Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will Road Salt staining be a problem?
Huge, corrosion wise.

IMG_0430.png

Bunch of shills
It beat it i the 1/8 mile - the rest was "simulated" due to supposed issues with the trailer. Me thinks if they really wanted to run a serious 1/4 mile test as otherwise directly indicated by Musk right on stage out loud to the entire world - they could have done so - what does that tell you? :D It's a shame really - that Tesla resorts to these half truth marketing efforts when there's so much else that they could have focused on with the CT that is actually true.

Reactions: MrSlowEv and Cal1
It beat it i the 1/8 mile - the rest was "simulated" due to supposed issues with the trailer. Me thinks if they really wanted to run a serious 1/4 mile test as otherwise directly indicated by Musk right on stage out loud to the entire world - they could have done so - what does that tell you? :D It's a shame really - that Tesla resorts to these half truth marketing efforts when there's so much else that they could have focused on with the CT that is actually true.
What does this tell us? It confirms Elon’s indeed a charlatan.

It‘s just telling that they have to resort to deceiving marketing stunts as key demo during the truck delivery event…
Some Tesla apologists (and/or Elon ___sucks) will never get it. The rose colored glasses and “Elon Koolaid” chuggers just can’t break free... but, hey… To each! 🥂

Edit: But, it does look like more and more people are “waking tf up”…

IMG_0437.png

Last edited:
So this seems to be more data confirming that real world range is closer 170-210miles. 2 hours to charge to 70% on V2 superchargers wooof. Baffling that Tesla didn't start rolling out 800v chargers over the past year (with tow pass thru). Not a good look.

THIS is why they went with a smaller battery, cause with a 200kwh battery 0-70% would have been a full 3 hours! Or with the standard 32amp mobile charger almost 24hours!

Last edited:
So this seems to be more data confirming that real world range is closer 170-210miles. 2 hours to charge to 70% on V2 superchargers wooof. Baffling that Tesla didn't start rolling out 800v chargers over the past year (with tow pass thru). Not a good look.

THIS is why they went with a smaller battery, cause with a 200kwh battery 0-70% would have been a full 3 hours! Or with the standard 32amp mobile charger almost 24hours!

Their priorities are somewhere else. I dont think they ever plan on releasing cheaper version of the CT, especially if FSD and AP take a while.

It truly baffles me that those two are not available right now. Instead "RWS" was a priority....why? I dont get it.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
You just keep digging deep with full on FUD pitches that are comical. Try the same search with car paint, or metal, or clear coat. Surprise, salt exposure to ANY surface long term is corrosive. If you had any clue on the properties of Stainless Steel you would realize how goofy your digs are.
that's the difference though... all other trucks have metal + zinc plated + clear coat + paint ... cybertruck is just barebone stain*less* steel. anyone who left stainless steel knives in the dishwasher for a few days will notice that they will definitely stain.

Cybertruck, says...
IMG_0143.gif

that's the difference though... all other trucks have metal + zinc plated + clear coat + paint ... cybertruck is just barebone stain*less* steel. anyone who left stainless steel knives in the dishwasher for a few days will notice that they will definitely stain.

This is "SpaceEx" Stainless Steel. Thats why the manual says to clean ASAP. I'm sure the SpaceEx SS has like wipers and cleaners on the outside to quickly clean as it's taking off........

Reactions: jebinc
This is "SpaceEx" Stainless Steel. Thats why the manual says to clean ASAP. I'm sure the SpaceEx SS has like wipers and cleaners on the outside to quickly clean as it's taking off........
I see a lot of rust/corrosion on the the Starship and booster shells - especially those that have been out in the weather for a few months. Of course, they can't "wash" them frequently as the manual suggests! The proximity to the ocean/salt water doesn't help matters, either.

i dont think corrosion in terms of "rusting through" will be an issue... more like cosmetic staining which once it's there you can't really remove without steel wool and it'll never look the same. They should have gone with Rolex (904L) steel which is incredibly corrosion resistent but a good piece more $$$ than 316L ...

I see a lot of rust/corrosion on the the Starship and booster shells - especially those that have been out in the weather for a few months. Of course, they can't "wash" them frequently as the manual suggests! The proximity to the ocean/salt water doesn't help matters, either.
But it’s the extreme launch speeds that eliminate any washing requirements.Bird crap just burns off!This inherently superior design characteristic is blatantly obvious to all!

The beast will not require washing. Just super blasts on the highway.

But it’s the extreme launch speeds that eliminate any washing requirements.Bird crap just burns off!This inherently superior design characteristic is blatantly obvious to all!

The beast will not require washing. Just super blasts on the highway.
The beast will need a power station in tow... What a PoS....