Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom USB splitter solution for M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does everything work with the latest software update from Tesla? Is this a good one to buy and takes less power from the port?

https://www.amazon.com/Vilros-Raspberry-Starter-Power-Premium/dp/B0748MPQT4
I am running this exact combo (a Navak splitter and the exact RPi bundle you linked). I run the marcone/teslausb. Been running the Pi since June and only the last week or two for the Navak splitter.

I have a Navak splitter in each port. I use the two "charging" ports to power my Taptes Gen2 wireless charging pad and one of the "data" ports to run the Pi.

Reactions: Navak
I am running this exact combo (a Navak splitter and the exact RPi bundle you linked). I run the marcone/teslausb. Been running the Pi since June and only the last week or two for the Navak splitter.

I have a Navak splitter in each port. I use the two "charging" ports to power my Taptes Gen2 wireless charging pad and one of the "data" ports to run the Pi.

Awesome. Thank you for confirming.

Just bought two... don't really need em (currently using dashcam key plugged direct into port 1, and a cheap ANKER 4-port hub into port 2 supporting music USB key and both phone charging cables- all works 100% though phones charge a little slow- not enough to matter).

But on the other hand we've got a forum member who saw a problem, built what looks like a high quality compact solution, and is even offering a discount on it.... supporting that kinda thing seems like a good idea long term.

And in theory it'll clean up the inside of the console a bit compared to having the hub in there, and charge phones faster the rare times I need to charge in the car.

Ditto, just ordered two. Thanks Navak!

Reactions: Navak
Is Normad better than Tesla charging pad except for the price difference?

I honestly can't judge the Tesla-branded charging pad; it wasn't available when I ordered my Nomad. That said - I have nothing but positive things to say about the Nomad. It's high quality, works great, does exactly what it says it will. No more, no less. :)

Does everything work with the latest software update from Tesla? Is this a good one to buy and takes less power from the port?

https://www.amazon.com/Vilros-Raspberry-Starter-Power-Premium/dp/B0748MPQT4

Yes - everything is working great! I don't have that particular kit (I bought my Zero W from our local MicroCenter - it was $9.99 + $3.99 for the case) but it works just fine. The Marcone build is where it's at.

Highly recommended!

I honestly can't judge the Tesla-branded charging pad; it wasn't available when I ordered my Nomad. That said - I have nothing but positive things to say about the Nomad. It's high quality, works great, does exactly what it says it will. No more, no less

Does any of these wireless pads have provision for running the cable on one end if one of the phones is a wireless and the other is not of the two phones?

Does any of these wireless pads have provision for running the cable on one end if one of the phones is a wireless and the other is not of the two phones?

No, but at least the Nomad lets you plug in one side but not the other.

What I did was put the Nomad in place, and then hang a pair of these from the rear seat USB ports - they're long enough to reach the passenger side if need be: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RZ5SKYZ/

Reactions: iunbeatable
I am picking up my first Tesla tomorrow. I'm very much looking forward to it and want to quickly get it all set up.

So, I'm seeking recommendations on wireless pads, dashcams, etc. I've read this entire thread and am not sure which direction I should go in for the items.

I definitely want to use wireless charging and sentry mode. I do not require super fast phone charging. And, I don't anticipate playing games in my car much. So, I do not need a ton of USB ports for game controllers. I just want to be able to charge 3-4 devices (two phones and two apple watches) wirelessly (thinking Nomad) + have a dashcam and storage for sentry.

Any recommendations are much appreciated!