Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update to my previous post: It looks like I'm going to make the FSD transfer deadline
Just got a text with the vin and updated delivery window. Vin is 415XXX The vin designates it as a 2023 model year.

Order Date Sept 1
ODD Sept-Oct
ODD 2 Oct - Nov
ODD 3 Sept 22 - Oct 13
ODD 4 Sept 19 - Sept 25
Salt Lake City Delivery
Long Range, Midnight Silver, 5 seat black Interior, 20 inch wheels.
Trading in a Raven LR+ X with FSD.

BTW this will be our 3rd time buying an X. Looking back at my history, we bought our first, 100 D in October of 2017. We traded it in on a Raven LR+ in October of 2020, and now the refresh X. I really didn't plan on replacing our current X with another X, but the price drop and FSD transfer was just too hard to pass up. Just an interesting tidbit. There were 237,706 X's produced in the 3 years between X#1 and X#2, but only 107,045 X's produced between X#2 and our current assigned VIN. With all the changing dates, I just didn't think it was going to happen, so I didn't get my expectations up too high, but now I'm psyched.

Curious what other’s with deliveries in SoCal currently have for their expected delivery date, specifically those who ordered Plaid?

1. [9/3] Ordered online with estimated delivery late September/October: MX Plaid - Pearl White Multi-Coat - Black interior - 20" Cyberstream wheels - Steering wheel
  2. [9/6] Received VIN (8/23 build), completed all pre delivery tasks, and scheduled delivery for 9/11
  3. [9/11] At delivery inspection ended up rejecting the vehicle due to significant panel gap at the A-pillar where it connects with the front fender and door. They told me it was within spec even though I could see into the gap to see the panel molding/holes inside.
  4. [9/11] They put my order on hold to release the VIN same day 9/11
  5. [9/12] Called to confirm that the vehicle I rejected had been reassigned and so I released the hold on my order
  6. For 1 day initially after release, my delivery showed 9/11-9/18
  7. [9/13] Then it was updated to 10/30-12/11
I wonder if they put you to the back of the queue when you reject a vehicle? I don't care for 2023 or 2024, but not having the FSD transfer is a deal breaker for me. I hope Tesla has the decency to prioritize orders with FSD transfer request. Likely not, in which case, I will cancel if it's not extended (at least for orders already placed with FSD transfer requested)

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
BTW this will be our 3rd time buying an X. Looking back at my history, we bought our first, 100 D in October of 2017. We traded it in on a Raven LR+ in October of 2020, and now the refresh X. I really didn't plan on replacing our current X with another X, but the price drop and FSD transfer was just too hard to pass up. Just an interesting tidbit. There were 237,706 X's produced in the 3 years between X#1 and X#2, but only 107,045 X's produced between X#2 and our current assigned VIN. With all the changing dates, I just didn't think it was going to happen, so I didn't get my expectations up too high, but now I'm psyched.
The production number dropped between your X#2 and X#3 because there were a time when Tesla stopped X production completely when transitioning to refresh X. That was the time when we all bonded together in the other giant X refresh delivery thread, crying and moping about when we would get our refresh X. I waited one year for mine. But I believe some of us waited for 2 years or more. Compared to that time, we have it easy this time. I know… I know… some of you wanted your X by the end of Sept because of FSD transfer. But again, waiting for 2 months this time is very short compared to what we had to deal with 2 years ago 😂😂😂 I recognized many names in this thread as the old timers from the other thread

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
The production number dropped between your X#2 and X#3 because there were a time when Tesla stopped X production completely when transitioning to refresh X. That was the time when we all bonded together in the other giant X refresh delivery thread, crying and moping about when we would get our refresh X. I waited one year for mine. But I believe some of us waited for 2 years or more. Compared to that time, we have it easy this time. I know… I know… some of you wanted your X by the end of Sept because of FSD transfer. But again, waiting for 2 months this time is very short compared to what we had to deal with 2 years ago 😂😂😂 I recognized many names in this thread as the old timers from the other thread
I don’t mind waiting at all, as long as they honor the fsd transfer, lol.

I believe most of the people that are anxious about delivery dates fall in this group. Just an artificial urgency created by the FSD transfer expiration, if it's not extended because Tesla couldn't meet delivery demands.

I'm in that boat. Will cancel my order if FSD transfer is not extended if my delivery slips past 9/30. I wonder how Tesla is currently viewing that scenario of how many orders will be canceled and thus affecting Q4 numbers.

I likely will cancel if I miss out on a FSD transfer. It feels like losing part of the incentive that had tipped me over the edge to place an order.

Which is silly really, because I was/am perfectly happy with Autopilot. I like the changing of lanes that FSD does for me and I have less phantom breaking with FSD over AP, but there are other things that drive me crazy. On the other hand, I have a perfectly good MY. There's no real need to upgrade--especially with changes that may be happening in the next few years (other manufacturers and possibly better charging infrastructure, Juniper, etc)....but....X was always the car I wanted to get.

It will be a lot harder to talk myself into transferring the cash if FSD transfer doesn't happen. I did my part, ordered when my estimated delivery was within the transfer window. Not my fault there was a run on orders, I love the red color, and I live on the east coast!

Wait you ordered back in August and you're still having to wait?!
Yup seems like you are missing something pal are you sure your order went through and you finished all the prerequisites?
MXP ordered 9/11. Ultra Red/Black/20”/standard steering wheel. Still showing “Oct-Nov”. I get the feeling I may not be taking delivery until 2024.
nope it ain’t that bad of a wait time you should receive in end of October or November