Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay in model X launch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The big one was 100 or fewer X in 2015 due to supplier ramp issues.

The other thing he said that we all talked a great deal about what that the early cars would be of compromised quality and would lack features that would come later. Frankly, that was more inflammatory to me than the notion that Tesla might not hit the fat part of the production ramp until the very end of the year (meaning a few deliveries in 2015).

Anyway, the reports from folks who've seen the Founders cars indicate that they're pretty well built.

Maybe Eds became more irate later on (I don't remember it being so, but I didn't follow the whole saga across the various threads), but if he did, I'd imagine these choice quotes (and the similar sentiments that followed) from the first two pages of this very thread didn't help:

...just sayin.

I'm a little tired of people quoting my post as an example of TMC inhospitability, without the benefit of the original post for context.

1) Eds' first two TMC posts were made in the investor sub-forum and were extremely negative toward Tesla. In other words, very much like other short trolls.

2) His prediction of zero cars in Q3 was proven wrong and I still expect that 100 cars for 2015 will be shown to be wrong also.

3) The main thing that gave him credibility was the note that the post was removed at the request of Tesla, which is now known to be false.

It seems to me that the only thing he has going for him was that he was generally correct about the Model X rollout being slower than most of us hoped for, which is something that has been true about every Tesla product launch ever. Others may have a different view but I stand by my post. If it talks like a short and posts like a short...

2) His prediction of zero cars in Q3 was proven wrong and I still expect that 100 cars for 2015 will be shown to be wrong also.

3) The main thing that gave him credibility was the note that the post was removed at the request of Tesla, which is now known to be false.

It seems to me that the only thing he has going for him was that he was generally correct about the Model X rollout being slower than most of us hoped for, which is something that has been true about every Tesla product launch ever. Others may have a different view but I stand by my post. If it talks like a short and posts like a short...

6 cars for a car company is a rounding error. He was quite specific about seats and actuators and his predictions turned out to be pretty close (Musk admitted seat issue and actuator change during Q3 call and NPR interview).

6 cars for a car company is a rounding error. He was quite specific about seats and actuators and his predictions turned out to be pretty close (Musk admitted seat issue and actuator change during Q3 call and NPR interview).

Depends on the car company and the car. Six is infinitely more than zero - you can't just round down to nothing and say "see, he was right." Seats were already a known issue. Not interested in debating further as it is pointless without at least being able to refer back to the original posts. I'm not saying I'm 100% sure he was a short, just that he appeared to be so at the time and I don't appreciate my post being quoted months later as an example of inhospitality, particularly when the original posts are gone and he still has yet to be shown to be right on anything (being "close enough" doesn't count).

Determining whether he was a short or not, or was right or not, is immaterial to whether folks were inhospitable or not. It can go to whether inhospitability was justified. That's a separate discussion. Folks were inhospitable (and, as I mentioned earlier, IMHO far too often are on TMC when members discuss negative-to-Tesla things).

But enough digression. It sounds based on TMC chatter today that at least two Xs were spotted on delivery transports this weekend. Good news. Here's hoping we see a deluge of delivery windows pop up this week.

The picture of the carrier with the white MX on the top rear position appears not to be a founders as the fender emblem is the plain "T" without the Founders insignia.
Hard to see that.
Image: http://i.imgur.com/57mOEo2.png
57mOEo2.png

Image: http://i.imgur.com/VCjFfew.png
VCjFfew.png

Last edited:
Honestly, I have my very own theory about that Eds saga that started about 07.17. earlier this year and that is a very sad one. I will always keep this my personal one. As everybody else would do, I searched the internet for more information about this topic and I was shocked. As I mentioned before I work in the automotive industry and thus I do have some knowledge to add 1 and 1.

IMO it should be in the interest of every one here (users as well as mods) to have an open minded conversation as close as possible to the reality, as objective with as many opinions as possible. Censorship is always a sign of weakness and is a no go in modern western societies.

I can imagine a whole lot of people here (some others maybe not(!)) could have saved or even made some money during the wild SP swings after 07.17 this year if we had a better discussion about the Eds topic. Just everybody go ahead and take a look at the daily chart for that time frame.

Just one additional thought:
A new forum account is created obviously only to share some important information that could be shared with the public and:
- the person accnowledges to be short TSLA as hell
- and the person is honest and gives correct and validvery bad information for TSLA
Do we really want to ignore such person and scare him away?
Really?
Do we really want lose our money invested in TSLA???

Here is hope for a more pluralistic, objective and friendly conversation in 2016.

That might help the most of us here and give us a better understanding of SP reactions as well.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Honestly, I have my very own theory about that Eds saga that started about 07.17. earlier this year and that is a very sad one. I will always keep this my personal one. As everybody else would do, I searched the internet for more information about this topic and I was shocked. As I mentioned before I work in the automotive industry and thus I do have some knowledge to add 1 and 1.

IMO it should be in the interest of every one here (users as well as mods) to have an open minded conversation as close as possible to the reality, as objective with as many opinions as possible. Censorship is always a sign of weakness and is a no go in modern western societies.

I can imagine a whole lot of people here (some others maybe not(!)) could have saved or even made some money during the wild SP swings after 07.17 this year if we had a better discussion about the Eds topic. Just everybody go ahead and take a look at the daily chart for that time frame.

Just one additional thought:
A new forum account is created obviously only to share some important information that could be shared with the public and:
- the person accnowledges to be short TSLA as hell
- and the person is honest and gives correct and validvery bad information for TSLA
Do we really want to ignore such person and scare him away?
Really?
Do we really want lose our money invested in TSLA???

Here is hope for a more pluralistic, objective and friendly conversation in 2016.

That might help the most of us here and give us a better understanding of SP reactions as well.

Cheers.

You might want to 'past and copy' this in the ST Investor thread!

That would indeed explain some things

Returning to the claim by Eds of ongoing design changes to Model X (being allegedly a root cause for ramp-up volume delays) that included door opening mechanism to change from hydraulic to electric, we now have new pictoral data from the Model X design studio - indeed showing a physical change in the door opening mechanism, not only compared to the 2012-2013 prototype but also compared to the spring 2015 mule leak from Michigan:

View attachment 92856