Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Obviously, but they make them on the same line. Whatever they think the FS AWD is will take up that line until later this year.
Yeah, I have a feeling "sell out all the builds for 2024" is EDF* speak for "we've almost hit the number of people we think that would be willing to pay extra for a 'Foundation Series' and not riot when we don't deliver on time"

Best estimates put ~600 CT have been made so far. So like 10 - 15 a day. Probably get signifigantly faster, but I'd be surprised if they deliver more than 10k-20K by the end of CY 2024.

*Elon Distortion Field

Last edited:
This is nothing new… chips turn into cracks if they aren’t filled properly prior to temp swings (natural or man made). Not sure of older Model S glass…
nah... It's a crack from the heater. In the exact spot it happens everytiime with 2016-2019 Model S. There is no chip, don't worry tho, I doubt one poorly made windsheild will impact the stock price ;)

That means that a small amount of CTs will be delivered this year, if true. Smaller than many predicted.
For anyone actually listening though - Musk repeatedly said that CT production would be immaterial to Tesla financials in 2024 - that's code for very low production rates at a higher per unit price to help cover higher initial production costs (hence the FS variant). This was clear as day to me all along. Anyone who thinks any significant ramp will occur in 2024 is likely going to experience disappointment.

For anyone actually listening though - Musk repeatedly said that CT production would be immaterial to Tesla financials in 2024 - that's code for very low production rates at a higher per unit price to help cover higher initial production costs (hence the FS variant). This was clear as day to me all along. Anyone who thinks any significant ramp will occur in 2024 is likely going to experience disappointment.
Yes.

He harped that ramp would be extremely slow, but many said he was sandbagging.

Yes.

He harped that ramp would be extremely slow, but many said he was sandbagging.
The overall narrative that Musk and others have repeatedly talked about is that building the CT has been very challenging and ramping a CT will be very challenging as a result. All of the actual commentary from multiple sources has repeatedly indicated that the CT is not like other mass production ramps - and therefore temper expectations when making comparisons to any other vehicles that Tesla has brought to market.

I also heard of couple of other noteworthy comments on the quarterly investors call yesterday with respect to the CT. One, the CT is not battery constrained - at least at this point in time - 4680 production is outpacing CT production - this indicates that it is the actual CT production that is most challenging and will be slower to ramp. Two, the CT is not a technology leading vehicle meant to foster new production methodologies for other mass production vehicles - for example it has no bearing on the upcoming mass market supposed $25k price point vehicle which will be using unboxed nextgen manufacturing methods never before seen (we shall see of course). Don't expect features unique to the CT to migrate into other mass production vehicles in other words - though they didn't explicitly mention which features they were referring to (48v? steer by wire? rear wheel steering? etc.).

Sounds like another Elon wet dream. The hard deck for the CT $7500 tax credit is $80k. Time will tell how much interest there really is once the non-foundation series gets ramped up. And it seems TSLA is in no hurry to find out.
"The Charlatan" is just saying that BS (more likely than not) to drive up demand, or to mislead investors to think that demand is red hot....

The fact, as stated by Tesla: Per their own earnings report, they still have not "sold out" 2024 production (~25k-50k units)..... even though they claim to have millions of $100 pre-orders. So, that means they still have yet to convert 25k-50k of those millions of $100 pre-orders into $1000 commitments. That's abysmal, at best.... 😞

I don't think it's a mistake that Tesla didn't submit any CTs that would qualify for the tax credit in 2024.
Agreed. Since production capacity/output is so little (per Elon) in 2024, everyone will be a premium priced Founder's Edition.... And even with that, they are still not "sold out" for 2024 builds (per their own Earnings call)....

Reactions: TessP100D