Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. All Founder’s Editions require you to pay for FSD as part of the $20k kicker/premium. However, just because you paid for it, does not mean you get it when the truck delivers. Currently, Tesla has prohibited FSD use on the Cybertruck, but states that will come in the future. Fact. There are reports it doesn’t come with working TACC either, but that’s unconfirmed.

Seriously, you can’t make this (sh)it up! It is true, however. 🥺

Sounds ok to me.

I don't have a problem with it.

Sounds ok to me.

I don't have a problem with it.
You realize, people who own a MY, without USS, have been waiting over a year for the “coming soon” auto parking that was “included” when they purchased the car, right? “No problem with that,” you say? People could be waiting a long time for the FSD they pay for at delivery.

No need to reply, as I expect nothing but more nonsense.

You realize, people who own a MY, without USS, have been waiting over a year for the “coming soon” auto parking that was “included” when they purchased the car, right? “No problem with that,” you say? People could be waiting a long time for the FSD they pay for at delivery.

No need to reply, as I expect nothing but more nonsense.

Still no problem. I asked a simple question.

You aren't going to get me riled up about stuff like a car or its features. It just aint going to happen.

Last edited:
Why is everyone waiting so much time and energy these days being so angry and frustrated about everything and everybody? There is just no topic here that is that important.

We are just talking about vehicles. that's it. vehicles.

There seems to be no room for gratefulness and/or just having a good day.

Heart attacks and strokes/hypertension/stress are at an all-time high. Lets just relax. geesshhh.

Still no problem. I asked a simple question.

You aren't going to get me riled up about stuff like a car or its features. It just aint going to happen.
Yes, you asked a question, and received a factual response from me. You replied to that reply saying you have no issue with Tesla doing this, which is your prerogative. To each.

I would be surprised if that view, to wait an indefinite period for an expensive ($12,000) option that was paid for today, is a widely held view.

So, “Asked and Answered”.

Why is everyone waiting so much time and energy these days being so angry and frustrated about everything and everybody? There is just no topic here that is that important.

Heart attacks and strokes/hypertension/stress are at an all-time high. Lets just relax. geesshhh.
Fair point.

Does anyone know how fast the cybertruck can charge at a V3 supercharger? The truck takes 800 V and those chargers only go up to 400 V. I haven’t heard if they use a DC to DC converter for this or split the pack in two.
At the delivery event they stated 250kW. We don't know what the charge curve looks like so no idea how long it can sustain that rate. We are sure that the pack has the ability to split internally to charge at 400V (Porsche and other 800V packs already do this - it's not a secret).

Tesla is an emotional subject for some people. For some they wrap environmentalism, investing acumen, and other aspects of their self-worth into their car. This prevents them from looking at a Tesla as "just a vehicle." To them, if you say negative things about Tesla they take it personally (or fear for their retirement accounts).

There is no question that the production CT is a huge letdown from what was promised (not just 4 years ago, but things Elon said within the past few months). A decent number of people had already accepted that the CT was going to be game-changing and that they were going to be a part of it. Now for many that is not going to happen, whether due to being priced out or due to the specs being underwhelming.

So people are going through the 5 stages as they fully digest the differences between the CT they were driving in their minds and the CT that is actually being delivered. That process can be ugly and some lashing out is to be expected.

At the delivery event they stated 250kW. We don't know what the charge curve looks like so no idea how long it can sustain that rate. We are sure that the pack has the ability to split internally to charge at 400V (Porsche and other 800V packs already do this - it's not a secret).
They did say 250, not 350 as has been widely reported.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
They did say 250, not 350 as has been widely reported.
In the Top Gear review with Lars and Franz, Lars stated that on a V4 SC the CT will charge at 350kwh and would charge from 15-85% in roughly 18-20 minutes. Obviously we have yet to see an actual V4 charger capable of 350kwh - as my understanding is the current V4 SC stations are still limited to 250kwh - but it's good to know it's feasible when that time comes.

Reactions: jebinc

Ok I agree, but then again. You make stupid statements like you are ok with paying for features on a vehicle that don’t exist.

Ok I agree, but then again. You make stupid statements like you are ok with paying for features on a vehicle that don’t exist.

What doesn't exist?

I have a P3D (186k miles) that when I push the right stalk down twice has driven over 150k miles so far. Whatever you call that feature, I love it and I wouldn't mind paying for it on my CyberTruck.

You can dance with words, but I want that feature I use every day - whatever it's called.

Over a half a billion cumulative miles produced by something that doesn't even exist and continues to be sold. Now that's magical. What a business plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: STUtoday
What doesn't exist?

I have a P3D (186k miles) that when I push the right stalk down twice has driven over 150k miles so far. Whatever you call that feature, I love it and I wouldn't mind paying for it on my CyberTruck.

You can dance with words, but I want that feature I use every day - whatever it's called.
because it's an L2 system which is not even hands-free and you are *required* to keep hands on the wheel and eyes on the road at all times...

because it's an L2 system which is not even hands-free and you are *required* to keep hands on the wheel and eyes on the road at all times...

Again. I'll say it again. Whatever happens when I push that right stalk down twice. I want that on my Cybertruck.

Whatever that feature is called "right now" I want it again.

Let's see.... what did you call it? L2? Ok. I want L2 on my Cybertruck.

Some people might call it R2D2. <--- that's good enough for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Again. I'll say it again. Whatever happens when I push that right stalk down twice. I want that on my Cybertruck.

Whatever that feature is called "right now" I want it again.

Let's see.... what did you call it? L2? Ok. I want L2 on my Cybertruck.

Some people might call it R2D2. <--- that's good enough for me.
call it "lane keep assist with adaptive cruise control" ... that's what it basically is. *Most* OEMs offer that. not as sexy branding as "Full self driving" though.

GM "supercruise" and Ford "Bluecruise" will even sell you "lane keep assist with adaptive cruise control + hands-free"

call it "lane keep assist with adaptive cruise control" ... that's what it basically is. *Most* OEMs offer that. not as sexy branding as "Full self driving" though.

GM "supercruise" and Ford "Bluecruise" will even sell you "lane keep assist with adaptive cruise control + hands-free"

Good enough. Whatever it is....I love watching it when it:

Takes exit ramps
Turns down my block towards my house.
Stops at all of the stop signs I have encountered.
Changes lanes to get ready to exit.
Slows down or speeds up when reading speed limit signs.
Goes around cars blocking its way.
Accurately makes left hand turns on 3 lane busy streets.
Reads the color of the stop lights / stops and goes when the red and green lights change
Slows/stops for people crossing the street.
Shows motorcycle drivers on the screen...thats really cool.
Parks itself in my garage and out when I'm not even in the car.
Comes to me at the front door at HomeDepot.
Turns on its turn signals and backup lights when necessary. So cool.
etc.

You call all of that "lane assist with adaptive cruise control"? <------ok fine with me.

Whatever you call that...I want it on my cybertruck. Over 150k miles of this fun so far.

As a matter of fact. I'm all excited now. 'm about to go to the Naperville Tesla service center to look at the Cybertruck there. I won't be back for a few hours as Iet "whatever this feature is called" drive me there. Hopefully with no intervention. We'll see.

Last edited: