Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Foundation Series Reservation Holder Reveals Cost Of $120,000: Only 1,000 Will Ever Be Made

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you consider that installation cost up to $4k, FSD, and off road wheel and tire package ($5-$7k?)which is not going to be the free option once normal orders are available, then the $20k founders is actually reasonable.
View attachment 997880

It’s reasonable unless you didn’t want any of that crap to begin with.

Good question was asked though, what happens if you order a Foundation but originally reserved FSD at lower price?

Probably, people who are actually serious on on purchasing the Cybertruck. 1.5 million reservations does not mean 1.5 million purchases. They are probably given to people who are ready to purchase these trucks. Curious if I sign up today what are my chances to get an invite? I’ve own 2 Tesla already and another Y on the way.

I was thinking of doing the same except the $250 is not refundable

So, you pay the $250 order fee when it’s time to actually configure the vehicle?
The $250 non-refundable order fee is paid immediately when ordering any Tesla vehicle. The Cybertruck $100 reserve fee is credited at final payment. IMHO, this may allow a person to cancel their order, forfeit the $250, yet stay in line to order a future Cybertruck after the Foundation Series. That is just a guess on why the $100 stays in place until delivery day. Above all, check with Tesla before any cancellation decision to determine the consequences.

I'm not in CA or TX got invite to configure the Foundation but will pass as I feel that $100k for $80K config is too much, even after adding $12k FSD leaves $8k which those included "premium accessories" do not cost

Reactions: jebinc
I'm in Colorado, have a day 2 Cybertruck reservation RN112750...
Just logged in to my Tesla accnt this morning, and saw this:
```Design Your Cybertruck
Select your configuration options and confirm the final price in our Design Studio. As a pre-order holder, your delivery day will be prioritized.```

Two configuration options:
  • dual-motor AWD for $99,990 with "Est delivery date: Jan-Mar 2024"
  • tri-motor for $119,990 w with "Est delivery Mid-late 2024"
Both would come w a set of FOUNDATION SERIES add ons:
LIMITED-EDITION CONFIGURATION LASER-ETCHED FOUNDATION SERIES BADGE FOUNDATION SERIES CABIN GRAPHIC
20” CYBER WHEELS WITH 35” TIRES [WHITE DÉCOR + OFF-ROAD LIGHT BAR, only w the tri-motor config] PREMIUM ACCESSORIES
POWERSHARE HOME BACKUP POWERSHARE MOBILE CONNECTOR FULL SELF-DRIVING CAPABILITY LIFETIME PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY

Both would NOT qualify for the Federal $7.5k (and Colorado State $5k) EV subsidies.

So the NET ADDED COST to do this: $20k in the base price for the dual-motor AWD + $12.5k subsidy loss (=$32,500 cost increase; i.e., a 48% price increase.