Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This also has me worried that if Tesla does manage to sell hundreds of thousands of Cybertrucks that take 45-150min to charge to 80%, how much worse the supercharging experiece will get? Currently, supercharging almost always (in the DC area) involves a line. At the very least, someone on the A stall when you're on the B stall.

Again, I am stunned that Tesla didn't put in 800v chargers over the past three years...
Oh they made a big deal out of… it will charge on 800v… when?

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
And Spartan white interior with inferior materials.
IMG_4214.jpeg

Paid Shills
Went back and read their review of the Highland LR, it was actually a pretty glowing review. Like the only nitpick they had was about the the glass roof. Which can be annoying. Not sure what Tesla has their panties in a bunch about. Maybe cause they published the actual range the car gets and associated it with real charge rate numbers 🤔

Went back and read their review of the Highland LR, it was actually a pretty glowing review. Like the only nitpick they had was about the the glass roof. Which can be annoying. Not sure what Tesla has their panties in a bunch about. Maybe cause they published the actual range the car gets and associated it with real charge rate numbers 🤔
who needs a MotorTrend review when you can watch some youtubers showing how their Cybertruck gets wrapped and then how the wife uses it as a family hauler to the local Target .... that's where it's at for a real truck "review"

Yes, the high volume models that Wall Street cares about, are pretty solid. Not so for the lower volume models, like the S/X (that don't "move the needle").

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Yes, the high volume models that Wall Street cares about, are pretty solid. Not so for the lower volume models, like the S/X (that don't "move the needle").
I leased a 2020 Model 3 through my business for a couple years. It was alright, not great and nothing like either of my Model S. I know your experience with the Model S hasn't been great but both of mine have (older models) been the two best cars I've ever owned. And this was coming from an Audi S6.

I think the key with the Model S/X is to give a new production type a year or three before buying new or just only buy used ones that have the cleared the first half of the bathtub curve.

That's what I'm hoping for here with Cybertruck, maybe in 5 years buying a 2026 used one will be worth it.

Or heck, maybe Audi will catch up and put out a compelling EV in the next few years.

Last edited:
The Lightning, but that's irrelevant. Their actual, real world ranges are similar.
I like everything about the F150L - except for the battery pack - which is of significant concern given it's using a pouch design - and the teardown from Munro indicates potential battery cooling issues with the design especially compared to the Tesla/Rivian packs that are using prismatic/cylindrical batteries with better integrated cooling. On the F150L forums - we're literally seeing HV pack issues reported almost daily from the ownership base - and that's only the owners joining the forums/FB groups mind you. It is a sufficient enough concern for me that I will likely pass on the F150L as a potential EV pickup - which is a shame - as I really like the Platinum F150L overall.

I like everything about the F150L - except for the battery pack - which is of significant concern given it's using a pouch design - and the teardown from Munro indicates potential battery cooling issues with the design especially compared to the Tesla/Rivian packs that are using prismatic/cylindrical batteries with better integrated cooling. On the F150L forums - we're literally seeing HV pack issues reported almost daily from the ownership base - and that's only the owners joining the forums/FB groups mind you. It is a sufficient enough concern for me that I will likely pass on the F150L as a potential EV pickup - which is a shame - as I really like the Platinum F150L overall.

After 38k miles I have no concerns over the battery.

The thing that concerns me is the service departments and their 1 tech to work on EV’s.

Being a Ford means that the aftermarket will take care of replacing those battery packs with the latest and greatest.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
not a problem the first 8 years...