Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

D-day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a day. Firstly, Heathrow by 12:30 was busy but not chaotic thanks to the number of Tesla staff on hand to respond to customers. They have clearly recruited up to handover a lot of cars. The handover is targeted at being a 15 minute event. A quick run through of getting the car set up with driving position and basic controls. My handover guy was very professional and courteous but the principle is, take the car now, inspect it over the next couple of days and report any issues and they will be fixed. While maybe unconventional, I'm actually ok with that.

I inspected my car in the car park and the main stuff looks good like panel gaps and interior but I noticed a couple of small scratches in the bonnet near the windscreem so reported this. Only about 4 cm long and only topcoat so almost certainly will be polished out. It is already scheduled for an SC visit in a few weeks.

One thing I noticed when I got the car, is the number plates don't sit that well in the holders so were sticking out at one end, which, for someone as curmodgeonly as me, is a big deal. You may notice this when you collect.

Otherwise the car is pretty awesome.

When I was in Wales later this afternoon I tried to rapid charge with Polar CCS connectors without success. The type 2 was ok so not an account issue. I would be interested to know if anyone else has problems charging M3 with Polar CCS.

Spot the difference:

View attachment 439031

View attachment 439032

Congrats!

What % was the car charged to on collection?

Hi Pistons Dead. Loved your Zero SR/F review. I am afraid after ordering the Model 3 performance I could only afford/justify ? The SuperSoco TC Max. Totally agree with the smile/bliss/fun factor of an electric motorbike on country roads. One of the best experiences, even with a 3-5 Kw engine !

Amazing - so glad you like the SuperSoco... It's a great little bike and pretty much perfect for darting across town or bimbling along country roads!

The problem with electric motorcycles isn't the bikes, it's getting 'bikers' to remove their prejudice and to swing a leg over them. I've seen hardened 'petrol heads' go from hatred to begrudged respect to £12k+ purchase in the space of a test ride!

Just out of interest, not ordered yet, still convincing wife :( I am in Leamington Spa where would a local pick up centre be? Also congrats to all who are collecting.

I sat in an M3 last year in Boston and I've wanted one since. Thanks :)
Pretty certain the closest one will be BIRMINGHAM, but they normally give you the choice of your two closest delivery locations when you order.

Be sure to use someone’s referral code when you order - it gives you and them 1000 free supercharger miles. Referral codes on this forum are in a person’s profile page, under the Information tab.

Pretty certain the closest one will be BIRMINGHAM, but they normally give you the choice of your two closest delivery locations when you order.

Be sure to use someone’s referral code when you order - it gives you and them 1000 free supercharger miles. Referral codes on this forum are in a person’s profile page, under the Information tab.

Thanks Roy! Thanks for that, yeah I will use a referral code. Want free miles! Just need to convince the wife now. May take some time. Also whilst I am trying. Where is the best place to trade in a car? I have a Merc E Class. Cheers and sorry to hijack the thread. :)

Thanks Roy! Thanks for that, yeah I will use a referral code. Want free miles! Just need to convince the wife now. May take some time. Also whilst I am trying. Where is the best place to trade in a car? I have a Merc E Class. Cheers and sorry to hijack the thread. :)

If you're already planning to trade in for a new car then don't forget the reduced cost of ownership of an electric car in your calculations. Running costs are typically 25% or less of equivalent mileage in petrol/diesel. That should help bring the wife round.