Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay in model X launch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe Eds became more irate later on (I don't remember it being so, but I didn't follow the whole saga across the various threads), but if he did, I'd imagine these choice quotes (and the similar sentiments that followed) from the first two pages of this very thread didn't help:

You should probably cover your short.

Should prolly just lock this thread before it gets out of hand.

No, because what you're selling is more suited to the bears and shorters on Seeking Alpha than the intelligent people around here... most of whom drive the truth daily.

@Eds, what is your source for the assertions you are posting as fact?
I think you are just making stuff up to stir things up here. You just joined TMC an hour ago...

Obvious shorting here:

1. Joined Today
2. Leading question as first comment
3. Reply copy and pasted from program of choice as a response to the obvious replies

Lame-sauce.

Liar, liar, pants alight...
Hey!
Liar!
Leave TSLA alone!

...just sayin.

Even if they manage some hail mary and get 800-1,000 delivered by year's end, I'll just see it the same way I saw them opening the design studio at 11:59 PM PST of the last day of their deadline... Scrambling to cover the truth (and in a half-assed way).

What most frustrated me was the rushing put on sigs to configure and lock in when they knew darn well nothing was going out the door for months (and if they didn't, then perhaps Eds should've been hired as their in-house psychic consultant)

At this rate, that would be one HELL of a hail Mary. I'm not convinced a single Sig will be delivered.

(But my S will be -- on Tuesday! Oh, I know that's a bit crappy, but I'm too excited to care... :tongue:)

Maybe Eds became more irate later on (I don't remember it being so, but I didn't follow the whole saga across the various threads), but if he did, I'd imagine these choice quotes (and the similar sentiments that followed) from the first two pages of this very thread didn't help

You know, I have to admit that I was also initially quite skeptical of Eds, but that was because his first post was generally vague, and his second became contentious and very specific (in hindsight, accurately so). When he changed his location from Newark, CA (his main mistake) to Germany was when I called him out, but also when I suddenly began to believe he might have some insight.

I made the same mistake with the CAD leak, which I called out for being "fake" despite it apparently being quite real. I learned my lesson, which is this: I'm an idiot.

My change has been to just keep my big monkey mouth shut about this kind of thing and stick to what I do best, which is, um.. keep my big monkey mouth shut.

I made the same mistake with the CAD leak, which I called out for being "fake" despite it apparently being quite real. I learned my lesson, which is this: I'm an idiot.

I don't think that's the lesson. Folks here (myself often included) tend to be huge Tesla fans, and the first reaction to posts we don't like is to reject them rather than to keep an open mind. This happens way too often here, and the rejection of such posts is often carried out in ways that do not reflect well on those doing the rejecting.

Red flags or not, it's wise to attack the logic and content of these posts (or even better, to consider them with an open mind) rather than to lash out. If that's too tedious or one tires of responding to those espousing views with which (s)he disagrees, then clamping one's mouth shut serves just as well. Tends to keep the egg from collecting too thickly on one's face.

I don't think that's the lesson. Folks here (myself often included) tend to be huge Tesla fans, and the first reaction to posts we don't like is to reject them rather than to keep an open mind. This happens way too often here, and the rejection of such posts is often carried out in ways that do not reflect well on those doing the rejecting.

Red flags or not, it's wise to attack the logic and content of these posts (or even better, to consider them with an open mind) rather than to lash out. If that's too tedious or one tires of responding to those espousing views with which (s)he disagrees, then clamping one's mouth shut serves just as well. Tends to keep the egg from collecting too thickly on one's face.

BINGO (IMO anyway)

Maybe Eds became more irate later on (I don't remember it being so, but I didn't follow the whole saga across the various threads), but if he did, I'd imagine these choice quotes (and the similar sentiments that followed) from the first two pages of this very thread didn't help:

...just sayin.

These comments were a reaction to the way he started the thread, not the information he was posting. Eds only has himself to blame for the way people reacted, or rather the assumptions people made.

Last edited:
Eds tried to argue from authority, and seemed to have a huge ego when challenged. His final post was something to the effect of "I'd stay and post more but I have to go deal with the Greek financial crises." He rubbed a lot of people, including myself, the wrong way. He did seem to have information from a parts supplier for Tesla though.

The big one was 100 or fewer X in 2015 due to supplier ramp issues.

That one wasn't in this thread, and I still think that was more supposition than fact. That said, the gist may have been spot on.

Yes. The heavy-handed actions by Tesla's slimy lawyers were an affront to the free flow of information and must be punished. I will continue to cast spells to resurrect the ghost of Eds :scared:

...yeah, not really on board with the "protect Tesla!" movement, especially when it's at odds with the protect the consumer movement.

Yes. The heavy-handed actions by Tesla's slimy lawyers were an affront to the free flow of information and must be punished. I will continue to cast spells to resurrect the ghost of Eds :scared:

If I recall correctly, EdS requested that his posts be removed, probably in an attempt to keep his job. So unless HE was a Tesla lawyer, this is probably incorrect. :)

If I recall correctly, EdS requested that his posts be removed, probably in an attempt to keep his job. So unless HE was a Tesla lawyer, this is probably incorrect. :)

Some of Eds' posts were deleted at Eds' request. I distinctly remember the main post having a statement to the extent of: "removed at the request of Tesla legal" -- the same generic statement used when someone posted leaked CAD images of Model X awhile ago.

Does anyone have screen captures? It is entirely possible that my memory is faulty on this.

Some of Eds' posts were deleted at Eds' request. I distinctly remember the main post having a statement to the extent of: "removed at the request of Tesla legal" -- the same generic statement used when someone posted leaked CAD images of Model X awhile ago.

Does anyone have screen captures? It is entirely possible that my memory is faulty on this.

There was some confusion 'behind the scenes' as to what message should be put up & incorrectly assigned to Tesla Legal on the first round. The error was corrected quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

First post in this thread: Delay in model X launch?

There was some confusion 'behind the scenes' as to what message should be put up & incorrectly assigned to Tesla Legal on the first round. The error was corrected quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

First post in this thread: Delay in model X launch?

Ah ok. I must have seen the original "deleted" message before it was changed. Thanks for clarifying.