Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Range Extend?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is the Range Extender. Can anyone else confirm. Just cool to know.

MqnGMZh.png

Found on the Cybertruck learn more page:

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I think it’s 43kWh, from Top Gear review.
Review says 50kWh.

IMG_9684.jpeg

Which is straightforward to calculate from the ratio of 470/340 assuming a 129kWh (aka 123kWh) pack (seems like lots of repeated data points confirming this but have to wait for EPA for final number). The extra weight of 600-800 pounds or whatever won’t have too much effect on efficiency, though maybe have to add a couple kWh capacity for that.

Reactions: scottf200
I'm wondering why they couldn't make the dash smaller, extending the bed and finding space underneath for this battery pack?

Has anyone seen a review on why the dash is so long? Is it because of the shape of the front windshield?

Last edited:
I think this is the Range Extender. Can anyone else confirm. Just cool to know.

MqnGMZh.png

Found on the Cybertruck learn more page:
Yep,
That's the generated image of the non-removeable, yet-to-be-built range extender occupying 1/3 of your 4x6 bed.
Word is that's a $16k block of battery.

Voila!
There's your 400+ mile range.

Yep,
That's the generated image of the non-removeable, yet-to-be-built range extender occupying 1/3 of your 4x6 bed.
Word is that's a $16k block of battery.

Voila!
There's your 400+ mile range.

Yeah, at an extra cost making the current price increases even higher. Thanks Elon for not giving us the prices and ranges you promised. But next time don't put out numbers you can't reach.

Table to visualize:

5YV8335[1].jpg

• Love
Reactions: Rocky_H and xAgyex
I am interested to see how it is cooled and secured, will there be any potential moisture intrusion issue and stability issue when towing with the its higher center of gravity and any load will be moving further to the end of the bed - causing the trailer to swing easily.

I had reserved the Tri-Motor at $70k because it was promised to have 500+ miles of range. Now it's $100k and only gets 320 miles of range. Plus, the payload on all the versions has been reduce by 1,000 pounds and the towing capacity was reduced by 3,000 pounds. This feels like a bait and switch knowing throwing out those initial numbers would get them millions of dollars in reservations, that they got to use interest free for 4 years, and made interest on our money.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
I had reserved the Tri-Motor at $70k because it was promised to have 500+ miles of range. Now it's $100k and only gets 320 miles of range. Plus, the payload on all the versions has been reduce by 1,000 pounds and the towing capacity was reduced by 3,000 pounds. This feels like a bait and switch knowing throwing out those initial numbers would get them millions of dollars in reservations, that they got to use interest free for 4 years, and made interest on our money.
well it worked 🤷‍♂️
Tesla thanks u for ur generous interest free loan😅

I am interested to see how it is cooled and secured, will there be any potential moisture intrusion issue and stability issue when towing with the its higher center of gravity and any load will be moving further to the end of the bed - causing the trailer to swing easily.
I doubt it will affect stability when towing. A lot of people have heavy Tool Boxes and even large Transfer Tanks and oversize Fuel Tanks in the Beds of Trucks and tow just fine. It will affect the payload capacity and could affect how much Trailer weight you can tow.

Reactions: Rocky_H