Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1639098561486.png

If these two agree, wisdom has been spoken.

An alternative way of looking at this for people who don’t own EVs yet is gasoline equivolents.

If you have 110v @ 15 amps, its roughly equal to someone putting 2 gallons of “gas” in your car every night.

110v @15 amps = 2 gallons
220v @15 amps = 4 gallons
220v @30 amps = 8 gallons
220v @60 amps = 16 gallons

Any day where the car/ Cybertruck is parked there all day doubles those numbers.

If you go through 50 gallons of gas a week in your truck, you are going to need 220v, likely at least 40 amps.

And Yes… I know this is deeply flawed. It’s just a rough idea.

220V x 60Amps= 13.2KW x 10 hours = 132KWh 1 gallon of gas = ~32 KWh 132/32 = 4 gallons. Then again, an EV is 3 times more efficient than a comparable ICE vehicle, so 4 x 3 = 12 gallons in an ICE vehicle. :)

Reactions: KJD
I am considering installing a NEMA outlet for charging my cybertruck. I have ready about the pros and cons of using a regular NEMA 14-50 outlet vs a wall charger. Does the wall charger plug directly into the wall outlet or does it get wired into something entirely different?

I am considering installing a NEMA outlet for charging my cybertruck. I have ready about the pros and cons of using a regular NEMA 14-50 outlet vs a wall charger. Does the wall charger plug directly into the wall outlet or does it get wired into something entirely different?
A Tesla wall charger is hard wired to an dedicated electrical outlet and breaker.
a 14/50 is a outlet that is a 220v outlet that a Tesla cord plugs into.

I’ve had both. Love my Wall Charger

Current mobile charger caps at 32 A. Wall charger caps at 48A. With the big battery on a CT, one should try to get the most Amp possible.

Reactions: henderrj and Ogre
Could be indicative of a further delay or it could have been updated since we are in 2022 now. No need to call out the year.

In any case I bet we get some updates from Elon and team on their next earnings call. Didn’t he tweet an update was coming this month?

Reactions: Ogre