Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jerryrigs towing video is not showing the cybertruck in a good light. When he cuts to the Rivian in the same test its much more luxurious and dead silent compared to noisy tesla. Perhaps that could be due to tires. Tesla also shows a semi immediately behind the vehicle, just like my S does pulling into the garage lol
Others have complained about that noise and have attributed it to the tires.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
The beast will need a power station in tow... What a PoS....

Anyone panicking about a cosmetic stain on their Cybertruck can simply put on a cosmetic/protective wrap.

Deloreans never had staining issues with their Stainless Steel cars. Any blemished easily scrubbed off with a scotch bright.

Reactions: CyberGus and Cal1
And then hours to charge it as a SuC....

Yeah. 2 hours to charge from 0 - 80% at a V2 supercharger, 45min at a V3. Makes me wonder why they didn't start rolling out the 800v superchargers in advance. Even just rolling out 4 or 5 locations in Austin and on the east/west coast to show that is was coming would have gone a long way. Maybe there is some technical issue we don't know about 🤔

Last edited:
Jerryrigs towing video is not showing the cybertruck in a good light. When he cuts to the Rivian in the same test its much more luxurious and dead silent compared to noisy tesla. Perhaps that could be due to tires. Tesla also shows a semi immediately behind the vehicle, just like my S does pulling into the garage lol

At one point he momentarily lifts the throttle and most of the noise seemed to be a droning electric motor hum/buzz. Not sure how Tesla missed that in all their testing but that's an important needed refinement for anyone wanting to tow. Maybe Elon overrode the team's recommendations based on cost and 'wasted' production time.

One of the big supposed reasons for "direct sales" from manufacturers was to have a set price and eliminate dealership price gouging. Tesla just internalized the dealer gouging. And no, the invites aren't going in order. Basically the Founders Edition is just a money grab to have more wealthy people jump the line in front of less wealthy. Tesla would do just fine selling Cybertrucks at all the same price and in order. It's simple greed doing it the way they are.

Not sure what posting the Tonneau cover mechanism has to do with anything. I'm talking about the rear window doesn't roll down between cab and vault. Nor does it have the HVAC pumped into the vault as Elon tweeted it would.
This is possibly the dumbest thread in the whole of TMC. Get back to Reddit.

Did Tesla even
just as if Goodyear and Tesla had *no* time testing the tires and tire chemistry for road noise and vibrations during the.... 4+ yr delay....

I’m wondering if Tesla even looked at the best selling car in America and at least attempted to match it…. Or were they too arrogant and just said “we know what they want” “they will buy anything we put out”

The great news of the Cyberturd is spreading….. lol.
It's a...

1705761354150.png

And if those bugs 🐛 miss the gaps, expect instant corrosion. Even stated in the damn owners manual! 🤣😆. Best of luck, early adopters!

View attachment 1009856
Funny story.

For my first car - I got some kind of junk package from the dealer. Got some bird poop that stained the car paint and was impossible to remove. Even the junk package excluded bird poop in small letters ….

Reactions: jebinc
just as if Goodyear and Tesla had *no* time testing the tires and tire chemistry for road noise and vibrations during the.... 4+ yr delay....
The CT tires have "about half" the tread depth of the regular Goodyear AT tires - Out of Spec Reviews in his 70mph higways test video.

I suspect this is the reason why videos of the CT struggling in snow/slopes keep popping up.

I have a feeling a lot of R&D was focused on keeping the aesthetic and construction of the Cybertruck. Along with using the cheaper, newer batteries. With things like tires, towing, offroading, snow, etc. being assumptions that would come along with a working truck.

Then, when they looked up after three years and the range numbers started coming back in the 200s; they probably panicked and called Goodyear to see what could be done.

The CT tires have "about half" the tread depth of the regular Goodyear AT tires - Out of Spec Reviews in his 70mph higways test video.

I suspect this is the reason why videos of the CT struggling in snow/slopes keep popping up.

I have a feeling a lot of R&D was focused on keeping the aesthetic and construction of the Cybertruck. Along with using the cheaper, newer batteries. With things like tires, towing, offroading, snow, etc. being assumptions that would come along with a working truck.

Then, when they looked up after three years and the range numbers started coming back in the 200s; they probably panicked and called Goodyear to see what could be done.
And now this….

The Cyber-Turd fails again…

This just in…. The super special super strong can hold up Must standing on it Tonneau cover …. ahhh…. Isn’t even waterproof. Leaks like hell in the rain.

wow those are some special engineers at Tesla. 4 years of planning and design work and it leaks? WTF.