Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I don't know a ton about these things, I am having mine ceramic coated, is it better to leave the PPF on and ceramic coat or take it off and ceramic coat?
I don't know a lot about this either, but when I inquired recently they said they would apply the PPF and ceramic coat it afterwards. I don't think it makes much sense to have the ceramic coat under the PPF. It would probably prevent it from adhering well.

I don't know a lot about this either, but when I inquired recently they said they would apply the PPF and ceramic coat it afterwards. I don't think it makes much sense to have the ceramic coat under the PPF. It would probably prevent it from adhering well.
I don't think the ceramic coat would do anything to prevent rock chips, right? Sounds like skipping PPF for ceramic is a bad idea.

Reactions: Spookynick
So I actually asked about this to my SA (long time guy so I think he would know what he is talking about). He said the delivery date and profile are not linked at all. The only time profile completion becomes an issue is when they go to schedule the VIN if a profile is not completed they will reach out to complete it, figure out payment method, etc. Other than that everything is based upon order date (based upon when the deposit was paid) and then breaks into production batches. Is that not how it works?
I'm almost certain that is not the case. Anecdotally, others have asked their SAs why their orders are taking so long, they look up the account and sure enough they hadn't completed their checklist items - it seems that everything but proof of insurance needs to be completed. To some degree we just have to read the tea leaves, Tesla makes no official declaration one way or another, but I am almost certain profile completion date is really when your order goes into the queue. That seems to roughly fit the information in the teslike spreadsheet as well.

I'm almost certain that is not the case. Anecdotally, others have asked their SAs why their orders are taking so long, they look up the account and sure enough they hadn't completed their checklist items - it seems that everything but proof of insurance needs to be completed. To some degree we just have to read the tea leaves, Tesla makes no official declaration one way or another, but I am almost certain profile completion date is really when your order goes into the queue. That seems to roughly fit the information in the teslike spreadsheet as well.

Thats what had happened to me, I stopped at the trade-in for almost 2 months, they want a running trade in (lol). Throught I could put it in later (wasn't sure if I was going to do it). I ended up putting in the trade ( figure it will be easier to not trade the car in later then to try to get them to take it later) and I got moved up the next day.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Another data point - my order is:
MYLR, 5 Seater, MSM, Black interior, 19” Gemini, Tow. OD 8-25-21.
(I can’t make a sig/profile yet).

EDD has been moving, though not as much as the others, first nothing, then Nov 29-Dec 27, then Dec 8-Dec 31, now Dec 13-27. The last date range is over the past week. This morning, the app changed to a “View” button, and it says “ We‘re building your car”. No VIN.

I am hoping the delivery date shows up in Dec so I can take delivery in Jan (avail of the 30-day delivery period called out in the order agreement). Wonder how much pushback people have got for trying the 30-day delay.
Following up on my post - how long does the “We are building your car” stay showing up in the app before getting a VIN? And once a VIN is issued, how long before a delivery date? And my EDD did not get pushed back like the others 🤔, so does that mean the car is really being built?

Following up on my post - how long does the “We are building your car” stay showing up in the app before getting a VIN? And once a VIN is issued, how long before a delivery date? And my EDD did not get pushed back like the others 🤔, so does that mean the car is really being built?
This is the new message once you have completed everything. Mine has shown this message since it changed last week. And I am still 3 months from the start of my EDD. I can't speak to how long after Vin before delivery but from whatvI have read, its sort of random.

My EDD has changed, again. Smh jumped back to 1/25 - 2/22.
1638137714160.gif

This is the new message once you have completed everything. Mine has shown this message since it changed last week. And I am still 3 months from the start of my EDD. I can't speak to how long after Vin before delivery but from whatvI have read, its sort of random.
BGOwner, thanks for sharing. However, I completed everything in my order in August; the only thing I added was insurance information back in October (just uploaded a copy of my existing policy on my other vehicle). Other than that, I have not ”completed” anything new since then - since there was nothing more I could possibly do!

But I am surprised you are seeing the “building your car” when you are 3 months out - maybe the completing on your end was so minor that it did not affect your build - maybe because your build and mine are the same, there is possibly a MSM batch build ongoing for August orders… you might have a pleasant surprise and your date could move up!

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
BGOwner, thanks for sharing. However, I completed everything in my order in August; the only thing I added was insurance information back in October (just uploaded a copy of my existing policy on my other vehicle). Other than that, I have not ”completed” anything new since then - since there was nothing more I could possibly do!

But I am surprised you are seeing the “building your car” when you are 3 months out - maybe the completing on your end was so minor that it did not affect your build - maybe because your build and mine are the same, there is possibly a MSM batch build ongoing for August orders… you might have a pleasant surprise and your date could move up!
We can hope mine comes early. But don’t want it before Jan