Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current buyers are so spoiled and worried about a few weeks wait. It took six months to get my Feb 2022 MSLR and I felt fortunate. Some waited over a year.
Exactly and Tesla does not make X’s like they do 3 or Y’s. They make them once or twice a year in small batches. So if your X has not been made and you are expecting it by 9/30 there is no way.

Reactions: zoomer0056
How many of you that are trying to FSD transfer will pull out if your delivery date goes past the end of this month?
Can we be clear no one should cancel their order if the FSD transfer isn't honored? Instead you should let them get the car to your store and then just never respond to schedule the delivery date which would force them to have random inventory all over the country that they already paid to transport. That's about the equivalent FU that they're trying to do to us, why shouldn't they be afforded the same headache?

Then at least someone in your area can benefit. If you're gonna be out $250 you may as well at least get some entertainment from it :cool:

What agreed upon deal? The FSD transfer option was offered well before the price drop.
The FSD transfer option was still offered in first week in September when many of us ordered. When we ordered, the delivery window included September. What is frustrating to many of us on the east coast is that several people on the west coast that ordered after us with the same configuration we ordered are getting there vehicles this week or next (or have already received them). It doesn’t take two weeks to get vehicles to the east coast.

How long have you worked for Tesla's marketing/legal team?
What agreed upon deal? The FSD transfer option was offered well before the price drop.
I wouldn't have placed an order without FSD xfer. In good faith I deposited $250 with the understanding Tesla would honor the agreed price and terms (FSD xfer). If Tesla doesn't delivery, they have broken the agreement and should refund the money. Contract law, year one law school

I wouldn't have placed an order without FSD xfer. In good faith I deposited $250 with the understanding Tesla would honor the agreed price and terms (FSD xfer). If Tesla doesn't delivery, they have broken the agreement and should refund the money. Contract law, year one law school
Verbiage within the order agreement. Not a lawyer but merely pointing it out. Honestly, I feel like Tesla should do the right thing and honor all FSD transfers for orders placed by 9/30, given the sudden price-drop demand.

Attachments

• IMG_7864.jpeg
    IMG_7864.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 69
Can we be clear no one should cancel their order if the FSD transfer isn't honored? Instead you should let them get the car to your store and then just never respond to schedule the delivery date which would force them to have random inventory all over the country that they already paid to transport. That's about the equivalent FU that they're trying to do to us, why shouldn't they be afforded the same headache?

Then at least someone in your area can benefit. If you're gonna be out $250 you may as well at least get some entertainment from it :cool:
That is a better idea. I won't cancel, I will just ghost Tesla, like they have ghosted me. I have text them twice last week, and I have yet to get a response 4 days later. The lack of communication on a $100k purchase is unheard of. And before a smart ass tells me to go to a store, that would be a 9 hour round-trip

Reactions: icipher
I seem to remember delivery times quoted as September/October. Seems like it was pretty obvious there was no guarantee of September delivery.

When you ordered your X and selected the transfer FSD option did it give you any kind of wording or agreement?, if you did not then they owe you nothing and the best you can do is hope they honor it.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Went to test drive a MX yesterday. I'd have to say I was disappointed at how dirty the demo car was. Both middle seats were not working and would not raise up to access the back seat. It had the Yoke which I would have preferred to test drive with a wheel. Auto Pilot was disabled so couldn't test that out. Sales person said they deliver 20-60 cars everyday. Whoa! Afterwards I test drove an EQS. Complete night and day difference for sure. I believe the SAE level 3 is only approved on the 2024 EQS model. Not sure if they will OTA update for the 2023 models. Mercedes is definitely aggressively marking these down to get them out, similar to Tesla. I'm on the fence as to which one to get honestly. The EQS is the ultimate in luxury inside and the drive is like your floating on a cloud. The MX felt more like a sports car and I'm concerned about the fit/finish issues expressed online and YT.