Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a CEO says or writes, should carry a lot of weight and accountability. With Elon, that doesn't seem to apply, as he is "above all of that," in the eyes of many.... and is never held accountable (yet)....
Still waiting on my yoke horn update from November of 2021.

But as been discussed before, it's not actually possible unless the use the camera to see your hand touch the wheel, which would be ridiculous.

But as been discussed before, it's not actually possible unless the use the camera to see your hand touch the wheel, which would be ridiculous.
True. I'm still waiting for my non peeling yoke, automatic UI tilt screen, and Gaming memory for all that Tesla marketed when I purchased my Plaid in August 2021. Hint - The wait will be infinite. Of the three, the non peeling yoke has the best chance of happening in my lifetime

1000002552.png

Reading between the lines here, the CT hasn't launched. "December to early March" is the same as "early 2024." Tesla is implicitly saying it's going to take them 3-4 months to deliver the first 1,000 units which will be the Founders Edition.

View attachment 997295

Reading between the lines here, the CT hasn't launched. "December to early March" is the same as "early 2024." Tesla is implicitly saying it's going to take them 3-4 months to deliver the first 1,000 units which will be the Founders Edition.

More Charlatan number fudging and manipulating.... Who would have thunk it?! 🤣

Agree with everything except the Ignorance of firearms. Elon has said maybe 20 times that it will "stop pretty much any hand gun". He's also said it's bullet proof to a 9mm round. He didn't qualify the subsonic or fps.

If we just throw out Elon statements, sure, but I think if someone was shot through the door with a 9mm, they could cite Elon, no?
Having been a Tesla customer for over 13 years now, I can tell you the list of things that Elon has said there weren't true is long and distinguished. They haven't gotten him yet. Now if someone dies because they thought their CT was bulletproof does that raise the stakes? I guess, but people have died while on AP/FSD and Tesla has yet to be successfully sued to my knowledge.

Me too. But Tesla has a solution! Just buy a CT. 🤣

Do we know yet the onboard charger size on Cybertruck? How many amps can it charge at?
The EPA dummy submission has it but it is a placeholder so it may not be accurate. It also references the 12V system.

Says 48A as I recall but I really did not look closely or try to make a note of it, since there seemed to be so many errors. Can look though. Might be wrong or misremembering.

We’ll see.

The EPA dummy submission has it but it is a placeholder so it may not be accurate. It also references the 12V system.

Says 48A as I recall but I really did not look closely or try to make a note of it, since there seemed to be so many errors. Can look though. Might be wrong or misremembering.

We’ll see.
I'm pretty certain it will be 48A, since that is the the max current their latest Wall Connectors offer.

I'm pretty certain it will be 48A, since that is the the max current their latest Wall Connectors offer.
Yeah it says 48A at 208V or 240V.

Seems enough; maximum 12.5-hour charge time.

EDIT: Except for poor TOU5 customers of SDGE trying to cram in their charging between midnight and 6AM at bargain-basement price of 14.5¢/kWh, before it lifts to the modest ~45¢/kWh off-peak rate. Then again, if you’re using more than 50% of your CT charge every day then you don’t care much about economizing!

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc
Yep short TOU windows is the real reason people should actually need faster level 2 charging. Fortunately don't have any of that yet where I am, still rocking a dumb meter that some poor fool has to manually read once a month at 0.11/kWh. I guess there's a few rural highway corridors with some 80A level 2s where DCFC doesn't exist for many many miles where faster level 2 support would be nice for.

Reactions: zoomer0056
EDIT: Except for poor TOU5 customers of SDGE trying to cram in their charging between midnight and 6AM at bargain-basement price of 14.5¢/kWh, before it lifts to the modest ~45¢/kWh off-peak rate. Then again, if you’re using more than 50% of your CT charge every day then you don’t care much about economizing!

Those are wild prices. Even with our "green source" option elected here in Portland, our rate is $0.136/kWh

Reactions: jebinc
Those are wild prices. Even with our "green source" option elected here in Portland, our rate is $0.136/kWh
Yeah I think it is up to north of 80 cents per kWh in the summer on peak. (You have to pay $16/month to get the privilege of the 14.3 cents at night, BTW.)

Sempra has a fiduciary duty to shareholders and they take it very seriously. Their building downtown is very shiny and nice (capital investment looks good I guess).

Last edited:
  • Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: pdx_m3s and jebinc
Can you order FSD with the CT?
Yes. All Founder’s Editions require you to pay for FSD as part of the $20k kicker/premium. However, just because you paid for it, does not mean you get it when the truck delivers. Currently, Tesla has prohibited FSD use on the Cybertruck, but states that will come in the future. Fact. There are reports it doesn’t come with working TACC either, but that’s unconfirmed.

Seriously, you can’t make this (sh)it up! It is true, however. 🥺

Last edited: