Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay in getting Autosteer/AutoPark and Rain Sensing Wipers - We are owed a Refund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally, I don't want a refund for the cost of EAP. I want punitive damages. I don't like being defrauded. Contacting Tesla is pointless, since they cannot do a thing to rectify the situation -- one can't make the false true.

To that end, I've contacted the FTC. And I will keep you posted.

I actually laughed out loud when I read your post... You haven't been defrauded at all. When anyone with AP2 hardware bought the car Tesla was very clear that the functionality would come over time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but TESLA hasn't committed publicly to a time frame. Elon has tweeted about various things but that doesn't have any bearing on how the corporation itself has communicated the availability of functionalities and timelines.

You're going to need a lot more ammunition if you think the FTC is going to act on your complaint...

Separately, anyone with an AP2 hardware car has every reasonable reason to be aggravated/annoyed/upset at how long it's taken Tesla to deliver on the features as sold with the car. AP1 hardware cars waited over a year, or around a year something like the that, for auto steer to come and there were some very upset customers and rightly so. I say this because I don't want people accusing me of being a fanboy or any crap like that. I firmly believe someone needs to sit Elon down and explain to him that this crap isn't going to fly as the company matures and it's time Tesla stops announcing/selling/championing things until they're fully ready to be released.

Jeff

I actually laughed out loud when I read your post... You haven't been defrauded at all. When anyone with AP2 hardware bought the car Tesla was very clear that the functionality would come over time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but TESLA hasn't committed publicly to a time frame. Elon has tweeted about various things but that doesn't have any bearing on how the corporation itself has communicated the availability of functionalities and timelines.

You're going to need a lot more ammunition if you think the FTC is going to act on your complaint...

Separately, anyone with an AP2 hardware car has every reasonable reason to be aggravated/annoyed/upset at how long it's taken Tesla to deliver on the features as sold with the car. AP1 hardware cars waited over a year, or around a year something like the that, for auto steer to come and there were some very upset customers and rightly so. I say this because I don't want people accusing me of being a fanboy or any crap like that. I firmly believe someone needs to sit Elon down and explain to him that this crap isn't going to fly as the company matures and it's time Tesla stops announcing/selling/championing things until they're fully ready to be released.

Jeff
LOL. Hope you feel better after that.

Indeed I do. How's your bogus FTC complaint coming along?

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

To be clear, I was thrilled to read another one of your bloviating posts! I apologize if my enjoyment didn't come across in my earlier reply. Es tut mir leid! Although, I'm sure the fellow whose X is presently a nightmare for him and is pursuing a lemon law claim enjoys the respite from your steely gaze.

My bogus claim? Ouch! Did you cut and paste? Anyway, I'm happy to update you. The FTC has heard multiple complaints regarding EAP -- that is to say, it's in their database as a nascent issue (look it up, it doesn't mean "bogus" -- LOL!). As flattered as I am that you think that I think myself so powerful (transference? projection? I tingle to consider!) to motivate action with a single complaint, I can assure you I had no such delusions! But yet so on still, you never can know (well, maybe you can. I'm but a simple man with apparently outrageous standards. The inner turmoil, to ponder!) whether your vote can be the one to elect the orangutang.

Call me!

xo

I actually laughed out loud when I read your post... You haven't been defrauded at all. When anyone with AP2 hardware bought the car Tesla was very clear that the functionality would come over time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but TESLA hasn't committed publicly to a time frame.
Here you go!

"In December 2016"
IMG_1014.JPG

Ive used the auto parallel park once and it worked great.

Completely agree on rain sensors and also what about auto high beams? This is tech that has been around for a while now, I don't understand what is so hard about having those two features.

Because some idiot thought that saving $50 on a sensor and using a camera instead that is used for everything else was a smart idea... Not!

• Funny
Reactions: NerdUno and xborg
Personally, I don't want a refund for the cost of EAP. I want punitive damages. I don't like being defrauded. Contacting Tesla is pointless, since they cannot do a thing to rectify the situation -- one can't make the false true.

To that end, I've contacted the FTC. And I will keep you posted.

I wrote a letter asking for a refund on FSD & AP2 but it was just ignored. I followed up with an email to my rep and that was ignored as well. Not even a simple phone call. This company has went from being great to pretty poor is just a short period of time.

Here you go!
"In December 2016"
Here you go!
"is expected to"
expected
1. a. To look forward to the probable occurrence or appearance of:

Maybe you mistook it for
"guaranteed"?
guaranteed
a.
A promise or assurance, especially one given in writing, that attests to the quality or durability of a product or service.
b. A pledge that something will be performed in a specified manner.

Hi Jeff,

To be clear, I was thrilled to read another one of your bloviating posts! I apologize if my enjoyment didn't come across in my earlier reply. Es tut mir leid! Although, I'm sure the fellow whose X is presently a nightmare for him and is pursuing a lemon law claim enjoys the respite from your steely gaze.

My bogus claim? Ouch! Did you cut and paste? Anyway, I'm happy to update you. The FTC has heard multiple complaints regarding EAP -- that is to say, it's in their database as a nascent issue (look it up, it doesn't mean "bogus" -- LOL!). As flattered as I am that you think that I think myself so powerful (transference? projection? I tingle to consider!) to motivate action with a single complaint, I can assure you I had no such delusions! But yet so on still, you never can know (well, maybe you can. I'm but a simple man with apparently outrageous standards. The inner turmoil, to ponder!) whether your vote can be the one to elect the orangutang.

Call me!

xo

Ah... I see, reading comprehension isn't your friend but I do appreciate the secondary language understanding. German is a great language to know...

My post(s) in the other thread you're referencing have nothing to do with this thread so please do not try to drag them together. And yes your complaint to the FTC, as well as all of the others, are completely bogus and without merit but I realize it makes people feel good to believe they are being heard. If you had been around long enough you'd know that we went through this same song and dance when AP1 came out...

Jeff

Reactions: CanuckS#69
I wrote a letter asking for a refund on FSD & AP2 but it was just ignored. I followed up with an email to my rep and that was ignored as well. Not even a simple phone call. This company has went from being great to pretty poor is just a short period of time.

Wait, what? Because Tesla didn't respond to your ridiculous request you have now dropped them from "being great to pretty poor"? There are just some customers Tesla could do without...

Jeff

Reactions: CanuckS#69
Here you go!
"is expected to"
expected

Maybe you mistook it for
"guaranteed"?
guaranteed
a.
A promise or assurance, especially one given in writing, that attests to the quality or durability of a product or service.

Beat me to it... :)

Jeff

What is certainly clear is that Mobileye was a huge part of the overall Tesla experience.
I've had a great Tesla experience since 2013 and I don't have any MobilEye technology in my car. Rain sensing works just fine!

I'm honestly surprised that Tesla sells features that are not yet available. Why sell EAP when it's not ready?
Simple: Tesla wants as much of our money up front as possible. Tesla has always been this way. They sell a future promise to a bunch of early adopters and then use that money to develop the promise. If two-thirds of Tesla's 25,000 quarterly deliveries ordered EAP for $3,000, that's over $50 MILLION Tesla now has to spend on development that they wouldn't otherwise have. That's just one quarter of sales. After two quarters Tesla has $100M to spend. Most of Autopilot development involves data fees, data crunching, and human software engineering manpower. I would find it difficult to believe that Tesla's AP development would cost anywhere close to $50M-$100M.

Reactions: calisnow and DaveT
Simple: Tesla wants as much of our money up front as possible. Tesla has always been this way. They sell a future promise to a bunch of early adopters and then use that money to develop the promise. If two-thirds of Tesla's 25,000 quarterly deliveries ordered EAP for $3,000, that's over $50 MILLION Tesla now has to spend on development that they wouldn't otherwise have. That's just one quarter of sales. After two quarters Tesla has $100M to spend. Most of Autopilot development involves data fees, data crunching, and human software engineering manpower. I would find it difficult to believe that Tesla's AP development would cost anywhere close to $50M-$100M.

Yeah, I do get that financial incentive (I believe EAP is $5000, so it's closer to $85M/quarter using your assumptions, and possibly even higher as the take rate on EAP is likely more than two thirds). But I would have expected that at this point in Tesla's life cycle, they would not be planning to be their own Kickstarter. Or, at the very least, they shouldn't be. The buyer base is now clearly beyond the early adopters willing to wait indefinitely.

Wait, what? Because Tesla didn't respond to your ridiculous request you have now dropped them from "being great to pretty poor"? There are just some customers Tesla could do without...

Jeff
Take your Blinders off. Tesla service is on its way down. Quality control is also on its way down. They can't deliver on their promises and then ignore you when you question them. My brand new car now less than 3 months old needs the side mirror replaced, has wind noise from the closed sun roof and constant rattles from somewhere is the dash. I am still waiting for my automatic high beans promised to me in December, still have no automatic wipers and I was only given AP2 that is too slow to activate and if I drive slow to try it, it veers me into the sidewalk. Yes, this is real good stuff that they should be proud.

Take your Blinders off. Tesla service is on its way down. Quality control is also on its way down. They can't deliver on their promises and then ignore you when you question them. My brand new car now less than 3 months old needs the side mirror replaced, has wind noise from the closed sun roof and constant rattles from somewhere is the dash. I am still waiting for my automatic high beans promised to me in December, still have no automatic wipers and I was only given AP2 that is too slow to activate and if I drive slow to try it, it veers me into the sidewalk. Yes, this is real good stuff that they should be proud.

Take my blinders off? LOL... Again that's all I can do is just laugh back in return... Clearly you aren't that familiar with Tesla, or it's history, to understand why your post is comical to someone like me who has been around since before the Model S was even delivered...

Jeff

Take my blinders off? LOL... Again that's all I can do is just laugh back in return... Clearly you aren't that familiar with Tesla, or it's history, to understand why your post is comical to someone like me who has been around since before the Model S was even delivered...

Jeff

So if they had poor releases in the past with AP1, Then you find it acceptable that they dont learn from their mistakes instead of following the same mistakes? This is not good service... This is poor service. What they have released is a joke and is dangerous.

Reactions: Max*
Beat me to it... :)

Jeff
Here you go!
"is expected to"
expected

Maybe you mistook it for
"guaranteed"?
guaranteed
a.
That you view as some grand triumph the fact that likelihood is an element of expectation is hilarious (although not surprising).

"But it wasn't a guarantee!" is not a defense of failure to meet expectations. It is not absolution.

Reactions: Max*