Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck production likely delayed....Post your best guess of WHEN for the record!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Website now shows 2022 vs end of 2021 for production. Think we all assumed this would be the case, but I was hoping they would ship a few trucks before end of 2021 to stay on original schedule.

Q2 2022 is my optimistic bet for when we see first deliveries.

Attachments

• 43213BF7-3CC6-4BEA-83DE-54AF02DB0283.jpeg
    43213BF7-3CC6-4BEA-83DE-54AF02DB0283.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 89
As more than a few have pointed out, it's all about the batteries. That means once they start production it'll be fast. Because some factory for the batteries will be completed and be churning them out at tremendous volumes. As three different companies have announced that they are test building the 4680s, I think it will be pretty sudden in somewhere between six and nine months.

Reactions: tren01t
Mid 2022 sounds about right... even q3 or early q4 would be ok since many of the e trucks aren't arriving until that time as well, Tesla with 1 mill + reserves and luxury of having so much demand doesn't need to be first to market...

but they do need to have a truck that once released it will be the greatest car tesla has ever made that puts all other e trucks to shame.. and i believe tesla is aiming to do that.

Y started shipping in March 2020 and picked up from there.
Assuming thats whats meant by ‘shipping start date’, my final answer on cybertruck delivery start date is July, 2022, 6 months behind original schedule.

I do not think Y is a priority product, its being built at 2 factories, soon to be 4. The word ‘priority’ was only inserted to somehow justify the cybertruck delays. The ‘redesigned’ Y again is just minor adjustments in the whole scheme of things, behind the scenes stuff that wont impact the marketability of the product. Everything hinges on the new batteries, thats certanly the top priority at the moment, and the man running the show knows how to solve problems others sweep under the rug.
The cybertruck is the top priority vehicle, and wont run as late as everyone assumes.

I going to say the end of 2022, by mid 2023 there will be an announcement that the CT in its current configuration is expensive to make and therefore is being redesigned to something that is more traditional, meaning no SS. Those lucky enough to get a CT in its current state will now have a limited production collectors item. Tesla will then take the $100 deposit and switch those orders to the new Truck or another Tesla or refund it (maybe).

I going to say the end of 2022, by mid 2023 there will be an announcement that the CT in its current configuration is expensive to make and therefore is being redesigned to something that is more traditional, meaning no SS. Those lucky enough to get a CT in its current state will now have a limited production collectors item. Tesla will then take the $100 deposit and switch those orders to the new Truck or another Tesla or refund it (maybe).
The truck was designed to be made cheaply. It's the battery dry rolling that is in question.

According to Elon it's a $1 million truck. I stick by my limited collectors truck prediction but we shall see. One thing is for sure, the price will not be the same as announced.
Any vehicle that you don't mass-produce is going to be many times more expensive to create without mass production. You can say that about any truck, or car.