Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, they are really milking this cow, and eating the seed corn of good will from the early adopters.
IMG_9976.jpeg

I think they're just trying to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak - put up or shut up type approach. That said - it is a bit of a big ask considering you're literally buying entirely based on faith given we cannot even sit in or drive any of the CT demos that are available at various locations today. Seems out of kilter to me given we're talking about a six figure expenditure here.
More likely a cash flow management technique. Free money, no interest. Progress payment… 🤣

I think they're just trying to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak - put up or shut up type approach. That said - it is a bit of a big ask considering you're literally buying entirely based on faith given we cannot even sit in or drive any of the CT demos that are available at various locations today. Seems out of kilter to me given we're talking about a six figure expenditure here.

One degree of separation. From fools and their money. Like the Roadster 2 folks.

This remains to me the most unbelievable part of this whole rollout. I can’t understand the motivation.
It could be once you sit in it, you realize the view of the interior is rather unimpressive for the price point.

Best viewed from outside, in a lawn chair at a car show, watching other peoples reactions.

Windshield wiper blade: $75
Windshield wiper arm & blade: $165
Windshield glass: $1900
Front steering actuator: $3300
Shatterproof side windows: $200-$260
Powered frunk & fascia: $1910 + $935
Front fenders: $550/each
35" All-Terrain A/T tire (Goodyear Wrangler Territory RT (285/65R20): $470/each

These are cost for parts, not including labor or markup (for the case of the windshield through a glass repair company)

I don't think the Windshield is as bad as I thought it would be.