad time for them to schedual deliveries with people going away around the holidays. If they do happen to push that tax credit through it is going to make things really interesting.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker