Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay in model X launch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before the Tesla conference call I might have "known", but it seemed to confirm so much of what Eds said that now I don't.

Then perhaps you weren't reading/remembering well enough my Finnish friend, I think you're smart enough to have understood the CC statements. Sorry, for all your word tricks I'm not going to enable this any further. If you want to crucify the guy whether he's right or wrong, you're going to have to do it on your own.

I have no interest in hurting the OP, never have. I am one of the few people who have considered his views respectfully. I don't think they are realistically identifiable by a continued discussion, nor do I think the continued discussion would make OPs sins (if any) or consequences for OP any bigger.

As always, my interest is an ever-evolving discussion of Model X where we gain incrementally better understanding each step of the way. Analysis of Tesla CC on suppliers and Eds alleged leaks are relevant to that.

The only party I see benefiting from silencing this discussion is Tesla. Which of course could be fair if it is completely inaccurate, but I for one don't know if it is (and the CC didn't help) - hence the discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

You stole my thought bubble. Stop that! :)

I agree - I didn't hear anything to indicate that they were working on design issues, only supplier issues.

Eds said they are still doing design changes to some components as they are realizing post RC1 build that they have significant number of challenges.

Elon on CC said challenges "can range from force majeure to simply having to redo a design because the initial design was wrong".

I'd hardly dismiss Eds with smileys and thought bubbles over that characterization.

Eds said they are still doing design changes to some components as they are realizing post RC1 build that they have significant number of challenges.

Elon on CC said challenges "can range from force majeure to simply having to redo a design because the initial design was wrong".

I'd hardly dismiss Eds with smileys and thought bubbles over that characterization.

You need to work on your reading comprehension :). I was specifically talking about what Elon said on the conference call. I don't really care what the OP said or didn't say at this point (though I suspect he does, since his job, if not already lost, might hinge on it - especially if certain people keep rehashing it).

Again, I don't care if the OP was talking about supplier issues. Anything he might have said has zero bearing on what I heard on the conference call.

You need to work on your reading comprehension :). I was specifically talking about what Elon said on the conference call. I don't really care what the OP said or didn't say at this point (though I suspect he does, since his job, if not already lost, might hinge on it - especially if certain people keep rehashing it).

Again, I don't care if the OP was talking about supplier issues. Anything he might have said has zero bearing on what I heard on the conference call.

Well, contrary to your post, there you have design changes in the CC mentioned.

Given a private communication from Eds, I am comfortable his/her silence is self-selected and he/she might be back later this year to reflect on what really went down. I don't see any realistic reason why OP would benefit from us not discussing this further, especially now that all public identifying information has been stripped anyway (to the extend Interner allows of course). To be clear, I do not know what Tesla and what OP asked to remove, if any, and with the Orwellian editorializing going on it is hard to keep track.

The attempts to dismiss OP and silence this thread seem to hinge on something quite separate from guarding OP's interests here.

Well, contrary to your post, there you have design changes in the CC mentioned.

Given a private communication from Eds, I am comfortable his/her silence is self-selected and he/she might be back later this year to reflect on what really went down. I don't see any realistic reason why OP would benefit from us not discussing this further, especially now that all public identifying information has been stripped anyway (to the extend Interner allows of course). To be clear, I do not know what Tesla and what OP asked to remove, if any, and with the Orwellian editorializing going on it is hard to keep track.

The attempts to dismiss OP and silence this thread seem to hinge on something quite separate from guarding OP's interests here.

Ahh yes, I'm reminded again. I didn't dismiss anyone, I said I didn't care and that was not who I was referring to. What he did or didn't say has nothing to do with my post. Twist the words, I know 'words are hard'. But the facts remain the facts. And speculation is exactly that.

I think it's lovely that someone fighting for their job is pm'ing you AND you feel the need to announce that on the forum. I'm sure he appreciates that!

- - - Updated - - -

And I find it amusing that while accusing others of being dismissive, you dismiss me and others with comments implying there are other interests at work. I finally stopped replying to you in the past because of the continued musings of my motivations, instead of discussion about topics. And here we are again. Hopefully I've learned my lesson this time.

One anonymous person sends a secret message to another anonymous person and editorializing here at anonymous person's request is "Orwellian"?? You crack me up, AR. Thank you :-D

I think it needs to be noted there is a fairly vocal pro-Tesla the company contingent on TMC, hence the site has a fairly high tendency of self-censorship/editorializing as well (the continuously changing topics one main example). So hard to say how much Tesla the company affects things in general - or how little.

Wow. Didn't know. Thanks for pointing out again that you are the lone voice of reason among a sea of lemmings.

Sudden major concern for OPs job when previously all he got was ridicule, dismissal and comments pointing at stuff identifying him/her from the same people who are now concerned?

I find that somehow implausible. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh yes, I'm reminded again. I didn't dismiss anyone, I said I didn't care and that was not who I was referring to. What he did or didn't say has nothing to do with my post. Twist the words, I know 'words are hard'. But the facts remain the facts. And speculation is exactly that.

You ignored my point, though. Elon did mention design changes:

bonnie said:
I didn't hear anything to indicate that they were working on design issues, only supplier issues.

Elon Musk CC said:
unexpected challenges which can range from force majeure to simply having to redo a design because the initial design was wrong

Now, it is of course possible you didn't hear Elon say that - but can you at least now acknowledge he did? Or are you saying Matias' quote is wrong?

We agree to disagree on the perspective issues, of course. If we could at least agree on those facts you too see so keen on.

TMC is a discussion board, not a gossip board.

This makes no sense to me. Is it not gossip when we're discussing exciting rumors or speculating on new releases/features? When someone posts a thread sharing info they heard from a rep at a SC? Should that not happen here either?

TMC is a forum, a place for discussion whether it be good or bad -- fact or rumor. Everyone here is free to choose which discussions they do or do not take part in.

Wow. Didn't know. Thanks for pointing out again that you are the lone voice of reason among a sea of lemmings.

Judging by this thread, I'm hardly alone in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

This makes no sense to me. Is it not gossip when we're discussing exciting rumors or speculating on new releases/features? When someone posts a thread sharing info they heard from a rep at a SC? Should that not happen here either?

TMC is a forum, a place for discussion whether it be good or bad -- fact or rumor. Everyone here is free to choose which discussions they do or do not take part in.

I know this is an unpopular opinion by some, but I still offer my opinion that gossip seems to turn into unwanted when it might reflect badly on Tesla the company. This rarely happens when gossip has the reverse effect or pointed at competition. Same with criticism.

Obviously my opinion is that as a community we would do well to consider all gossip fairly - and of course determine which is believable and which is not - wholly independent on whether or not some company might like it.

Sudden major concern for OPs job when previously all he got was ridicule, dismissal and comments pointing at stuff identifying him/her from the same people who are now concerned?

I don't recall any 'ridicule' but being concerned for someone else's livelihood generally comes under the heading of social etiquette.

I find that somehow implausible. :)

Implausibly AR, you're apparently now the one with inside info that you're not sharing. :)

I don't recall any 'ridicule'...

Just from the first pages :

You should probably cover your short.

No, because what you're selling is more suited to the bears and shorters on Seeking Alpha than the intelligent people around here... most of whom drive the truth daily.

Lame-sauce.

You mean, back to Seeking Alpha. Extend my regards to Anton. :tongue:

Eds, ... It's okay if you're just Seeking Beta.

Seems like ridicule and out of hand dismissal to me.

We're discussing it now, aren't we?

I read "removed per request of poster". Why did Eds want his posts removed? I'm sure curious but as they say in the movies "something doesn't smell right". Elon said publicly two days ago that MX is on track, there was some ambiguity as to the ramp up phase but there is no way to interpret what he said as compatible with what Eds posted initially.

In my book the difference between gossip and rumor is very slim. The way I understand it gossip is usually a more negative connotation, not necessarily due to the actual information but more due to its potential to do damage. In this case likely both to Eds and Tesla Motors. (Kind of like the difference between the words opportunity, possibility and risk - they all refer to something that may or may not occur but ranges from positive to neutral to negative in tone).

Sounds like Eds was a disgruntled worker, who took some insider discussion/knowledge and tainted it with his own negativity and posted it here on TMC. I don't think he broke and TMC rules, but he likely broke an NDA either signed by him or his employer. I'm sure Tesla Legal felt that due to the NDA, they were in their right to request a take-down on TMC.

Of course, this is all speculation (like most everything else on this forum). To be honest, I haven't followed this thread very closely because it seemed to me that Eds wasn't objective (he clearly sounded like someone with an axe to grind) and hence I didn't feel like I could trust his posts. I left it up to AR to see if he could filter out some truth from his posts.

Of course Tesla is going to spin the Model-X release as a victory. They had planned that from the start and thats what they would do for all their releases. They are going to focus on the positives of the Model-X and try to minimize the fact that this vehicle is 2+ years delayed. They have effectively said it was going to be delayed again on the last conference call, since previously they said it would be revealed at the end of summer (September 22) and now they say the end of the month (September 30?). That's around 1 week, so no big harm. After 2+ years, we're used to these delays.

I've refrained from posting to this thread, but I wanted to throw my 2 cents in before it died (wishful thinking?)

I refer to rolling eyes and Googling on this thread, other threads discussing OPs identity and dismissing his claims through information from Tesla.

Back to topic, dismissing OP seemed quite a bit more plausible, too, before Elon babbled on - honestly it seems, and that's good - on the CC. After what Tesla reportedly told bonnie a few days prior, that was the last thing I expected to hear on the CC. Yeah, it did surprise me how well what Elon said on CC matched what OP told us. And *I* kept an open mind already. :) Live an learn.

Now, lest it not be unclear, I agree the <100 cars shipped to customers this year was OPs conjecture since he/she possibly couldn't know and we can't confirm that through CC either, although with the -5000 to projected range, it isn't impossible.

It remains to be seen how inaccurate or accurate the OP was, overall, in the end.