Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
or a watertight storage tunnel (Rivian) or a massive watertight frunk (Lightning). The Cybertruck with mini-frunk, no storage tunnel and basically only the bed is the worst of both worlds...
And the stylish but woefully inadequate headlights and a single wiper that doesn't cover the passenger side windshield.

So far the best CT parts might be the drive by wire steering and 48v wiring.

Yeah, on the Rivian, in rain, typically I don't get any water intrusion in the bed, but I get some drops in there after a brushless car wash. But that never bothered me since I only store surfing gear that can get wet, or is already wet. And for things that I need to be dry, I have the massive frunk and gear tunnel, under seat storage.

I see the worry with Cybertruck since there is less frunk space, but if I'm not mistaken, isn't there a lot of storage space under the rear bench seat? Maybe even similar to the gear tunnel?

Yeah, on the Rivian, in rain, typically I don't get any water intrusion in the bed, but I get some drops in there after a brushless car wash. But that never bothered me since I only store surfing gear that can get wet, or is already wet. And for things that I need to be dry, I have the massive frunk and gear tunnel, under seat storage.

I see the worry with Cybertruck since there is less frunk space, but if I'm not mistaken, isn't there a lot of storage space under the rear bench seat? Maybe even similar to the gear tunnel?

Only with the Optional Storage compartment that you have to buy from Tesla.

Same. Yeah, the waterproof gear tunnel is a game changer. The frunk is nice as well, as you say. So is the under rear seat storage area that come stock.

Reactions: TessP100D
Jerryrigs towing video is not showing the cybertruck in a good light. When he cuts to the Rivian in the same test its much more luxurious and dead silent compared to noisy tesla. Perhaps that could be due to tires. Tesla also shows a semi immediately behind the vehicle, just like my S does pulling into the garage lol

Linking.. in case anybody else wants to see this video.

Reactions: jebinc
How realistic is Powershare when the CT has an arguably underwhelming range and surprising long time to charge?
This also has me worried that if Tesla does manage to sell hundreds of thousands of Cybertrucks that take 45-150min to charge to 80%, how much worse the supercharging experiece will get? Currently, supercharging almost always (in the DC area) involves a line. At the very least, someone on the A stall when you're on the B stall.

Again, I am stunned that Tesla didn't put in 800v chargers over the past three years...

Reactions: TessP100D and kabin
This also has me worried that if Tesla does manage to sell hundreds of thousands of Cybertrucks that take 45-150min to charge to 80%, how much worse the supercharging experiece will get? Currently, supercharging almost always (in the DC area) involves a line. At the very least, someone on the A stall when you're on the B stall.

Again, I am stunned that Tesla didn't put in 800v chargers over the past three years...

And now way to search for pull through v4 charger

And now way to search for pull through v4 charger
The V4 chargers currently still use the V3 charging cabinets. And I think they've only put in a few over the past three months. Only one of which seems to have space for a trailer... Really doesn't seem like they're taking this seriously. Plus to those V4 chargers are open to CCS, so I'd imagine that'll only make the lines worse as they're rolled out in this configuration.

Not worried (at all).

Once the word gets out (from new early adopter FE owners), that this thing is a turd on so many levels, demand will fall off quickly. Who would want to pay $120k for a "polished turd"? Only Elon worshipers and Tesla "mind-blowing" devotionalists.

I'm not anti-Tesla, as we own three of them. The Model 3/Y series is problem free (albeit, range is over-stated). My Model S Plaid is a mixed bag (being a low volume and not cared for by Tesla, orphan).

The V4 chargers currently still use the V3 charging cabinets. And I think they've only put in a few over the past three months. Only one of which seems to have space for a trailer... Really doesn't seem like they're taking this seriously. Plus to those V4 chargers are open to CCS, so I'd imagine that'll only make the lines worse as they're rolled out in this configuration.
I would posit the reason for them not taking it seriously is one or two fold -

1. They know production volume in the next couple of years will be low (many reasons for this, including 4680 issues), so impact (people not being able to charge at 800v) will be minimal to the company (# of complaints will not move the stock needle)

2. Related to #1 above, but longer term, "Demand related"...

Reactions: sublimejackman

1. They know production volume in the next couple of years will be low (many reasons for this, including 4680 issues), so impact (people not being able to charge at 800v) will be minimal to the company (# of complaints will not move the stock needle)

I'm starting to come around to this as well. I'm thinking they can only really make 10-20k of these things in the next 12 months. Looks like they've only made ~600 in the last 60 days and even at this pace, we are already seeing some pretty serious QC issues.

It really feels like Cybertruck for the "masses" is still 5+ years away.

I was at the Portland showroom on Friday and they had a Founders Edition.

It was cool to see it in person.

IMG_8218.jpeg
IMG_8213.jpeg
IMG_8216.jpeg
IMG_8214.jpeg
IMG_8213.jpeg

I thought after 4 years the CT would be dialed in. And that darn 4680 has been 3+ years of toying and yet pfft!

This next year will be telling for Tesla. Expansion or contraction. The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla was forced to layoff some production staff. They say profit margins are already comparable to traditional ICE manufacturers and that wasn't suppose to be in the Tesla cards.

I’m starting to come around to this as well. I'm thinking they can only really make 10-20k of these things in the next 12 months. Looks like they've only made ~600 in the last 60 days and even at this pace, we are already seeing some pretty serious QC issues.

It really feels like Cybertruck for the "masses" is still 5+ years away.
And, by then, the product will be much changed from the junk early adopters are paying a premium for today. Today’s models will be worth next to nothing by then as a result. To each… 🥂

The only tonneau covers I've seen that are able to remain weather tight in heavy rain are single piece covers. Stowe makes covers that they claim are weather tight:

That said, I've seen owners posting online using Stowe that very small leaks even with the single piece covers like this - could be an installation issue of course. In comparison, most automatic or manual retractable covers or multi-piece folding covers that offer more flexibility with usage generally advertise as "weather resistant" in comparison - it's a compromise for the additional flexibility of multi-piece folding or retractable covers IME. I've got a Bakflip aluminum hard folding cover (four pieces) for my 6 1/2 foot bed on my pickup and I get minor leakage even using the water redirecting kit. I've tried retractable covers in the past and sent them back due to installation and fitment problems.
Minor leaks is ok and it’s aftermarket. Tesla built this truck from the ground up and still can figure it out. Another Cyber-Turd Fail

• Disagree
Reactions: finman100