Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashboard Clock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm loving it as well. While I guess the Tesla News page is interesting to some, do you have plans for a "real" news page? Maybe rename your current news to "Tesla News" and set up another "News" page with headlines from a few top sources?

@ibcs - Good suggestion. I have been wrestling with having things update automatically and be potentially distracting rather than asking the user to update. Any thoughts? In the meantime, you can just touch 'stocks' again to have it update...

@JoshG — Understood. What would be your top three news sources?

@ibcs - Good suggestion. I have been wrestling with having things update automatically and be potentially distracting rather than asking the user to update. Any thoughts? In the meantime, you can just touch 'stocks' again to have it update...

How about the Duke Chronicle, Duke Basketball Report, etc. (Just a little Chapel Hill dig :tongue:)

CNN would be my news outlet of choice (I'd say MSNBC, but I don't want to give away my politics...guess I just did!).

I's go with
NPR News (News: U.S. and World News Headlines : NPR)
Wall Street Journal

Doe anyone know when it will be possible to get access to some kind of API/Toolkit to develop custom apps which can be lanched on the dashboard itself?

- - - Updated - - -

Doe anyone know when it will be possible to get access to some kind of API/Toolkit to develop custom apps which can be lanched on the dashboard itself?

This was announced previously (in 2011, IIRC) but I haven't heard anything about it from Tesla since deliveries began.

What i recall is that at the time it was stated it would be at least a year after deliveries start before this would be enabled. I'd start the first year count at the start of the 400 cars-per-week-deliveries rather than at the time the very first were delivered to customers.

I doubt that the API toolkit will ever be released. Too much room for mischief. Just look at the trouble from NYT article by someone who wanted to cause controversy. The sim card or API toolkit would likely allow easy hacking and make the car a 4700 pound weapon.

I doubt that the API toolkit will ever be released. Too much room for mischief. Just look at the trouble from NYT article by someone who wanted to cause controversy. The sim card or API toolkit would likely allow easy hacking and make the car a 4700 pound weapon.
I've always assumed their intent was not to allow the API to interact with driving mechanics of the vehicle (such as acceleration, regen, or braking) but rather to allow for media, charging station info, etc. Right on the "hm" line for me is stuff like panaromic roof positioning.