Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And now this….

The Cyber-Turd fails again…

This just in…. The super special super strong can hold up Must standing on it Tonneau cover …. ahhh…. Isn’t even waterproof. Leaks like hell in the rain.

wow those are some special engineers at Tesla. 4 years of planning and design work and it leaks? WTF.
It says Vault not fish tank. Maybe you are shopping for the wrong thing.

If Tesla can’t even figure out how to keep your items dry in the back of the bed, something is really wrong.
I’m not surprised at this really. Almost all tonneau covers aren’t waterproof. They keep the bed pretty dry overall but IME having owned pickups since 2012 and having tried several different tonneau covers over the past 14 years now, none have kept the covered bed 100% dry, mostly in the corners where small leaks tend to occur.

I’m not surprised at this really. Almost all tonneau covers aren’t waterproof. They keep the bed pretty dry overall but IME having owned pickups since 2012 and having tried several different tonneau covers over the past 14 years now, none have kept the covered bed 100% dry, mostly in the corners where small leaks tend to occur.

We just bought a Toyota Tundra, and after watching maybe a dozen reviews of bed covers, one thing they all agreed on was they ALL
leak at least a little, given a heavy enough rain. We settled on one knowing that tools and things that really need to be dry should be kept in waterproof boxes.

And now this….

The Cyber-Turd fails again…

This just in…. The super special super strong can hold up Must standing on it Tonneau cover …. ahhh…. Isn’t even waterproof. Leaks like hell in the rain.

wow those are some special engineers at Tesla. 4 years of planning and design work and it leaks? WTF.
And what a turd it is. Not even, “a floater”….

How realistic is Powershare when the CT has an arguably underwhelming range and surprising long time to charge?

IMG_0115.gif

Interesting, because my cover keeps everything dry… what can’t Tesla engineers figure it out too?

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Interesting, because my cover keeps everything dry… what can’t Tesla engineers figure it out too?
The only tonneau covers I've seen that are able to remain weather tight in heavy rain are single piece covers. Stowe makes covers that they claim are weather tight:

That said, I've seen owners posting online using Stowe that very small leaks even with the single piece covers like this - could be an installation issue of course. In comparison, most automatic or manual retractable covers or multi-piece folding covers that offer more flexibility with usage generally advertise as "weather resistant" in comparison - it's a compromise for the additional flexibility of multi-piece folding or retractable covers IME. I've got a Bakflip aluminum hard folding cover (four pieces) for my 6 1/2 foot bed on my pickup and I get minor leakage even using the water redirecting kit. I've tried retractable covers in the past and sent them back due to installation and fitment problems.

We just bought a Toyota Tundra, and after watching maybe a dozen reviews of bed covers, one thing they all agreed on was they ALL
leak at least a little, given a heavy enough rain. We settled on one knowing that tools and things that really need to be dry should be kept in waterproof boxes.
or a watertight storage tunnel (Rivian) or a massive watertight frunk (Lightning). The Cybertruck with mini-frunk, no storage tunnel and basically only the bed is the worst of both worlds...

The tonneau cover leaking is not surprising. Like others have said they all leak.

The problem here is Tesla great HYPE about the tonneau was that people can stand on it, instead of making sure it was water tight. Again, more useless gimmicks.
"Par for the course," for Elon and Tesla. The hype approach really works, as the Elon worshipers and Tesla devotionalists will buy anything they pronounce as, "mind-blowing".... Anything....

On the plus side (to help counter all the Negative Nancy's), Tesla is giving you a powered retractable cover "for free", not requiring one to pay extra or pay for an aftermarket solution. Yay Tesla!
$120k... "for free".... right... 🤣

What Tesla did is price in, and force you to buy, all the high margin options (like FSDj) - up front....

Image 6.jpeg

"Par for the course," for Elon and Tesla. The hype approach really works, as the Elon worshipers and Tesla devotionalists will buy anything they pronounce as, "mind-blowing".... Anything....
How’s the Hype going for your Rivian Tonneau cover? Oh that’s right they could even get it to Open consistently without breaking let alone keep water out so they deleted it! lol