Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious what y’all on this thread are upgrading from? I’m coming from an M340i XDrive (0-60 in 4.1 seconds). My buyer’s remorse is less so from placing the order and more from second guessing if I should have opted for Plaid. It’s effectively a $17,500 extra for those who qualify for the tax credit, $10,000 if you don’t, and $3,500 if you don’t and opted for the 6 seater.

Curious what y’all on this thread are upgrading from? I’m coming from an M340i XDrive (0-60 in 4.1 seconds). My buyer’s remorse is less so from placing the order and more from second guessing if I should have opted for Plaid. It’s effectively a $17,500 extra for those who qualify for the tax credit, $10,000 if you don’t, and $3,500 if you don’t and opted for the 6 seater.
Had a 2021 MYP, got rid of it in stupidly in February 2022 for the refreshed 2022 Toyota Tundra which I’m replacing with this Model X.

What do you mean by next year?, I am not up on the credits....is it only good for this year only?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe starting in 2024 there’s a requirement for the IRA tax credit that the vehicle’s battery have a higher percentage of components manufactured in North America. Hence, Tesla’s comment on the website that the amount of credit may be reduced starting in 2024.

Thus, if this price drop was solely to drive demand while the credit applies to their batteries as they are manufactured today —and not a function of reduced cost of manufacturing—then not sure if they have incentive to keep prices as low as they are today. Granted there’s a lot of macroeconomic factors that I’m ignoring with interest rates and consumer demand and I have no clue what Tesla’s margin is on these vehicles.

Interesting to see so many have VINs. I am in Chicago and ordered the morning after the price drop and my delivery estimate just got moved to Oct-Nov, when an advisor originally told me about 2 weeks. My advisor did tell me that internally they are pushing to extend the FSD beta transfer program because of the demand backing up deliveries...so fingers cross that actually happens.
Im also in IL and ordered same day of change and also got bumped to oct/nov. Only sign of hope I have is that in the app its already setup to transfer fsd from my model S 🤞

They recently cut the loyalty bonus in half to $500 from $1000. Not sure about EAP being included in the transfer eligibility.
Oh wow, glad I jumped on it early! Full $1k shows in the order invoice.

Attachments

• Model X Order Edit.jpg
    Model X Order Edit.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 99
I am hoping that Tesla offers some free supercharger miles for the last two weeks of September as a final push for the 3rd quarter. My X is showing an estimated delivery of Sept 14 to Oct 5.
If you already ordered you won't qualify for any new promotions.

You're already up $500 though since loyalty is now listed at $500 for all Tesla models.

I think I might have screwed myself.. I previously owned a Tesla and used my friends referral to get the $1k/FSD referral bonus but reading I might not be eligible.

I can refer myself with loyalty but lose $500 since it’s not $1000 anymore. Wonder if they’d change to a loyalty “referral” and let me keep the $1000 since it was before they reduced it.

If you already ordered you won't qualify for any new promotions.

You're already up $500 though since loyalty is now listed at $500 for all Tesla models.
Oh, that's too bad. If Tesla were to offer say 10,000 supercharger miles that would be more valuable to me than the $500. I suspect if they offer anything it might come on 9/15 so as to give potential buyers 2 weeks to pull the trigger.

Oh, that's too bad. If Tesla were to offer say 10,000 supercharger miles that would be more valuable to me than the $500. I suspect if they offer anything it might come on 9/15 so as to give potential buyers 2 weeks to pull the trigger.
Yeah not for me.... I Supercharge MAYBE 4-6 times a year tops over the past 5-years with my Model 3's.

I charge at home on solar daily and really don't have much of any commute (8-10mi to the office). 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
I think the best incentives will be Jan of next year.
The Federal incentive does transition to point-of-sale in 2024, but I highly doubt the S/X prices are going any lower considering the trend in 2023 has them basically rock bottom already. IMO this was just something to keep the sales momentum going before Model 3 refresh and Cybertruck production begins.

These are low volume vehicles (S/X), and in the big picture they don't really add much to Tesla's bottom line or quarterly results.

Model X 2023 Price Cuts.jpg