Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decreased Distance with 28.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes this form makes me lose faith in humanity. We have some of the most persnickety vehicle owners in history present on this forum. I get it, these aren't cheap cars and he want everything to be perfect, but this is the real world and sometimes they aren't.

Getting jelly over somebody else receiving an update before you is just ridiculous IMHO. I'm still on the "obsolete" version with thousands of others; I'm sure it will come at some point.

On the subject of the OP complaint, there's such a
thing as Conservation of Matter, at least on our day
to day scale, barring nookular reactions.

Whatever the software displays, the car components
aren't vaporizing. The wheels, the motor(s) and the
batteries aren't being beamed out to Mars. Y'all worried
people, just relax a bit. It's all still there. The charging
protocol and the displayed (estimated) miles will change
back and forth without anyone "lying".

Sometimes this form makes me lose faith in humanity. We have some of the most persnickety vehicle owners in history present on this forum. I get it, these aren't cheap cars and he want everything to be perfect, but this is the real world and sometimes they aren't.

Getting jelly over somebody else receiving an update before you is just ridiculous IMHO. I'm still on the "obsolete" version with thousands of others; I'm sure it will come at some point.
Hyperbole much? It's not that someone else got the update before you, it's that the CEO of Tesla on multiple occasions has said FSD purchasers from back when would get in the Early Access Program, he even had a tweet responding to someone asking about it and he said he would take care of it. No car is perfect, but there are things Tesla can do AT NO COST to keep their customers happy and to uphold the promises they made.

As for the OP, well Tesla doesn't really share much about how much battery degradation you are getting, and sometimes what appears to be battery degradation is actually just the system not calibrated to your battery based on how you charge it, at least for the Model 3. There are different issues with older Model S/X cars that is a whole different other story.

I think you're right but there's still dots on the regen bar till ~85% in my car, though I've never seen the green regen bar go all the way to the left. Wonder if that's possible!

I have the new software and I have decent range. My 30 mile commute home today was pretty ok.
Not sure if anyone responded to your post but the M3P + & - will turn on full regen.

Starting around version 24 my range has had more variability and hysteresis than ever. After night time charges my next morning range fluctuates by more than 14 miles with the same settings. I lose about 10-15 miles of range while parked at work for 7 to 9 hours even though I don't use overheat protection or sentry AND my car is asleep the whole time. I hope Tesla settles down with the range permutations in the firmware soon. The only good news is that my 100% range is still pretty high 34K miles later. The bad news is that I can't really trust the range very closely because it's constantly changing for no apparent reason.

Hyperbole much? It's not that someone else got the update before you, it's that the CEO of Tesla on multiple occasions has said FSD purchasers from back when would get in the Early Access Program, he even had a tweet responding to someone asking about it and he said he would take care of it. No car is perfect, but there are things Tesla can do AT NO COST to keep their customers happy and to uphold the promises they made.

As for the OP, well Tesla doesn't really share much about how much battery degradation you are getting, and sometimes what appears to be battery degradation is actually just the system not calibrated to your battery based on how you charge it, at least for the Model 3. There are different issues with older Model S/X cars that is a whole different other story.

Ya, we know. You’ve whined about this over and over again.
Take this to Tesla, and save us all the repetitive whining.

Seems you’re “misery likes company” focused, and that’s why you just keep going on and on.

The 'ignore' function really does work wonders.

Reactions: TomB985
Ya, we know. You’ve whined about this over and over again.
Take this to Tesla, and save us all the repetitive whining.

Seems you’re “misery likes company” focused, and that’s why you just keep going on and on.
Typical response on this forum, someone has an ongoing issue with Tesla and they're now a whiner, like Tesla can do no wrong.

Last edited:
I would not call a Tweet a promise. In fact Musk uses Tweeter to "think out loud". Also there is NO TIME line given in this so CALLED promise. So if you get in in a year it is still a promise kept. Also it is an ambiguous Tweet saying "Priority/early accuses". Open to interpretation as to what it means but you think it means "early updates".

View attachment 443350

You could read that Tweet as FSD owners will get FSD Beta features first. Duh.

I just downloaded 28.2 on Friday........I charged to 100% for the first time in 3,000 miles on Sunday......my wife has driven the car and today I went to Sams and noticed that I was using 299 wh/mi where I have normally with 24.4.4 used 279 wh/mi......I have used 35kWh, 120.4 miles and have 135 miles left.......is this something I should be worried about?

Those with 28.2, have you noticed and change in usage?

thanks
I have an R1200GS and model 3 too!

Damnnnnn...it was the upgrade. Fully charged, I would have 322 miles. Now it is 315. My LR RWD has 27k on it.

My LR RWD charged to 308 when new (March 2018). Then when it was announced we'd get a bit of a boost, I never got around to charging it to 100% to see what my new max was. More recently (on 28.2) I charged to 100% since there was so much chatter about reduced range. I got 308.

So maybe I had more range at some point and then it got reduced. Or It's been 308 all this time. If my car is a little less prone to spontaneous combustion, I'll take it.

Reactions: moonfresh
I guess Elon was right, those of us who purchased FSD a long time ago get priority access. Looking at the remaining 37.8% of those on 2019.24.4, fully paid up for FSD, "all in" on Tesla, purchased the most expensive Tesla Model 3 you could possibly purchase (save white interior, yuck) and yet still on 2019.24.4. On good wi-fi, car rebooted, sitting parked and fully charged yet no update, nothing. Elon was right, we just have to imagine that we get what we paid for. Reality distortion field, indeed.

I guess Elon was right, those of us who purchased FSD a long time ago get priority access. Looking at the remaining 37.8% of those on 2019.24.4, fully paid up for FSD, "all in" on Tesla, purchased the most expensive Tesla Model 3 you could possibly purchase (save white interior, yuck) and yet still on 2019.24.4. On good wi-fi, car rebooted, sitting parked and fully charged yet no update, nothing. Elon was right, we just have to imagine that we get what we paid for. Reality distortion field, indeed.

Can Someone PLEASE give pscarroll a hug, and validate his concerns so this never ending rant can finally end.