TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Step by Step How To Check If You Have HW3 (Physically)

Discussion in 'Autopilot & Autonomous/FSD' started by Trevorlaird, Jan 7, 2020.

1. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

What are you saying?

2. Radlaw

Radlaw Member

Or you can just contact Tesla, and they'll tell you. I did. A little simpler!

3. serendipitous

serendipitous Member

I think what's confusing people is that the Tesla API (and in turn, TeslaFi) shows the option codes for cars. In that string you'll see APH3, which means HW2.5. However, EVERY CAR shows the same option string. It says my Model S is a Model 3 with APH3 - the string is meaningless as of some time in the last year or so. Ignore it - every entry in that string is false, meaningless, placeholder garbage.

If you see cones, you have HW3. Period.

And the cutover date is NOT April of 2019 as people have said. Tesla has found batches or used refurbed parts or for whatever reason has continued to install HW2.5 computers in cars as recently as September 2019 or even beyond. It seems they at least tried to do this only when the car wasn't ordered with FSD, and seemingly only in Model 3, but it's happened.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. ANTHONY.

ANTHONY. New Member

I live in Belgium and I have cones on my instrument panel. Bought my X Raven end of 2019, so HW3 I guess? :D

5. Kevy Baby

Kevy Baby Dis-Member

Yes
    Oui
    Ja

6. kkillebrew

kkillebrew Banned

My MS was manufactured April 2019, I bought it during the May 2019 inventory sale with FSD and it was delivered with HW3. For some reason Tesla did not know this as they scheduled me for an upgrade only to discover, after a phone call to Freemont, that HW3 was factory installed, and that there were a number of these produced in April before the Raven release. Knowing many newer cars were coming with HW2.5 I asked if the board was an old revision or something, and was told no just an early install to test within the fleet.

I've been seeing cones since the beginning and have had no FSD anomalies beyond those documented by everyone.

7. asmenter15

asmenter15 New Member

Just wanted to mention that there is a setting in Software -> Additional Vehicle Details now that actually states the AP computer you have.
    And a little side note, I see cones now and am currently on HW2.5 (I have the FSD package as well)

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. intelligator

intelligator Member

11/2018 build, HW2.5, EAP, FSD, cones, lots of them :)

9. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Btw, if you have TeslaFi, please verify/set your AP version. Many users haven’t and the stats are reporting 2.5 for cars that are obviously HW3. Thanks!

• Like x 1
  10. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

Or just use the screen under vehicle info.