Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone’s EDD move by 6 weeks? Mine did this morning - from 12/13-27 to 1/26-2/23. That is quite a jump when your app says “We are building your car”!
My app says we are building your car and has had a date of 2/24-3/24 for a while so I don't believe it means it is actually being built, it just means it is in the Q to be built. If it doesn't say it is being built it likely means you didn't finish the the predelivery info.

I can't speak for them, but I took delivery a few weeks ago. I have a faint hope the credit will emerge from the senate with the original may 2021 retroactive effective date intact. I have a vague suspicion nothing will pass at all. I also know that I saved $5k ordering the car when I did, which is a good way towards the amount of the credit anyway. And I was originally willing to buy the car without any credit at all. $7500 / $8k is certainly nothing to sneeze at, but there is at least a decent chance none of us are seeing a dime. I'd waited almost 3 months for the car, I wanted the car, we needed a car since we sold the Audi to Carvana, and we bought a car. I have no regrets. There is no way to tell the future.
I agree. I am taking delivery of my car next Thu... Dec 9th.. Not really banking on this credit. The overall BBB bill is a huge drag on economy. even if CBO says that it will add only $300B debt, I suspect it will be lot more. It could also have adverse impact on Inflation which is already unseen in recent past.

I am starting to wonder if tow parts area supply chain issue. For an August booking that can only be the reason for such a delay.
I am wondering the same, but can they not ship the car to the customer and then have them come in to add the tow hitch at a later date, similar to what they have done for the USB ports? Maybe they are obligated to have the tow hitch installed prior to delivery since it’s a separate paid line item?

Carlotz was a flop. If your used car has less than 120k miles and/or less than 10 years old then they have a consignment sale model. Which is not instantaneous and takes as long as they sell the car. Mine was way beyond that mileage and age so my only option was a trade in and their offer was lower than Carmax.

I am writing this from Carmax waiting for their check. Then off to the Tesla store down the street… !!

I am wondering the same, but can they not ship the car to the customer and then have them come in to add the tow hitch at a later date, similar to what they have done for the USB ports? Maybe they are obligated to have the tow hitch installed prior to delivery since it’s a separate paid line item?
No tow for me and I was bumped out. I do have a 7 seat configuration though. I stopped trying to interpret what is going on. Not sure there really is a method to the madness. It will come sometime between now and February 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can't speak for them, but I took delivery a few weeks ago. I have a faint hope the credit will emerge from the senate with the original may 2021 retroactive effective date intact. I have a vague suspicion nothing will pass at all. I also know that I saved $5k ordering the car when I did, which is a good way towards the amount of the credit anyway. And I was originally willing to buy the car without any credit at all. $7500 / $8k is certainly nothing to sneeze at, but there is at least a decent chance none of us are seeing a dime. I'd waited almost 3 months for the car, I wanted the car, we needed a car since we sold the Audi to Carvana, and we bought a car. I have no regrets. There is no way to tell the future.
you waited only 3 months for blue/white!? Jealousss

Drove past the Tesla store in SLC this morning..

Attachments

• 01CDBED3-B11B-4387-B539-A90667467064.jpeg
    01CDBED3-B11B-4387-B539-A90667467064.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 1D80B8A8-49C8-4176-B177-0ABA379DCC04.jpeg
    1D80B8A8-49C8-4176-B177-0ABA379DCC04.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 77
No tow for me and I was bumped out. I do have a 7 seat configuration though. I stopped trying to interpret what is going on. Not sure there really is a method to the madness. It will come sometime between now and February 🤷🏻‍♂️
Pretty sure most of the 7 seaters I have seen post here, have also pushed out. Most seem to have been farther out then Feb though.

Their cost of installation of tow as a service call is much higher than when it is on the assembly line and fender not fixed etc. I think they recently increased the price for post-delivery tow installation price to $1300 from $1200.

I am ok with a pushout as long as it means they are adding something .
These are some of the changes in China which have happened and will likely make it everywhere else sometime in 2022 on the MY

1) Adaptive Headlights for LR (already standard on performance)
2) Cargo Cover
3) Faster Video chips for the Touch Screen ( similar to what is currently in the S)

August orders though? I saw several august order 7 seater VINs and delivery this week. Black and MSM
My guess is orders being pushed to Jan were likely to make room for all the people being forced out of long holds. With possibility of tax credit in Jan, I think Tesla calculated that the likelihood of forcing people on hold to take delivery with the threat of cancellation is higher than going through regular non-hold orders one by one and seeing a good percentage of them postpone to Jan.