Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how has your experience been in last few weeks?
3 Weeks and 1200 miles - It has been excellent - really exceeded my expectations all around. No major problems. Fit and finish is better than my 2017 X. However, it is a simpler (doors, etc.) car.

-Ride is not as smooth as old X - but I lowered tire pressure to 38 (instead of 42), and that really brought the car into a more stable ride on streets and freeway (no track kind of stuff for me...) - After lowering pressure, ride is not as smooth as X, but very reasonable.
-Car is very quiet.
-Energy efficiency and range are about what I expect - Around 270W/mile (as compared to 2017 X being 300-330), and real life range is about 80 to 85% of EPA rated range of 330 (so, I expect to get 270-280 out of a full charge).

3 Weeks and 1200 miles - It has been excellent - really exceeded my expectations all around. No major problems. Fit and finish is better than my 2017 X. However, it is a simpler (doors, etc.) car.

-Ride is not as smooth as old X - but I lowered tire pressure to 38 (instead of 42), and that really brought the car into a more stable ride on streets and freeway (no track kind of stuff for me...) - After lowering pressure, ride is not as smooth as X, but very reasonable.
-Car is very quiet.
-Energy efficiency and range are about what I expect - Around 270W/mile (as compared to 2017 X being 300-330), and real life range is about 80 to 85% of EPA rated range of 330 (so, I expect to get 270-280 out of a full charge).
Thanks for sharing! I am sure MYP might Be even rougher than it .

@boingolover received a VIN and took delivery in November. And...I'm still here but scheduled to take delivery (finally) on Saturday.
Yeah @ajabay , I got my car months ago, I still check out the forum pretty regularly though :) But yeah, it's even more insane considering @samori01 ordered the same week I did. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Yeah, I totally get it! The final countdown is the longest wait. I think I now have all the accessories are good to go: floormats, cable holder, console organizer, frunk mat, trunk organizer.

Just need the damn 14-50 connector when that comes back in stock.

Financing is ready to go, insurance is quoted and ready to go ($330 for six months, whoohoo!), BOS to EWR plane ticket purchased!
Oh wow, I didn't notice you'd gotten a vin and doing a Valentine's day pickup :) Congrats! Also, I don't know what's going on in your neck of the woods but here in Tennessee there is a Tesla facebook group that will loan out adapters for people in need. Usually they'll also offer to sell at cost and just buy another spare when they come back in stock.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Oh wow, I didn't notice you'd gotten a vin and doing a Valentine's day pickup :) Congrats! Also, I don't know what's going on in your neck of the woods but here in Tennessee there is a Tesla facebook group that will loan out adapters for people in need. Usually they'll also offer to sell at cost and just buy another spare when they come back in stock.
Oh cool! Yeah there is a Tesla New England Facebook group. I will keep that in mind and send out an SOS if the 110v outlet doesn't cut it. VIN and delivery appointment all happened pretty fast, all in the course of one day yesterday.

Reactions: boingolover
Hi all, just signed up as this looks to be the place for some real customer experience and information. I pre-ordered a model Y a few months back and started with an estimated delivery date of July. Shortly after ordering I came to the conclusion that with my existing Volvo lease ending in May, and most people sharing additional delays I'd probably have to go elsewhere for a car. However, given the current climate, finding another car hasnt been easy.
Recently, much to my surprise I checked the Tesla app and my date is now showing EDD 5/1-5/29. It's getting close to decision time for me. My existing lease turn in date is 5/11. What's the likelihood of actually getting into a Model Y before the end of May? My family shares one car, my wife and I both work from home but with kids, cant really afford to be without one.

Reactions: Spookynick
Hi all, just signed up as this looks to be the place for some real customer experience and information. I pre-ordered a model Y a few months back and started with an estimated delivery date of July. Shortly after ordering I came to the conclusion that with my existing Volvo lease ending in May, and most people sharing additional delays I'd probably have to go elsewhere for a car. However, given the current climate, finding another car hasnt been easy.
Recently, much to my surprise I checked the Tesla app and my date is now showing EDD 5/1-5/29. It's getting close to decision time for me. My existing lease turn in date is 5/11. What's the likelihood of actually getting into a Model Y before the end of May? My family shares one car, my wife and I both work from home but with kids, cant really afford to be without one.
Welcome toe the forums. Can you please share your configuration and order date? Also, when did you complete your profile? Profile includes payment method and trade in option. All these can be a factor in calculating your EDD.

No one knows the answer to your question but its possible. However, if your order date EDD was July, then I wouldn't necessarily get your hopes up.

With that said, couldn't you extend your lease up to a couple months if needed? Also, make sure you have your profile completed...this has been know to delay deliveries when its only partially completed.

Welcome toe the forums. Can you please share your configuration and order date? Also, when did you complete your profile? Profile includes payment method and trade in option. All these can be a factor in calculating your EDD.
Thanks..

MYLR
Solid Blk
20" induction
Blk/Wht interior
5 seat

I dont recall the exact date of profile, having trouble finding it in the app but I did no trade in, cash payment.

Thanks..

MYLR
Solid Blk
20" induction
Blk/Wht interior
5 seat

I dont recall the exact date of profile, having trouble finding it in the app but I did no trade in, cash payment.
Hard to predict the future, as anything could happen between now and May. But for what it's worth, my EDDs have been accurate, and became steadily more accurate as delivery neared. See my signature for EDD history.

Reactions: DrGriz

Origional EDD+30 days has been a decent estimate , unless someone refuses delivery in your area I don't think its going to happen. If you want a Tesla by May I would upgrade to a MYP

You should be able to either extend your lease a month or so, or rent something for a month. In the grand scheme of things, a rental for a month isn't a giant price compared to what you're already paying for a Tesla.

Hey all,
I know you all will correct me if I get out of line. I put my 1st post in the wrong room and got a spanking!
First time post, long time reader.

5 seat MYLR
Red Multi-Coat/Black Interior
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Tow Hitch
No FSD
OD: 12/14/21
EDD: June-July, May 23-June 20

Hey all,
I know you all will correct me if I get out of line. I put my 1st post in the wrong room and got a spanking!

5 seat MYLR
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Tow Hitch
No FSD
Welcome to the forums. Here is another thread to follow, December 2021 order estimated delivery dates
Those are specific orders placed in December. Hopefully your order will have similar EDDs. This thread is everyone. Not the wrong place, it is just general.

Also, make sure you add your info into the Order Tracker. Wiki - Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet first post has instructions to add or edit your submission.

Hey all,

5 seat MYLR
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Tow Hitch
No FSD
Sooner than my June/July because I have white paint. I ordered more than an year ago and took off hold in Oct.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Yeah, I totally get it! The final countdown is the longest wait. I think I now have all the accessories are good to go: floormats, cable holder, console organizer, frunk mat, trunk organizer.

Just need the damn 14-50 connector when that comes back in stock.

Financing is ready to go, insurance is quoted and ready to go ($330 for six months, whoohoo!), BOS to EWR plane ticket purchased!
Any advice on the insurance I'm getting ~600 for six months from geico.