Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same predicament as some of you. Ordered 9/1 orgininal delivery date was Sept. Got pushed to Oct/Nov. The problem is the FSD transfer expiring on 9/30. I called and talked to a manager and she is looking at options and 1 option I wanted to ask you all.

They have a base model with Yoke with a damage headrest. Does anyone know if they offer a discount to an over MSRP of 80 and it ends up below 80k after discount will that qualify for the $7,500 discount?

I have the same predicament as some of you. Ordered 9/1 orgininal delivery date was Sept. Got pushed to Oct/Nov. The problem is the FSD transfer expiring on 9/30. I called and talked to a manager and she is looking at options and 1 option I wanted to ask you all.

They have a base model with Yoke with a damage headrest. Does anyone know if they offer a discount to an over MSRP of 80 and it ends up below 80k after discount will that qualify for the $7,500 discount?
That will not qualify. The MSRP is what matters. The MSRP needs to be $80,000 or less to qualify. Discounts that bring the total price to $80,000 or less do not work.

Reactions: LiveSai and rmenk
I ordered a red base MX on 9/5. Initial timeline for delivery was September-October, then last week it moved to October-November. I have a Model Y with FSD that I want to transfer. It's non negotiable at this point, no FSD transfer, no deal. My local dealer said if the car doesn't come in time they will try to get my $250 refunded. Hopefully Tesla does right for once and extends the FSD transfer window to those who already had orders placed. We can't control how quickly Tesla builds our cars.

Ordered an LR Ultra Red, 20" wheels, steering wheel, 5 seats on 9/9. No VIN yet. Anybody heard on loyalty discount or if referral discount applies instead?Currently a Model S owner.
I got a $1000 discount added as a loyalty bonus, it showed up as

Referral Bonus ($1,000)

on my Order agreement, Im current S owner, ive never used any referal links or codes. I heard they lowered this to $650 recently.

Ordered an LR Ultra Red, 20" wheels, steering wheel, 5 seats on 9/9. No VIN yet. Anybody heard on loyalty discount or if referral discount applies instead?Currently a Model S owner.
Loyalty discount is automatically applied when you ordered if you used the same email address as your Tesla account. If you go into the app and do the financing section you can see if your discount was applied and they label it as "referral credit" even though you don't use a referral link. My was applied automatically.

I ordered a red base MX on 9/5. Initial timeline for delivery was September-October, then last week it moved to October-November. I have a Model Y with FSD that I want to transfer. It's non negotiable at this point, no FSD transfer, no deal. My local dealer said if the car doesn't come in time they will try to get my $250 refunded. Hopefully Tesla does right for once and extends the FSD transfer window to those who already had orders placed. We can't control how quickly Tesla builds our cars.
hopefully you have it on paper or in a test message....not sure if the local dealer can make the call on refund. I would be wrong.

Imagine that orders are being bumped back because Tesla has gotten a flood of Model X orders due to the dramatic price change and eligibility for the $7,500 tax credit, and free transfer of FSD. $79,900 - $7,500 - $12,000 - $2,500 free paint color = $57,900 net comparible cost.
No wonder the demand just went through the roof.
Minus $2,500 for free paint?

That’s a very Tesla way of looking at it.

Yea I use FSD daily so it's a deal breaker for me. This would save me 12k to do the FSD transfer and thats a lot of $

It's just completely nonsensical to re-buy it all over again, especially when we already have the order placed for a new X. It would be pretty disappointing if Tesla didn't make an exception in this scenario.
Not that they know what they are talking about, but my sa said they were working on getting it extended but had no official word one way or the other yet.

Reactions: rmenk
Just as datapoint: I ordered on 9/3 and my date moved to Oct-Nov like everybody else but yesterday I got a vin and now delivery on Friday. Ultra red with 5 seats. The car just came from factory apparently. This is in Seattle. Transferring FSB as well.
Congrats!!
I ordered mine on 9/6 with the exact same configs as yours....let's hope i can get my VIN soon and take delivery before Sept 30th.